Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

How many Nomads effected by the BLACK-OUT?

I know there are alot of Soomalis who live in those areas where the power has went. How are you people dealing with it? It reminds me of Somaliya.

wlcm back mizz lexus...glad to see u got your old name back.

nin yaaban,,,,

when you said how many people suffer from black-outs....

i was hoping you was saying that you was experience eppisodes, where you loose conciousness, and become unaware of your actions for a period of time..,,(does anyone else share my sypmtoms)

i was about to say that explains your sick, weird and insensitive character/humour

Asalaamu'alaykum...

Lool, yeah I just read about it online, masaakeen. Man so it must be pretty hectic up there, with no traffic lights on the roads, and even more entertaining is the thought of all those places with no alarms to protect it, I can just picture all the looters loool.

However it does make you think, "THE" "United States of America" can't even get their bloody electricity to run smoothly. Can't they see that nothing is in their hands. So i wonder how they will defend themselves from Allah's anger. Subxan'Allah! Just a thought...hmmm.

Anyway Insha'allah hope y'all get your power back soon and that you guys are all doing OK.

looool, i just realised computers are powered by electricity mr Nin-Yaaban...so i doubt anyone effect by the black out can read this until after, loool.

Wasalaam

Bambina   

How about the black-out ?Hum hum ,I would say ppl walkin by the streets waitin for their buses sufferin through the heat ( I was in a car I didnt complain dat much ,lol),traffic wit no lights (hey,I remember I did complain about dat),long line-ups to buy candles,the damn McDo was closed ,my friend and I couldnt get our sundaes,grrr.And I waited a long time to catch my bus but then after there were no streetcars ,so I had to walk from a subway station to my home ,it took me an hour to get there,lol,plus I had to be careful not to be run over by cars.I swear its hard for drivers to see ur raised arm,lol.

Wat else?Cops gettin busy in case of robbery,ppl enjoyin their nights in front of their houses ,includin my cousins and I talkin non-sense ,lol.It was fun though but black-outs were not something new to me,in a way I had fun .

Haaruun   

This was one of the worst experience I had in Toronto for the last 14yrs.....I spent 5hrs on the road, just driving from work to my house.it's usually 30min. Almost run out of gass....I witnessed enough accidents, saw worried moms who were concerned about their children, Most of all I'm thanking Allah for getting me home safely.

I hope none of our nomads were involved all that horror stories we heard on the news

Changed   

i suffered........this is what happened to me : i was typing something on my msn when hooyo screamed from down the stairs and said naakalay internetka ka bax, ee hoos imow ......so i do as am told and she made me watch the news and translate it in somali..... :eek: :eek:

thats all folks icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

if was there : i would robbed banks for sure icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Blessed   

^^loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool^^

You are bad, I tell ya :D

But I guess, translating is pretty hard for a 'suju' like u icon_razz.gif

Khayr   

Salaamz,

You know the BLACKOUT was a definite SCARY

situation especially when you come to think that if it lasts any longer, any minute now, you won't have WATER.

The BLACKOUT really showed me something

and that is the WILL AND DESIRE of ALLAH.

In one sec., 50million people were left helpless

and very much parlayzed.

I was watching the reactions of people at the stores trying to 'STOCK UP' and I wondered,

the first think that they thought about was

trying to maintain the same lifestyle of HORRIDYING FOOD & ENERGY that has brought them to this situation.

Yes, the people where Selfish b/c they were horridying things like water, ice and batteries!!!

I remember a hadith wherein the diff. btwn a mumin and a kafir where being discussed and a diff. btwn them is that when a Mumin Sins, he remembers Allah and asks for forgiveness.

They ayats of Allah are always clearer to the Believing Men and Women vs. the Non-Believers.

Situations like this should always make you appreciate life and what you have.

Saax?

Seeing the long traffic jams and streets jammed packed with people walking for miles reminded me of the Qiyamah and how Allah can destroy this world JUST LIKE THAT.

As Allah says in Sura Yasin, He just commands and says unto a thing BE and it shall BE.

This last reflection was really scary

cause come to think of, none of us know when the Qiyamah is and you know there are many signs

of it and we just don't have some indicater

saying 'Ok, thats the Dajjal, Mahdi and Nabi Issa'

so lets get ready for the Qiymah now.

Saax?

One thing though that I am confident is that

People will forget sooner than you know

and return to their 'NORMAL LIFE'.

Saying this I remember the story of Musa (s.a.w.)

and the Bani Israel. When Musa left them for a while, the Bani Israel went back to their old ways and started worhsipping the idol of a COW.

By the way,

Can you guess what question is all over

the news-HOW MUCH WILL THE BLACKOUT AFFECT

THE ECONOMY???

I never in my life realized how much electricty I use untill I had a black-out. It was horrible, from no air-conditioners, to no elavators. My goodness, I would have pulled my hair-out but luckly I had the new Harry-Potter book that I bought a day ago that I havent read, so I took a candle and spent hours reading that. Afterwards talked on the phone with my friends who were also freaking-out. Thats when we had this great idea to link up as many muslim friends on the phone and start recieting quran and hadiths. After about 13hrs I got everything back.

Let me just tell you to those who didn't experience the black-out, I feel sorry for you, because it made me realize how I take the smallest things for granted. And made me realize how Allah can take away everything just like that.

Alxamdulilah everything turned out fine for me my family and friends.

.:peace n luv:.

asalaamu alaykum,

I'm in Ottawa Canada, one of the cities hit by the power shortage. I just got my power back 2am today and then around 9am it went out again and then came back on at 1 pm. I just talked to my grandma in the Toronto and she still doesn't have power in her area.

It's amazing how everything here depends on electricity. I'm just so grateful the power went out yesterday BEFORE I did my grocery shopping for the week.

I heard a few people were locked in elevators and stuff, I hope everyone here is ok.

salaam

MaLikah   

Grr..I'm in Michigan and most parts of Detroit are still out. No electricity, lights, and water (till this morning). And dammit- my fone keeps dropping its reception :mad: . Now I can't even speak to anybody and I left my novel at work..what to do..what to do? I'm about to pull my hair out literally .Isn't it crazy how dependent we are on this stuff. I promised myself after this is over, I'm load up on candles, those lil' mini fans and about a dozen novels. And oh, about enuff food to last me to till New Years:(