Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Super Scary Movies

Has anyone seen Saw III yet? I don't like blood & gore scary movies so recommened the movies that made u pee in ur pants in fear or stay awake late into the night terrified to close your eyes or get off from under your protective comforter.

It's been a long time since I've been frightened.

Well, I recently read that watching a scary film with your partner strengthens your sex life, apparently. Something to do with trauma and its effects on the libido, apparently.

Also, I was reading in the paper that the Ambulance Service is discouraging squeamish people from seeing that film (SAW3) after a bunch of people fainted at cinemas across the country over the weekend. Good publicity or what? Bunch of nincompoops.

Me, I would rather wrestle with a big, fat, muddy hippo than see a 'horror' flick. *Shiver*

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

watching a scary film with your partner strengthens your sex life.

:D:D:D ,i bet many nomads would experiment this right away.

Getting back to the question,i don't dislike scary movies but i seldom watch them.I love war movies.War movies are scary too. :(

I loved the first two, i can't wait to see the third, somehow supernatural horror movies are too artificial for my taste, i like human horror stories, like hostel, texas chainsaw masacre and saw.

Paragon   

^^^ Crazy movie. Throwing old Vinyl at the ghosts :D . Comic.

Originally posted by Reality Check:

I would like to forget that I saw SAW I ..lol

I just taped Exorcist I, II and III. I'm still thinking about whether I should watch it by myself or not.

Lol@The Exorcist. I love them, quite funny actually, especially the possessed little girl :D . Cute.

Nothing scary enough is on the movie market yet; I shall hang around hoping some director would cater to my taste. Something that rarely happens.

Khalaf   

^^^^we used to watch that as little kids....it was scary back then tho.

Last "scary movie" i checked out was the omen....cool movie. I will most def check out SAW3 its sick.

Originally posted by Reality Check:

I would like to forget that I saw SAW I ..lol

I just taped Exorcist I, II and III. I'm still thinking about whether I should watch it by myself or not.

By yourself? The word freak comes to mind! :D

Believe it or not, The only scary movie I have ever watched was ' I know what you did last summer' . And that was enough to last me a life time. I can't stomach war and scary movies.

A couple of my freinds are addicted to Japanese horror movies, from what I have heard they are pretty scary. I tend to stay FAR away from movies like that.

Now i'm gonna see this ,,,, WOW ,, have been eddicted to da scary movies since i was a child ,,,,,

Has anyone seen THE FRIDAY 13TH ,,,,,, Ohhhh Gosh ,,,, that was really nice

Man, I'm taking a Horror Film & Fantasy class at my uni and I'm subjected to all kinds of gory stuff every week. I'm such a wuzz, I actually scream in class, in front of a room full of people trying to find the Marxist subtext in a zombie eating the entrails of a child.

Right now, I have Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead, directed by George A. Romero, to watch. But I can't, even in a busy library, in daylight, can't bring myself to watch them.

But they're supposed to be groundbreaking, changed the face of horror forever. So you might wanna give that a try. And films like Suspira by Dario Argento.

Last week we saw a clip of a French film called Irreversible, which was plain nasty. It's meant to be really really gory. There's a 9-minute rape scene, which thankfully, they didn't show. But they did show a man's head getting bashed in with a fire extinguisher....slowly....for like two minutes...with his head getting flatter each time....ugh

Sky   

Nobody is able to watch rape scenes. The tought that the actress changed her mind right after the director says: "ACTION!", leading her to being raped by her colleague, all the while the director admires her convincing acting, consumes our mind. No? Than maybe it's just me.

I watched SAW I with a buddy during the afternoon. We were this close to end up in each other's arms. But a group of girls were babbling next door and they could just barge in at the wrong moment.

Shakti   

Originally posted by XulaXu:

I actually scream in class, in front of a room full of people trying to find the Marxist subtext in a zombie eating the entrails of a child.

lol.. i actually laughed out load (at work) when i read that part..

SEWIII was excellent, usually sequelrs not that good but sew3 was surprisingly very good. If u liked the 1st one.. u sure gone love SEW3

Urban   

Film fans faint at Saw III show

The Halloween horror hit Saw III was released on Friday in the UK

Staff at a UK cinema have had to call emergency services three times in one night because of a spate of people passing out during horror film Saw III.

One woman was taken to hospital and two other adults were treated by medics after fainting in Stevenage, Herts.

And in a separate case, a man collapsed at a cinema in Peterborough, Cambs, "due to the film's content".

"If you know you're squeamish, don't go," warned a spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service.

"This is obviously a blood-thirsty film. Some of the scenes are fairly horrific," Matthew Ware told the BBC News website.

All the incidents took place on Friday evening, one of the busiest nights of the week for emergency crews, he added.

Discharged

"Taking three ambulances out of the system on a Friday could potentially be a problem", said Mr Ware.

A woman in her 20s was discharged from the Lister Hospital in Stevenage after being treated.

And the two other cinemagoers - who had been at the town's Cineworld complex - were left "in the care of friends and relatives" without needing to be taken to hospital.

A man aged 34 fainted at the Showcase in Peterborough, Mr Ware said.

There was also a case of a 22-year-old woman passing out at Cineworld in Cambridge on Friday, but it had not been confirmed that she was watching Saw III, he added.

The slasher movie is currently number one in both the UK and North American box office charts.

A spokeswoman for the Cineworld chain said they did not wish to comment.

:D:D:D:D

I'm looking forward to watching the movie now...