Sign in to follow this  
OLOL

URGENT PLEASE HELP THIS LITTLE GIRL

OLOL   

Her name is Halima Hirre Husein, 2 years old, from a destitute poor family from Godey in Ethiopia. She has a huge tumor in her genitalia.

link below,descretion required, if you could stomach looking at such picture)

Her father brought her to Mogadishu, Somalia in search of medical help. Mogadisho is a war torn city lacking basic medical facilities. Doctors there said they can't help her at all and she needs to be taken to overseas. They said they are unable to do any kind of medical operation to remove the tumor.

She is at Banadir Hospital in Mogadisho and the doctor who is taking care of her is Dr. Abdi Ibrahim Jiya. He can be reached at telephone#:

2521270362 or 2521-501155.

I am doing a fund raising for her through friends and I have already $350 US dollars but that is not enough.

I did write to 5 international charities for help. Please do your part and let us all help this little baby before it is too late.

Here is the link of her picture which shows her painful situation.

http://www.dayniile.com/Juun/Gabaryar.htm

http://www.dayniile.com/sawirda/cunug1.JPG

PS: She is not arelative of mine and I don't even know her family.( I know we Somalis are sick with Qabiil and it has impaired us so badly, that we have became heartless people )

I just came across this painful sitaution through Dayniile and it really touched me. Please I am appealing to your humanity and kindness, help this little baby before it is too late.

Jacpher   

Ilaahey ha caafiyo maskiinta dhiban.

What type of fund raising are you making? Do you have an account with Xawaaladaha Soomaaliyeed or are you doing with some other method? Please post.

May Allah enable us to help the needy.

You can appeal for help without posting that photo! That is truly disrespectful and in extremely bad taste.

If you had a similar condition and someone posted a photo of you with your privates exposed, how would you feel? The fact that it's a child makes it 10 times worse!

PLEASE REMOVE!!!!!

Please let us know if you have local hawilad contact for her! It is a lot easier to set it up that way than calling a long distance phone..

Thanks for bring it up..Please let us help this little poor girl..

OLOL   

I don't have an account set up yet but i am going to check this with other guys involved in raising funds but i guess you could do and organize locally and then contact the phone numbers given at that site.

Lexus, I did post this picture for humanitarian reason and to show how urgent this little poor baby needs some help. She has to be brought outside of Somalia where she could get medical attention.

----

no need to be so immature and so judgemental. please think and act before it is too late.

-----

I know it is kind unethical to post a picture of such pain here but my ultimate goal is for you guys to look deep down into your heart and do something for this poor baby.( 2 yrs old )

dawoco   

People, let's not focus on the picture but on the problem at hand. Ilaahoow u gargaar masaakiintaas, aamiin.

If one of us speaks to the dr, ask him what his nearest xawilaad is and under what name money can be sent, those that want to help can send the money directly without calling the somali number up.

Perhaps even use a codename for members on sol sending money, so that he doesn't need our individual names.

If allot of people give a little bit, there will be enough money to help her, so lets get involved please, no matter how little a contribution you make.

Asalaam aleykum

What you have shown (picture)is a rare case of cancer in children. The most malignant one being Sarcoma botryoides and the least fibrosarcomas and leiomyosarcomas.

What I would advıce is if anyone can be of help to do so. If the worst case is Sarcoma botyroides halima will need preoperatıve (in this case pre)or postoperative chemotherapy with or without radiotherapy which are expensive treatments. And the outcome is favourable.

I cant promise but I will try to talk with some of my Gynaecology oncology professors and ask if there are means of helping. As in medical treatment. Have read a case where a 5yr child was treated succesfully in Nigeria.(1999)

Fiamanillah

Sky   

I want to send money, but how do I know the money will reach this poor girl. She also clearly looks like shes suffering from some serious malnutrition.

OLOL, that pic is terrible. Please turn it into a URL link and let the people themselves decide if they want to see it or not. Remember that there are little kids in this forum. They shouldnt be seeing this.

dawoco   

I didn't want to look, laakinse looking makes u realise how horrific it trully is and how it is unnecesary as it can be helped, with the aid of muslimiinta. So the picture is crucial, ootherwise it is jst another story with a faceless child.

As for sending money, we will have to send it and hope that with Allah's will it reaches her. Not sending could be more dangerous.

Also, if some1 can find an organisation that will sponsor her to go abroad for the medical treatment she needs, we could focus on collectin her fare n so on for her. Sending money alone won't do much in Somalia, will it?

Masaakiinta Allah caafiyo, aamin.

I'd like to know if there is a contact address or money transfer agency where I can send money. Also, what will the money be spent on (fare, medical costs etc?), how much is needed (minimum) and what plans are there to move the child to another country/hospital? I want to tell some people about this and it helps if I have more information.

OLOL   

Good News, Young Halima was flown to Austria where she is now hospitalized thanks to a very awsome Somali brother. There is also another awsome Somali sister who did collected more than $5000 in Norway for the little baby. I had sent $ 500 (collected from few friends) to Dr. Jiya. Halima's father was rewarded $6,900 as he was accompanying his sick child.

Some borthers in Rochester, MN were also involved, trying to get Mayo Clinic's help and also they were able to secure a US visa for Halima. There other kind ladies who were collecting money for her in different parts of the world.

I hope the doctors in Austria will be able to treat her well and let us all pray to Allah to make it easy for her. Just recite few Quranic verses for that poor baby!

Ilaah ha caafiyo Haliima yareey... Aamiin!

Rahima   

Mashallah and inshallah i'll be making duca for the little girl.

May Allah make the operation successful and give her a speedy recovery.