Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Photo of Obama dressed as Somali Elder causes huge contraversy

barack_obama_dressed.jpg

Obama campaign slams Hillary over scare tactic.

(Politico.com) - Obama campaign manager David Plouffe accused the Clinton campaign Monday of "shameful offensive fear-mongering" by circulating a photo as an attempted smear.

Plouffe was reacting to a banner headline on the Drudge Report saying that aides to Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) had e-mailed a photo calling attention to the African roots of Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.).

"The photo, taken in 2006, shows the Democrat front-runner dressed as a Somali Elder, during his visit to Wajir, a rural area in northeastern Kenya," the Drudge Report said.

The Clinton campaign did not deny the charge, but did not comment further.

Plouffe said in a statement: “On the very day that Senator Clinton is giving a speech about restoring respect for America in the world, her campaign has engaged in the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we’ve seen from either party in this election. This is part of a disturbing pattern that led her county chairs to resign in Iowa, her campaign chairman to resign in New Hampshire, and it’s exactly the kind of divisive politics that turns away Americans of all parties and diminishes respect for America in the world," said Plouffe.

The photo created huge buzz in political circles and immediately became known as "the 'dressed' photo," reflecting the Drudge terminology.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8667.html

there he is again.I hope this will be the man to lend a hand in the eastern African affairs.

make our transition more smoother, than those damn

Southern red necks that are for war and oil.

Ps. I like that picture...

STOIC   

Libax,

The dark art of campaign is in full swing.The tactic of negative campaigning spares no one.I was laughing at Hillary on the weekend when she was on airwaves complaining about Obama camapign mudslinging her stand on NAFTA policy.This is the same as the email that have been circulating about OBAMA refusing to cite the pledge of Allegiance.Every one knows that negative campaign are designated to diminish positive effect of the opponent.The above picture doesn't constitute a convincing evidence to the average educated person that O is a terorist.High visibility negative effect like this doesn't work.It is like Obama picking the news about Hillary being bisexual from the web and circulating it.Every one knows that it is ineffective and untrue story!

^The accusations have some merit, he didn't have any decency to even deny it.

According to MRS C "Obama "is continuing to send false and discredited mailings with information that is not true to the voters of Ohio," Clinton said.

He is a liar and instead, he said "there is nothing in the literature that is false"

Obama kept preaching how he will not resort to dirty politicking and just as much as people are pointing fingers at Mrs C's camp, obama's is just as bad if not worse.

Xidigo   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^
:D

coconut.gif

You just want to make me dance like.. :D

A guguleee, a guguleee.. a gugeleee. aguglee.

lool

Aaliyyah   

Desperate times require desperate measures lol...

Like whats wrong with the traditional clothes that Obama is wearing, I guess she couldn' find anything negative abt Obama's campaign....

this is hilarious cant help bt smile ;)

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Obama’s campaign is being a bit sensitive on this pic!

Xiin, awoowe, this is part of the Obama strategy. I thought you were a pundit. :D

make noise, slam Hillary, scream "dirty campaign" and pretend you are the victim.

J.Lee   

Awoowe? War ileen balaayo. How old is Xiin?

Hillary has become extremely sensitive as of late. Is it just me or does she win every time she cries. I think it is about time we are graced with another one of her waterworks.

I don't see the big deal here. However, it has somewhat of a shock value because people just tend to think of him as an African-American rather than a product of a foreign import.

It was just meant to be an indirect way of reviving the old fears of Obama being *gasp* 'Muslim' but people will see this as the fairly pathetic act of desperation that it is.

I would have prefered it if the Obama camp just laughed this off but as LST has pointed out this is politics.

He looks fly though.