Sign in to follow this  
Fyr

Charles Fred's Trip To Somaliland

Maf Kees   

Magnifique! Great snapshots by these Charles and Fred. Thanks Fyr.

Here are some pictures of Somalia taken by some dude named Orien Harvey. Orien? :confused:

Don't like those though, mostly sick patients and empty streets.

Yeniceri   

Nice photos, indeed. The images of the people are most telling - content with their life and surroundings, despite the circumstances. Resilience, I say. And the natural scenery is absolutely breathtaking. In the photo with SL and UK flags next to each other, was that taken near the space allocated for the future UK embassy in Hargeisa?

And the photographer got jokes.

The metal containers are full of money. Although it seems as if there is lots of money, £1 is equivalent to 10000 shillings. Largest denominations are 500 shillings, so not more than £100 pounds there.
Bank robbers would need Lorries!

Bank robbers will need trucks to rob large sums in many countries, not just in Somaliland.

Maf Kees   

Am I the only one who figured out that Charles Fred are two guys? It reminds me of Hannah Barbera, the duo that used to make cartoons like The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Scooby Dooby Doo and The Jetsons. Everybody thought it was a woman, but actually it stood for two guys; William Hannah and Joseph Barbera.

I liked Najeeb's photos at the end of the tag series. Those Laas Geel pictures (Ancient Somali cave paintings) are breathtaking. I have them in my iPod now.

Jabhad   

Nice pics walaahi - can't wait to go back insha'allah cuz i been a refugee too long -

The Hitlerz don't become refugees, they produce refugeezz ;) !