Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

SOL Bollywood club

Chimera   

Originally posted by SCORPION_SISTA:

Yeah adam it was a beautifully made film, you should check the movie "Lagaan" it was made by the same director and was nominateed for a foreign film oscar. BTW whatever happened to that movie KANK?

I made the mistake of watching only the first half of KANK, i should have watched the whole movie that same day but i didn't, i just went to bed and thought i will watch it tomorrow but this never happened. Even now i don't feel like watching it, maybe because i'm a hedonist and don't see the fun in watching a movie i allready know is going to end with SRK and Rani living happily ever after( right?)

same with Jodha&Akbar the beginning bothered me alot i was on my couch thinking oh no not one of those lovey dovey movies - i wanted to stop the film then and there but because i was so tired and the remote control was so far away i just continued watching and thank god the movie finally started getting good 20 min later

so yeah that's what happened to KANK :D

ZOLA that movie is older than my Hooyo lol i just read that of the whole crew and cast only 2 are still alive :D (but seriously is it really good?)

Zola,

It was a very good movie wasn't it even though it wasn't a hit as they say.

I loved Jannat and it was really a good movie...Definitely worth a watch.

Adam, I guess that's okay we all those movies, we don't watch for a long time or don't finish right away.

I am looking forward to watch Sarkar Raj which was released this past friday

bee bye

Baluug   

I've seen "Main Hoon Na", "Ajnabee", "Heyy Babyy", and "Tom, Dick and Harry". All good movies, but those frigging Bollywood movies are way too long!! 3 bloody hours!!

Skipper   

Bollywood movies are so underrated. I am yet ro see a movie better than kal ho naa hoo, it was mind blowing. For those of you who have seen veer zaaara, is it better than kal hoo naa ho?

nuune   

Last Bollywood Movie I watched was Raja Hindustani by Amir Khan & K.Kapoor in 1997, it was one of the biggest hits of the 90s.

But my all time favorite is movies by Hema Malina & Darmendra, folowed by Govinda, and the famous comedian Shakti Kapoor.

Indian movies went from best to worst, they no longer have the good entertainment, even the songs that used to be in the movies are now converted to hip hop iyo jinni kale.

Who remembers Mintun & Cali Dheere :D

ZOLA   

"Pardesi, pardesi jaana nahii"... alaa macaa heestaas la heesay ..Raja Hindustani was a super hit back then.. Nuune- u r way behind and Bollywood has produced realy nice movies since then.

Paragon   

nuue, I do!

Last week I re-watched an old classic called 'Yaarana' staring Amitabh Bachchan, about friendship.

I found it enchanting. Philosophically, it was a highly optimistic concept of friendship, which borders on utopianism smile.gif .

Good watch though. I can't stand movies on love, though.

nuune   

Isse lool, oo miyaad dhalaali filimaanta jaceelka hadaad daawato, dad badanoo waxaan garanayaa isku dhugcayo sidii burcadka u miilmayo kol allaala kolkey daawadaan aflaam hindi ah illintu shalalaq ka oranayso.

sxb bal daawo Raja Hindustani, waliba in Af Somali ku daawo, naftaa kaa bixi, in kastoon Af Hindi ku fiirsadey, Af Soomaalina waan ku fiirsadey waxey ku dhax walaaqayaan waad la yaabi, Al-Faghi Studio talaw wali ma jiraan, nimankaas gacan baan u taagey wallee xagga tarjumida, Maxkamadahoo dhulka la simaan ogaa 2006kii qalabkoodi dhannaa.

RedSea   

Nuune,

Mintun and Gacma dheere along with faris were the reasons I missed alot school and dugsi time for. Back then Indian films amazed me.

I agree with Zola there have been a lot of great movies made over the years.

Imagine going to video store and asking people for a movie by the actor "Ali Dheere" :D:D:D I am glad I actually get to learn they real names.

I enjoyed this song from Raja Hindustani

RedSea   

Hey do you know this movie starting Mohan(Sharukh Khan) in which he plays NASA engineer who works in the United states and later decides to return back home to India in pursuit to find his long time nanny, who raised him after his parents passed away. While on his trip he also finds a long time child friend of his, a beautiful and intillengent girl who has graduated college in new Delhi and striving to change the lives of villagers by teaching them multiple subjects.

Sharukh khan finds his dear nanny as well the love of his life.

I can't recall the name of that movie, but I think it had good story line to it.