Sign in to follow this  
Maf Kees

Hyena Meat Halal?

Jafarel.   

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not permissible to eat dogs, or to give them to people who will eat them, because it is haraam to eat them or to help anyone else to eat them. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Every animal that has fangs is haraam.†(Reported by Muslim from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him). According to a hadeeth narrated by Abu Tha’labah al-Khashani (may Allaah be pleased with him), “the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade the eating of every carnivorous animal that has fangs.†(Agreed upon). Dogs are carnivores that have fangs.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid (www.islam-qa.com)

I believe Hyena is a member of this group of animals.

Correct me if I am wrong O knowledgeables..

juba   

have you seen the documentary about Heynas on Discovery channel (i was bored ok!) THEY ARE THE MOST DISGUSTING ANIMALS ON EARTH!!!

their deplorabel lifestyle alone( i can't bare to write what i have seen!) disqualifies them from a muslims diet.

Maf Kees   

^ Word. At least lions have the decency to break your neck, wait till you choke to death..and than eat you. Hyenas are chewing and tearing on you while you be screaming for help.

Anyway, maybe its a Somali traditional belief that hyena meat is halal. Some Somalis believe that hyenas are hermaphrodites (half male/half female) because the female hyenas have extra male hormones that has made them at least as large as their male counterparts. Their clitoris is also therefore so big that it looks like a certified penis. Add to that that female hyenas are the leaders of each and every hyena clan wherever in Africa. For Somalis back in the day, I don't blame them for thinking hyenas were hermaphrodites. They wouldn't be the only one. European scientists used to believe that too.

P.S. Fireworks were off the chain last night. We bought shit you can commit genocide with. We were the kings of the neighbourhood last night.

Arawella   

This topic is confusing me by the minute. Could someone please clarify what is deemed Halal and what is not. For instance is Frog considered Halal meat? What about Kangaroo? I tend to eat most of sea food, hence am I committing a sin? :confused:

Urban   

Originally posted by Warrior of Light:

There is also a hadith which mentioned that the Prophet SAW made it obligatory for a person to make wudhu after eating the flesh of a wild donkey.

i thought it was camel meat, not donkey.

i heard a story about that but i dont know whether or not it's true, i'll make it short...

back in the day, the prophet SAW was having a meal with a group of people, they had camel meat. after the meal one of the guys farted, the smell was unbearable, and nobody knew who it was.

the prayer time came and all the guys still had wudu from the earlier prayer, except the man who farted, he was embarassed to get up and take wudu becasue the other guys would find out it was him, so the prophet SAW told all the guys who ate the camel meat to take wudu, then all the guys took another wudu.

does anyone else know this story?

Arawella   

LOL... I was giving the same explanation! Quite laughable, initially I have assumed it was a Somali tale. But if the prophet (PBUH) decreed than we should follow it.

Shirwac   

Originally posted by Daanyeer:

clitoris is also therefore so big that it looks like a
certified penis [b/].

P.S. ...
shit

:D:D:D I'm too young to read this SHIT!

Urban   

Originally posted by Fathia:

LOL... I was giving the same explanation! Quite laughable, initially I have assumed it was a Somali tale. But if the prophet (PBUH) decreed than we should follow it.

:D i also thought it was one them trademark somali tales...

some of the funniest tales i've heard is about somali men living in arabia. you see, watermelon in somali is khara...and the word 'khara' in arabic means sh*t! lol there are countless stories about them speaking in mixed somali and arabic and using the word 'khara'...but i wont go into that in this thread.

hodman   

too much info on the anatomy of the hyena what th *****?

Any ways for whoever asked anything from the sea is Halal.

assalaamu alaikum

horse meat is halal and so is hyena(there is a saheeh hadeeth in ibn majah) and locust and some kind of lizard(dont know about all lizards)

Originally posted by Daanyeer:

Anyway, maybe its a Somali traditional belief that hyena meat is halal. Some Somalis believe that hyenas are hermaphrodites (half male/half female) ...

halal and haraam has nothing to do with hermaphrodite. you cant eat a male dog and you cant eat a female dog and you cant eat a hermaphrodite dog so you cant eat hyena. its just gross

The Zack   

^Is your conclusion based on religion or is it just your plain opinion?

P.s. There are a lot of "disgusting" things that are still halal to eat.