Sign in to follow this  
nafta

I want a doll, a doll who looks just like Mary, my high school sweetheart

Ibtisam   

Akhaas, i can't believe people abuse animals like that :rolleyes: CL that nearly made me throw up, nasty shid :rolleyes:

As for the topic, Nafta

You asked :

Is it a sign of the times?

Yes it is the end of times and there are many crazy things going on in this world

You asked:

The end of the nuclear family?

No the nuclear family will always exist, sometimes at a lesser extent, but the practice of this behaviour is not so wide spread to do any damage, probably less rate than animal lovers and sex child offenders.

You asked:

The end for the need of the opposite sex? Seriously, What do you think?

This may sound crazy, but the other night I was watching a Islamic discussion on Shirah TV, and the topic was something similar to this, sexual satisfaction with invented products (i.e. not the natural way).

Anyway the shike was saying that the reason things like masturbation and toys are forbidden in Islam is because (he gave many reasons, but the one I found interesting and relevant to this topic) was that in fact (and specially women he said) it heightens their sexual levels (can't remember the exact words he used) and in fact they become sex addicts and go to extreme measures (I know, I know you wonder how extreme can they go from here)to satisfied this increasing sexual drive.

I have no idea if he has scientific evidence or was it just his logical reasons.

So no i don't think it is the end of the need of the opposite sex (unless it did not exist in the individual in the first place) In fact you can argue it may have the opposite effect.

I don't think this issue is necessarily about sex. I have seen a couple of documentaries, including one where the guy was married but still kept his dolls around because they were his family. The impression I always got was that these people have lot invested emotionally in these dolls. They care for them like they would care for someone they love.

So the issue is not necessarily sexual deviation, but what these men gain emotionally from a doll that only ever is what he wants her to be. Her "personality" is always what he wants it to be. It's the ultimate form of subservience, the 'Weird Science' mentality, the geek creating his perfect woman..... and this is an issue that makes for a much more interesting discussion than your every day run-of-the-mill fetish issue.

For instance, this article talks about how Japan's birth growth is failing, and as a result elderly people who normally cherish their grand children, now buy dolls to substitute them.

The talking robotic doll tells its owner how much it loves her and welcomes her home when she walks back into the house.

The majority of buyers are retired women who live alone.

Woman with toy

These toys are a big hit with the elderly

"Many elderly people buy these dolls, they think the dolls are actual grandsons and granddaughters," says Yuko Hirakawa from Tomy.

"You can speak to the doll and she will tell you she loves you so much. If you hold the doll, the weight is the same weight as a small infant."

Apparently, it provides comfort for lonely women who hold it in their arms.

I personally find it profoundly sad example of how loneliness drives people to seek a human connection anywhere, even in lifeless things.