Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Obama's Cabinet

Rahm Emmanuel has accepted the position as the Chief of Staff, an effective manager who shall ensure smooth transition.

Likely Dems Secretaries:

Tom Daschle -Sectary of State

Governor Janet Napolitano- Attorney General

Jeff Bingaman-Energy

Jesse Jackson Jr.- Transportation

Likely Reps

Sen. Chuck Hagel- Defense

Richard Lugar?

Arnold Schwarzenegger-Energy

Senora   

I dont expect it to turnout this way (except for Lugar & Hagel).

The Obama Camp talked about a few benchmarks in choosing cabinet members:

1) Diversity

2) Bi-partisan

3) A mix of the old & new

Daschle & Schwarzenegger? Ha! I have a feeling we'll be introduced to a few new faces in politics as he names his cabinet..

But, though it was expected, Im not as delighted with the Rahm pick. I would've felt better if he went with a new face instead of an advisor to Clinton...

Pujah   

Lugar has already ruled out being part of Obama admin. I would like to see Susan Rice as the next Sec of State, Powell for Education, Tim Kain for Attorney General and Robert Kennedy Jr for EPA

Also am crossing my finger for for Jess Jackson Jr for Obama's senate seat.

It is highly unlikely that General Powell will be accepting a cabinet position in an Obama administration. At the very least, he will serve in an advisory capacity. I believed Powell when he said he was retiring from the public sphere.

What makes anyone think that this man is all of a sudden for democratic idealogies? Remember, it was just an endorsement, nothing more nothing less. His values are still the same and his believes are the core of the republican party. He was the ideal republican presidential candidate and he did not take advantage of the offer from the GOP during the primaries nor did he entertain the idea of being McCain's running mate after Mccain secured the nomination. Again, I ask, what makes you think Powell will want to be part of an Obama administration?

More importantly, what is the most disturbing to me today is that Obama's first order of business was hiring a "yahuud" like emanuel for the top cabinet position as chief of staff. Now, I have nothing against Emanuel the man or the congressman but this move goes against all the maryooley they call somalida who voted for obama and who faithfully followed him in hopes of changing the american foreign policy, especially where somali and axmaaro are concerned, hahaha. I think that move of emanuel was the first order of "in your face somalis" and muslims alike.

Remember maryooley, Obama does not have your best interest at heart, the least as muslims. He cares about bringing back his birth country to the level it once was, Greatness. Maybe you should all follow suit and let this be a lesson that Somalia needs you.

Yes, he will promote policies that will be advantageous to the growth of "africa" as a continent but do not for a moment think he will go out of his way to catering to the somali community. Matter of fact, count on him to strength his stand on the threat and fight against "terrorism". He wants to tackle the issues Bush has neglected, such as finding bin laden, making sure more of your brothers and sisters don't blow themselves up.(such as the two somalis in germany)

All in all, Obama is no different from any old politician just different skin color folks. Nothing to be excited about.

PS: Che, arnold in an Obama administration?? This is like singing the bipartisan tune a little too far off key.

Pss:Zbigniew Brzezinski, Mika's father should be considered again for the national security advisor position or improve the ranks and serve as a secretary of state.(less likely )

STOIC   

More importantly, what is the most disturbing to me today is that Obama's first order of business was hiring a "yahuud" like emanuel for the top cabinet position as chief of staff. Now, I have nothing against Emanuel the man or the congressman but this move goes against all the maryooley they call somalida who voted for obama and who faithfully followed him in hopes of changing the american foreign policy, especially where somali and axmaaro are concerned, hahaha. I think that move of emanuel was the first order of "in your face somalis" and muslims alike

:D:D :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:

Kashafa   

making sure more of your brothers and sisters don't blow themselves up.(such as the two somalis in germany)

Those 'two Somalis'(as if ur not Somali, Flight 13 oo sharci qaatay, lol) were found to be innocent and cleared of any and all charges. Except in the Court-of-Ismahaan'LayzieGirl' Faarax-where-all-Wadaads-are-terrorists-because the-Macalin-Dugsi-beat-her-too-hard-when-she-was-six.

LG, are you familiar with the term asylum fraud ? It's when you overstate, distort, or lie on a application for asylum/refugee status.

Are all of your papers in order ? You sure ? Hmmmmm. Perhaps you would be better served looking over your own shoulder, rather than jubilantly wishing persecution on innocent Muslims.

Schadenfreude -----> Karma ----> Oh shit!

That's where ur headed.

lol@kasha, you know you are my favourite right?

All jokes aside, if I may set the record straight.

First thing is first, I came as a landed immigrant under the "Canada Family Class Sponsorship" friend .

Fact, we had an aunt who sponsored us under the family class sponsorship, who was a citizen herself. Fact, we paid our passage to Canada from our own pockets.

Fact, we were landed immigrants before we even hit Canadian soil.

That said, the classic and famous "flight 13" term does not apply to me friend.

On the subject of asylum/political asylum:

Fact, no family was more qualified to have applied under political asylum than my family. You may not know this or care to know but I will tell you why we would have made ideal candidates.

Numerous attemps were made on my father's life as well as own lives, that of my siblings and mother, all because my father served under his excellency the late Barre's administration. A man who did nothing wrong but bring himself up from nothing to something and at the same time served his country with honor.(I'm sure you can not speak any single contribution you made or services performed in the name of your adopted country, much less somalia)

Fact, we had people that we employed(provided for many yrs and helped their families) who turn against my father by breaching security. A successful "madfac" was targeted directly at my parents bedroom in our house back in Mogadishu to possibility eliminate the folks that brought me into this world.

Fact, father was not in the bedroom when it happened nor where we present in the house. It was so horrific that it was hit it from us at the time. My friend Kasha, that is a cold hard fact.

Fact, my father was followed after a meeting during the Ali Mahdi administration and a car full of armed men opened fire and he once again escaped death. This was just one of many attempts made on his life at the time.

Onto the subject of asylum applicants:

False claims about vehicle insurance, employment insurance and benefits etc are made daily by people from all walks of life and that my friend is a fact. There are just few bad apples in any group and that is also a fact.

All in all, we may not have needed to apply under such terms, but I'm sure more people out there who do have very legitimate reasons beyond your comprehension do so because they have to or try this, because maybe its the truth and nothing but the truth.

Onto the Subject of your M**ryaan friends:

Kasha, you are a bright fella and for that reason alone, I really believe that you will come to terms with reality of the situation.

You will do this because you know that your men can not go on forever.

PS:Macalinka dugsiga did attempt to beat me(not so much me but my siblings) but just like any corrupt official, bribery was his weakness.

Kashafa   

^ lol, shukran, Mujahid Red-Sea.

LG, feeri nooh, Me and you are cool, only problem i got with you is your appalling lack of empathy when tragedy befalls Muslims anywhere in the world. When the Tableeghi culumaa were murdered in cold blood at the Hidaya Mosque in Muqdisho, what did you say ? "Zere is no baroof, bring baroof farast, Ziis is baraboganda" See camal, sisterada ? The blood of innocent non-combatant civilians stains the street of Xamar, and ur reaction is to bash the Resistance, call it a PR stunt ? When those two brothers got locked up on bogus trumped up charges, you were beside urself with glee, gloating like maxaa kaa galay. Does that make you feel more secure in your status as a 'civilized' constituent of the Western world ? You sometimes sound like the Somali Michelle Malkin(who supported the wholesale imprisonment of Japanese-Americans during world war II)

We get it, u no likey the Wadaads. But come on, yo.... whatever happened to the basic tenets of Humanity ?

See, I used to be a narrow-minded judgmental prick once upon a time, but aging has a way of mellowing you out, new experiences = new insights = new perspectives. Athiga indha'athaygii aa Somaliya kala timid aa weli wadataa, geel-jire till the day i die, bury me a geel-jire :D

Here, read this story. That could happen to you, Madam Proud Canadian Citizen. Sad thing is, hordatha waxaa ka kacee when it actually does. And then some jerk on some discussion board will come post it and say: "Good riddance. We don't need terrorist scum in our backyard. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA"

And as you sit at the holding facility at Pearson International airport in shackles, waiting to be deported(you know, since ur terrorist scum and the spawn of terrorist scum) your good friend Karma will be chuckling quietly in the background as you weep till them tears run dry. Too late now.

Che, my bad for the thread-hijack. Rahm Emanuel, for those of you who don't know him, is not only a committed Zionist but a volunteer in the IDF(Israeli Destruction Forces) during the Gulf War. His father was member of Irgun , one of the earliest terrorist organizations of the 20th century.

Wikipedia:

Emanuel was born in Chicago, Illinois. His father, the Jerusalem-born Benjamin M. Emanuel, is a pediatrician and was a member of the Irgun, a militant Zionist group considered a terrorist group by the British and the New York Times before the founding of Israel

Emanuel left to volunteer as a civilian volunteer in the Israel Defense Forces during the 1991 Gulf War, serving in one of Israel's northern bases, rust-proofing brakes

Obama is fully in the pocket of the Israeli lobby. Zionist agenda, full steam ahead.

Ashkiro   

That is not a suprise, it is America afterall and Washington is ruled by the Israeli lobby and for a long time to come. There is only so much change one can accomplish. Beats the opposite team's policies any day nevertheless. Obama's Cabinet would most likely parallel Clinton's administration, and that is nostalgia for many in this country whom endured Bush's 8 years in office. Insha-Allah khair.

LZG, "maryooley" have campaigned and voted for "Yahoods" in States like MN. Late Sen Paul Wellstone was one example and current rep. Senator Norm Coleman as well. So, I don't think most of Somalis who voted for Obama would really care less of any "yahuud" guy serving the cabinet, after all he(Ramh)is a qualified man for job and a shining star among the Democrats, and that's what matter most to Obama and to the American people(including Somalis.)

If anyone out there thought that Obama's triumph to the white would mean new dawns for Somali, must be too naive. He was elected by American people for America, and his top priorities will be a change in USA not in Somalia or in Africa or in Muslim world.

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

If anyone out there thought that Obama's triumph to the white would mean new dawns for Somali, must be too naive. He was elected by American people for America, and his top priorities will be a change in USA not in Somalia or in Africa or in Muslim world

Why not a change in overseas? You right, as a somali, we dont have to be that naive in believing Obama as the real deal, the guy who would solve our problems or bringing significant change to this part of world, however, we understand that if he wants to he CAN make change in Somalia and to any nation that needs a helping hand. We will see bal siduu wayeelo!