Sign in to follow this  
Delilah

YOur city, whats so cool about it?

underdog   

Definately worth the trip. But make sure its in the summer. There's a lot more going on. You got Caribana, The Somali Football Tournament, Wonderland, boat cruises and BBQs. there is ONE weekend we ALL need to skip town (Call it a protest walkout) when they have the fag parade, head for Georgian bay, Niagara falls, Montreal etc.

there is ONE weekend we ALL need to skip town (Call it a protest walkout) when they have the fag parade, head for Georgian bay, Niagara falls, Montreal etc.

lol why not stay and cause mayhem smile.gif ?? anyway Niagara falls isnt such a bad place to escape too.

I gues as brit can always try the lake district :(

Curly   

Hang you people are not giving London any justice!

That William Blake Poem was from the 19th century and London has change a lot since. Okay fine after living here for so long you take things for granted!

I see London as the most indescribably city in the world, where else would you find such a beautiful, historical, graceful, yet modern city?

London is as multicultural as you can get, they welcome change and different cultures & religions with open arms.

If London was a person on a timeline it would have one foot in the past and one foot in the future!

Where besides could you find a city with such diversity under one big umbrella? There’s china town, Bangla town, a Jewish area, black areas, Turkish areas, Somali town(s)…lol!, Gay areas?

There are mosques, synagogues, temples and churches side by side on the same streets! You’ll hear the adhan in Central London and nobody will even question it!

If you don’t believe me just look at the pictures!

picadilly.jpg

westminster.jpg

LondonEye.jpg

bigben2.jpg

LondonEye3.jpg

London is the one place I've been to where the past harmoniously fuses with the present. A rich eclectic cultural city with all the glamour and glory. I love London - in da summer!

crowd.gif

J.Lee   

Seatttttle! or siyaatal a.k.a The Emerald city how ever you know it as! I love this lush, green, serene city that has been a place to lay my head on for ten years now.the home of Starbucks, Microsoft, Boeing, and the space needle.It's just its habitants that fcuk it up.Litterly!

WingA   

lool@tommasi,

bruv, u gimme so much jokes!! and i swear u was from "ROME".loool..

London, i miss it already and them pic's?? how boom does it look man..

well, am living in a new place called Baltimore, Maryland and this place is quite small but i like it here.. plus i havent seen alot yet so bear with me..

salaams..

Mowgli   

Asalaama Alaikum

Originally posted by chubacka:

As William Blake (A life long londoner) said:

As I wander thru each chartered street

I see in every face I meet

marks of weakness, marks of woe.

Hmmmm, I don't think i could have summed it up any better.

That is one of my favourite poems...but at the same time its sooooooo true, London in the winter is so unwelcoming, ppl are just soo self absorb, unless you get the occassional old lady talking to you, but most are walking around with a screw faces!

But in the summer, as Athena said, London is the place to be!

Ahh winger :D u disappeared from this shody grey island saxiib well done :cool: hope ur settling in to your new surrondings saxiib.

Yeah London i'd have to agree is by far the most cosmopolitan city in the world, or so it seems anyway.

It does have something for everyone, but its hyped up too much some times.

Baaniyal   

nothing impressive about London i must say,that constant use of bus and Train and the lack of proper water mixing, makes it a unpleasant place to live for a spoiled canadian like me. But i guess everyone has adapted to their surroundings,so throw us at a desert and we shall find it welcoming.

Viking   

From the Thames? I am glad to see that am not the only one annoyed with this water mixing issue, it doesn't seem to be a problem with Londoners.

.:ATL:. in da HOUSE!!!!!

You may not believe me but we got a larger Somali community than Mpls or Columbus, Fo Sho!!!

We fight with the negroes here though, some way or another the hate our guts. :rolleyes:

anyway, DIRTY SOUTH is the place 2 B

Nabad iyo Caano

"Its all about Docklands - great river views over the entire square mile, multi-billionnaire organisations, the original city of London, known as the second richest place in the world after NY Manhattan :cool: Mixed with poverty strucked tower hamlets area where a large population of asians can be found roaming the streets of poplar as far as whitechapel road"

London is best described as a paradox. Rich or Poor, Black or White, its a place where anyone can get their little peace of London.

canary_wharf_02.jpg

1317782.jpg