Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

ROMEO AND JULIET IN SOMALILAND

8 pages of arguing wheter Bodheri is Somali or Somalilander later I must say you guys are like a bunch of extremely ****** kids. No wonder the situation there is what it is. Urgh. You're a disgrace to our roots (I expect another 9 pages of arguing on this one [whether we share the same roots or not] as well).

me   

^ What do you suggest? that we sit still and say nothing for the sake of peace? while those who are destroying the fabric of our society keep going? Do you know that people that think like you made teh situation worse, they gave the war lords the chance to hurt our nation.

Nef, this kind of (neutral) thinking got us here, if people stood up against those qabqable qabyaaladeed ee wadankeena baabi'iyay umadeenana dhibaatadan u geestay marka ay xumaantooda bilaabayeen meeshan maan joogneen.

Hada anigu hadaan ka aamuso kuwan. Wey sii soconayaan. Maalinba tiir kale oo Soomaaliyeed ayaa la duminayaa. This needs to stop here and we all need to take a stand. Take your stand Nefi whatever it may be, its better then fake neutrality.

Ibtisam   

^^^lol. :D I can see you standing up to "these people" behind your computer screen.

Nef, move out of the way before he shoots you for "fake neutrality"

me   

Dear Xanthus,

we fighting ideas with ideas and the internet gives us all a platform to share ideas, to discuss matters of great importance for our nation, with people all around the world and at the end of the day the public will decide which idea is better.

As you have noticed the secessionist ideas that your supporting are weak and thats why you end up on the loosing side of every argument. I am not a good 'debater'. I just happen to be support a noble ideal. And ideal of peacefull coexistance of all Somalis within one state. An ideal that says that a poet is just a poet and not this or that clan. An ideal that says we share our culture and that culture is not clan bound. Isn't that an ideal to stand up for? isn't that an ideal to speak up for?

Me, that's just not true. It was pugnacious attitudes - similar to the one you're showing now - that did all the killing, and you know it.

My neutrality isn't fake. I had never heard of him prior to this thread, he seems like a genius madman and I deeply question the love he supposedly felt for Hoodan, because I that's just me, but I don't give a toss about where he was from. I don't have a need to "own" him, like you and Xanthus do.

Ibtisam   

Nef

I guess you are confusing usernames, I have not mentioned ownership at all, in fact i said the opposit...and nor did ME.

ME

This is old ME, I've been thorough this, Yes it is a noble idea, a good ideal, but that is it, an idea, I'm a realist, you stick to your dreams.

I'm not interested in winning or losing any argument, nor do I conform to a particular argument or ideology, as much as you would love to put me in a box.

I'm sorry that you think that discussion and ideas thrown around have an impact on what happens on the ground back home. As much as I would love for this to be true, I doubt any of them care what we think or suggest, nor do they make the effort to read and find out, (they barley listen to the ones screaming in their face) so maxad iska xiijin?

The debates here, are just means of people making themselves feel better, and have a rant about the situation, and redirect their frustration with the whole sad story.

Again your desirable ideals are not a near reality, and I see no reason to support it.

By the way we have already established in the politics section what you mean by "coexistance of all somalis within one state" so i'm not even going to go there again.

me   

Nefi All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good (wo)men do nothing - Edmund Burke

Edit: How about that for neutrality Nefi?

me   

Originally posted by Xanthus:

ME

This is old ME, I've been thorough this, Yes it is a noble idea, a good ideal, but that is it, an idea, I'm a realist, you stick to your dreams.

If its a noble and great ideal, why are you standing in the way of its implementation? because for this ideal to become reality, you need to be willing to sacrifice something. Nothing is for free in this world. The question is, how much is this ideal worth to you at the moment?

Ibtisam   

At the moment Jack Shid, because it is not even plausible. It is as bad as me embracing the idea that Somalia could be a regional superpower. It is a waste of my time, effort and energy to believe and argue for something that I cannot even imagine.

If by implementation you mean blasting your way there, then i have a problem. Otherwise you can plan and implement as you like, when i start to see the reailty of it might start to mean something. In the meantime, I'm going to make do with what i have, because i don't see another better alternative.

me   

^ A united Somaliweyn is a regional superpower, whether you can imagine it or not. And it does not matter its human nature and and a respectable stance in midhaha gunka kuugu jira loo daadin kuwa geedka saaran

Don't worry about me blasting anywhere, enough blood has been shed already, this is about convincing people about whats right for our nation and that we should think further then the current state of our affairs and plan ahead for where we want to be in 20/50/100 years time.

Ibtisam   

I'll be dead for sure, The people who live then will make the same mistakes as us, struggle threw, make decisions or the world will end or horn will be part of the sea or it will be a desert, or the dijaal will take over, or Jesus will be ruling.. My point is I don’t have a clue. Frankly I do not think we are capable of shaping what will happen in 100years. It takes time to build and few minutes to destroy.

Convincing, what if they tell you to hit the road, then will you blast and bush your way thorough?

me   

The discussion derailed big time Xanthus. To discuss whether we can shape the future, we can open another thread, because in my opinion events in the future can be influenced by what happens today. For example, with building political institutions, schools, hospitals, industrial base etc you arm a nation with knowledge and tools that gives them a better chance at survival. Saying we can't do anything about it and sitting idle won't solve anything.

It kinda reminds me of the people that say our destiny is written so there is no point bothering, or we will die when we will die so there is no point going to the doctor for a check up.

ps. Convincing is the only way.

Hunguri   

The Best virtual,battle feild. SOL and its likes. :D Waaryaahee Jacaylbro, sowdigan tii siyaasad ahayd ku madax martay lool. Ma haddaad Hodon iyo Boodhari na siyaasad dhex galisy ;) . Anyhow, to cut the story short. I would say. "Iska wad War baa ka danbayne". Its a matter of 10-12 days. Wixii ka danbeeya Hubka iyo Qalabka adigaan kuu sittaa. I will fire you and would take ur skin off ur bones ;) !

Originally posted by Xanthus:

Nef

I guess you are confusing usernames, I have not mentioned ownership at all, in fact i said the opposit...and nor did ME.

What was the discussion between the two of you about then? Not this corny current one.

Ibtisam   

^^^What is the use repeating things, here is my full detailed response. It helps to read what people have said before trying to beat them into a box. smile.gif

Me, This is going into all kinds of directions. I believe I've made my point and I heard the same old tired one form you. Haal kaa haaiino joogto :D