guuleedosman

East African GDP 1980-2020

Off the ladder 1990 and back on by 2016, third from bottom better than 2 other countries,  not bad. 

Not at our rightful place in the region but a wounded tiger, we are. 

• Like 1

cadnaan1   

I was shocked to see that even in the 80s we were the bottom of the list in east Africa  even worse than the poorest country in the region Malawi.

Somalida wey iska faan badantahay 

6 hours ago, cadnaan1 said:

I was shocked to see that even in the 80s we were the bottom of the list in east Africa  even worse than the poorest country in the region Malawi.

Not Soomaalis in general, but reero faradheer shaxaad ku nool - aka self-proclaimed laandheere.

Anyway, those numbers are skewed. I believe Soomaaliya's GDP is more than 8.3 billion.

15 hours ago, cadnaan1 said:

Afweyne was an incompetent buffoon who was not fit to rule. Somalia's destruction is because of him.

The country was extremely poor, and produced almost nothing, yet provided free education till tertiary, free healthcare, etc

And today with 10 times  more income, almost nothing is provided but too much bureaucracy and too many governments 

9 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

The country was extremely poor, and produced almost nothing, yet provided free education till tertiary, free healthcare, etc

And today with 10 times  more income, almost nothing is provided but too much bureaucracy and too many governments 

You say that as if it’s a bad thing.

Why would you want anyone to “provide” anything for Somalis? We are doing just fine, thank you very much...

23 hours ago, Kala Duwan Clan said:

Afweyne was an incompetent buffoon who was not fit to rule. Somalia's destruction is because of him.

Saacadii baa halkaa uga go'day! Move on   it's been 30 years,  damn it.

34 minutes ago, Dhagax-Tuur said:

Saacadii baa halkaa uga go'day! Move on   it's been 30 years,  damn it.

Indeed the clock is ticking but not for me but for Somalia. The reason Somalis cannot move on is because the civil war has not ended for any group. Otherwise Somalis would be returning back to their homeland.

Somalia is a complete failed state and society that has unable to deal with its issues and has kicked the ball down the road for someone else to fix. Take responsibility..