Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Harmful Cultural Practices against Women around the World

juba   

Originally posted by Wiilo:

As I was reading these articles about FMG I came across one of the pictures in there, and I was shocked seriously, I couldnt beleive what I saw. Its devastating, i wonder who came up with such an idea in the first place... this is basically a torture and it should be stoped. :mad: :mad:

Go figure:...........

NOW u see the light! it took a couple of pics to realize the injustice :rolleyes:

Alleubaahne u REALLY do NEED GOD if u want to "subjegate" ur daughters to such insanity.

J.Lee   

Juba, I quite agree with you but I also believe he needs be subjecated to the same torture for that slip of idiocy,

I wonder what he would of have said if the roles were reversed.

Sacré bleu! :eek:

Alle-Ubaahne,

If you're expecting admiration or applause for supposedly 'sticking' to your culture, I'm sorry to say there's none forthcoming. Female circumcision needs to be left in the past where it belongs, it has no place in the future.

Now, do excuse me while I hurl.

Wiilo   

Juba

NOW u see the light! it took a couple of pics to realize the injustice

dear its not that I didnt know this issue before, but never discussed it with any Nomads in Sol.......

Alle-ubaahne, first of all, welcome back, I mean WELCOME BACK, :rolleyes: if you are expacting someone to back you up with your argument here Dont expact that...............

Go figure:............

Farxan: Curiosity made the cat very ill. :( I literally got sick to my stomach when I saw those images. Ya Allah.

----

Lady%20in%20corset%20sitting%20on%20chai

waist%20corset%20500.jpg

Although the origin of corsetry is unknown, it is thought to go back since before the ancient Cretans. After their introduction, their use stayed strong until the 20thcentury. (Period Dress). Along with corsetry comes many health risks, and, in extreme cases, death. One health risk includes the weakening of lower back muscles. When the back becomes use to the extra support of the corset and the tight laces, the lower back muscles weaken making them unable to support the spine (Corsets, Gracious Instruments of Torture). Corsets were even used as discipline for kids. Some were used to restrain rowdy girls from horseplay and unladylike behavior. They even had “stay laces†for boys, which stimulated what girls went through (Corsets, Gracious Instruments of Torture). In addition, many other health conditions were involved. “Constriction of the lower chest results in thoracic (upper chest) breathing, the abdominal cavity is decreased, the intestines are compressed, expansion of the upper ribcage compensates for constriction below, the stomach narrows, and gradually relocates, the five lower 'floating' ribs are driven inwards, and sometimes meet, the liver is squeezed so that eventually furrows develop†(Corsets, Gracious Instruments of Torture). Corsets also restrained women from acting like themselves in general. They were physically restrained from being un-lady like and were in a sense confined. Repressing women also tended to lead them to accept their fashion and not question or rebel against it (Corsets, Gracious Instruments of Torture ).

Source

Qac Qaac   

alle ubahne if your culture stand for cuting your toes let's say for a good reason, would u stand by it.. if YES i call u a loyal man.. but most like u would say NO..

so bro this act is a jahilyah thing, and i wouldn't let any of the women in my family whether she is my cousin or friend or my mother or sisters, i would never let them go through this jahilyah thing.. and yeah as Og girl said it. it is against our religion.. and islam is bigger then anything else.. culture and western media..