Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Interreligious marriage + small rant + my solution

ailamos   

Originally posted by General Duke:

quote:Originally posted by GaroweGal:

Sherbaan, are you Somali? :confused:

He is a Romanian Orthodox Christian who supports Shiekh Sharif and wants to marry a Somali woman.
:D
loooool :D

Tuujiye   

Sherban... I gave you the answer already man! NO!! qashiin yahoo!!! is clear home boy nothing to debate about...NO!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

ailamos   

Originally posted by Tuujiye:

Sherban... I gave you the answer already man! NO!! qashiin yahoo!!! is clear home boy nothing to debate about...NO!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

^^^ no reason to resort to name-calling yaa Tuujiye

Blessed   

Allowed or not- I wouldn't want to be married to a gaal. Living in harmony doesn't mean that we must have babies together...

Aaliyyah   

Shabeel it is ideal to marry someone you share the same religion with, even if we disregard what is permissible or prohibited from religious point of view.

1. I don't think any of you nomads will burn in hell, I think you are decent and kind people who deserve nothing but the best.

2. I was hoping this thread would turn into an intellectual debate, but it seems it has become a space for ridicule.

3. I believe love is stronger than everything which exists in this world, religion included, and I will marry whoever God intends me to marry, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, or whatever.

4. I think the time has finally come for me to leave.

ElPunto   

^I'm not sure what sort of intellectual debate you were looking for. I think the essence of it is that no one knows who will burn in hell - that is upto God - I think raising that with regard to this issue is pointless. But the path to God is Islam - and according to His wisdom a non-Muslim man married to a Muslim woman would result (presumably) in the children deviating from the correct path.

It's not about hating or looking down on non-Muslims. But to think that harmony and equality necessitate that a non-Muslim man get religious sanction to marry a Muslim woman is not logical. There are many parents who happily give their Muslim daughters to non-Muslim men - shouldn't that suffice?

PS - Those who say they will leave generally always stick around smile.gif

BUKURR   

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

Are there Muslim people(and I say people because Men ALSO cannot marry any who is not a practicing Christian or Jewish) who marry non-Muslims? Yes. Is is allowed? NO! Will it work? yes, as long as none of them is practicing what they claim to believe.

My exact thought, and Sherb this forum needs you, so I urge you to stay.

Tuujiye   

^^^ we are radicals!!!! leave!

seriously, you started a debate thinking you would get the answers you wanted..however, when we told you the truth, you want to leave lool go on brother bye bye.... one more time, as muslims, we could only marry another Muslim.. If you are not a Muslim, don't think of marrying a Muslim sister if you have no intentions of becoming muslim. That is the truth boss!! wish I could suger it a little but I love that rule and agree with it 100%...Lakum diinakum waliya diin!...

Ailamos, waraa qashiin yahoo bax shaqo yeelo...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

SHABEEL, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Dont leave. We value your opinion(at least I do!)Ignore those who ridicule. You know that we are conservative people when it comes to family. Our religion is where we get our morals and values from which is why anytime you ask a Somali person a question about values, they tell you whats ALLOWED and NOT ALLOWED in Islam.

It doesnt make us close-minded or hateful. We can all live in peace and harmoney without undermining each other's values, can't we?

Tuujiye   

^^ C&H why you explaining your self gabareey??? no one did anything to him... we told him the truth and our believe!! wax qalad ah miyaan sameyne?...

He take it as how ever way he likes to but we did nothing but explain to him our believe and the view of our faith... he knows Islam doesn't allow it, but yet still says "I want to know what people in SOL think" ...People in SOL are 99% Muslim... If he wants to ask the question the few non Muslim SOl people, then he should only ask for them..lool.. Is about time we start being clear with people here.. We are Muslims and we have to speak the truth at all times....whether they like it or not!!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!