Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Interreligious marriage + small rant + my solution

BUKURR   

Ailamos, yes I am aware of that verse, and that's why early on, I displayed a little bit of comparison of two verses that talk about marriage.

One clearly FORBIDS and the other SHUNS.

Marrying non-muslims falls under the shunning, and all the talk about it, is just a human interpretation.

Blessed   

In the following verse, Al Maidah, 5. Men are specifically given the permission to marry chaste women from the people of the book. Note, the above verse mentions that both men AND women are forbidden to marry polythiests and here only MEN are given permission, if this was a general permission then it would be clear in both the Quran and it's interpretation in the Prophets (SAW) sunnah.

5_5.png

Trnaslation:

This day [all] good foods have been made lawful, and the food of those who were given the Scripture is lawful for you and your food is lawful for them. And [lawful in marriage are] chaste women from among the believers and chaste women from among those who were given the Scripture before you, when you have given them their due compensation, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse or taking [secret] lovers. And whoever denies the faith - his work has become worthless, and he, in the Hereafter, will be among the losers.

NGONGE   

^^ Nonesense. :D

No shunning involved if you're giving the conditional statement "don't, unless..". Heck the verse even ends with a bitabout understanding clear words. :D

Make it as you go along though. Dee naga daaya.

BUKURR   

^ Then you owe me an explanation of the verse in Baqara and the one in Nnisa.

There is a REASON that Allah used TWO different terms. This is Gods word, and its not a poetry so that we can neglect it as linguistic similarity.

Blessed, am not arguing that, we are talking or at least I'm trying to show the MUSLIM-NONMUSLIM marriage is NOT FORBIDDEN.

Hales   

^^

Stop it with twisting our religion YOU, its well known and a common knowledge even among those with little knowledge of the religion that female Muslim are not allowed to marry gaals.

If Sherban wants to marry a Somali woman, then he needs to search for a christian one. Im sure that he ll find some out there.

Please, stay away from quoting the Koran unless your a qualified moslem scholar. You only getting more danbi when throwing koran without qualifications.

If shabeel cant get no xalimoo, then tough luck.. yo! xalimoos are the hardest women to plz. ask me, i been there many times!! loool.

they require more game than a western women, cuz u not only suppose to please her...but her entire clan and friends. good luck guys. loool.

Blessed   

Subxan Allah @ GD. Jinka ku sitaa indho adakaa. The verses are as clear as the blue sky, why do you insist twisting the meaning?

Might as well put up the third verse just to be clear about what is being discussed....

004_023.gif

The above starts with a statment, Xurimat Calaykum - Forbidden to you. In case you don't know what forbidden means, here it goes:

forbidden [fəˈbɪdən]

adj

1. not permitted by order or law

Source

The verse ailamos posted starts with 'Laa tankixu' which means Do not marry. The wording might differ slightly but the meaning stays the same, Muslims are NOT to marry polytheists, it is forbidden. Got it?

The ONLY exception was the verse in Al Maidah and that ONLY applies to Muslim men and righteous women from the people of the book. redface.gif

BUKURR   

Hello Blessed, how are you. The sky is NOT blue :confused:

I don't know if you just started following the thread, but PLEASE go back to the start of this discussion which was I believe on page 5.

Exactly I brought up these two verses, one uses the word 'forbidden' and the other 'do not' as you already mentioned.

These two verses order as following:

Forbidden:- Mothers, daughters, sisters, eedo, habaryar,...

Do not:- polytheists

Now tell me who is twisting something, I exactly said to marry a polytheist is not forbidden, and you said IT IS, PLEASE ANSWER me honestly.

I'm quoting you as saying The wording might differ slightly but the meaning stays the same, and tell me who gave you the right to say so.

I know, marrying polytheist is something not good for whatever reason, but to say it's forbidden, that's a damn lie. PERIOD.

Originally posted by GDwonder:

I know, marrying polytheist is something not good for whatever reason, but to say it's forbidden, that's a damn lie. PERIOD.

Do not marry... until they believe.

Damaged the frontal lobe, have you?

5, the messed up equation where is it? that was brainy. Yes I do love my mom though I don't remember the last time I said that to her, I don't get your analogy there. Whats between me and my lord is very exclusive, and shall stay like that forever. I interact with fellow humans with the respect they deserve and the reciprocal interest that's between us.

People were ruining the perfect equation by typing 2+2 for short.

Mom is family. A person who truly loves their mother cannot downplay the significance of family. Similarly a person who truly loves Allah cannot downplay the significance of religion.

Ya get me now?

Just to clarify, if my female relatives ever brought any non-muslim partner, I definitely will support that decision.

Well then that is how you feel.

BUKURR   

Originally posted by 5:

Damaged the frontal lobe, have you?

I believe not.

I get your clarification, and truly think so, but that is not the point here.

Some people are trying to hijack this religion and give their own decrees, and say it's from Allah.

God made men and women different.

You guys can marry some Mary-Anna and Bat-Chabbat, we get to give life. And you feel sorry for us? If anything, it should be the other way around.

Tuujiye   

^^ war waxaa rabtid bax guurso..cali beesteen bax keenso hadaa rabtid..qaf kaa celinooyo maa u jeedaa? bax baadari keenso hadaa rabtid loool... iswalaaq jeclaa qoftaan?... caawa mee kaa soo jajabtayna? khandho fiiyfkaaga ku dhacdee!

GD wonder, are you a sunni saaxiib?

nuune, gaalo oo dhan murankooda intaas waaye specialy kuwaan kitaabada okiyaalaha weenka iskaga kor heysto...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

BUKURR   

.. I almost lost you there, but that's all good. Way to end this craziness five, its so exhausting.

I feel sorry for being human really, I could have been an angel or something you know, I can't find anything to satisfy me, being an angel even doesn't help.. this is becoming unhealthy, so I will stop here, I guess that Tuujiya guy was right, markee mukulaal jiis i kor talaabsatay yaa sinonoqday u maleena, goodnight people.

Peace and love first.

EDIT:

Am too tired to respond to you Tuujiye, but obviously you don't know when to shutup!

Blessed   

GD,

It's forbidden because Allah commands us NOT to do something which directly informs the sharia law. In another verse about Muslimah refugees Allah says that they are not lawful wives to them (their disbleiving hubands) so do not return them.. I can't remember the exact verse but I'll look for it.

See the definition of forbidden, it is concerned with law, Sharia doesn't allow for marriage between Muslims and Mushriks because of Allahs command us not to. It's not my interpretation but that of RasulAllah (SAW) and the companions.

If we go by your line of thinking alcohol too would be merely shunned as Allah uses the word 'avoid' and doesn't say 'forbidden to you', yet we KNOW that RasulAllah and the companions understood it to mean it's xaraam.