Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Interreligious marriage + small rant + my solution

NGONGE   

^^ You ask a question and then answer it yourself? :D

In the end, don't be surprised that a consensus made by men in a strongly patriarchal society might sometimes favor the position of the men and less so that of the women.

See the verse you just compeleted. Of course, this does not apply to Muslim men marrying Ahlu el kitaab, which is what all on here were saying all along.

Polanyi   

Why are you acting like a na*cas? I can swear you know that Muslim men are allowed to marry practising Jewish and Christian women. The prohibition for both genders refers to almushrikaat women( as the ayah you posted above says). I am not going to bother explaining this to you, as you are a xarif who likes to play dumb and deceptive games. Warya, it's up to you if you marry your daugther to Ayan hersi's Son( if she has one before 70, lol). All we are saying is just don't say the Quran, (which you don't evenn believe in), tol me so. Dadka Musliminta ha khaldina.

ailamos   

^^^ loool... this is amusing, firstly I don't think Ayan Xirsi will have a son since she will be too afraid that he might become a Muslim and go back to Somalia :D:D and secondly Ngonge if you say that "Of course, this does not apply to Muslim men marrying Ahlu el kitaab" then it would be a logical deduction that the same would be applied to Muslim women marrying men from Ahlu el kitaab since the verse states the same for men and women.

Karlito, thanks for calling me a na*cas ;) anyway, if you haven't figured out by now what I do and do not believe in then there's no hope for you ;) Anyway, if it's permitted for Muslim men are allowed to marry practising Jewish and Christian women, then it's permitted for Muslim women to marry marry practising Jewish and Christian men...

Anyway, mushrikoon has also been referred to Christians because of their whole trinity thing... al-Tabari's explanation points to the Nasara as the mushrikoon...

Polanyi   

Yo, cut the nonsense sxb. Qurank wad taqana and . You fully know the ruling, but you are a gaal and your opinion is more important to you. I know this. You know this. And so do most intelligent folks on here. So why the Munafiqnimo and twising the Quran to suit your opinions? Why can't you discuss Islamic issues with a straight face?

Polanyi   

Sxb, I am as calm as the pirates in the Indian ocean. I am cat and a miskeen. But when it comes to the deen and Munafiqnimo, sxb, am I lion and I am ready to munch you. Roar! Roar! Roar! On a serious note, you made your opinion on this matter clear in the quote Ngonge made from your post. So there is no need for Munafiqnimo and playing around with the Quran.

BUKURR   

Maadeey, there are two parts to that aya and there is a conjunction.

First: Where in the world did I 'shaqaqt' rasulullah. What I did was/is refer to the Qur'an and read a verse and then come out with a conclusion. Again I don't see how that applies to me, the first part adds, that act follows after the person in question has already acquired a knowledge for the matter, I AM NOT, BEEN TOLD.

Second: This is more worse, because the last part says .. 'and follows the way of the unbelievers'. This aya has nothing to do with the aim I have and its jural, and even if it was, what is the BELIEVERS WAY and how do you identify them, is it you, me , the next lady.

In conclusion I say, you came up with the wrong verse to disprove me, but thanks for trying.

Karl, I really don't like reading the Qur'an in English, just for you to know that aya IS NOT THE REAL AYA, its a translation, hence SOMEONE ELSE is volunteering to tell you what Allah said in the text.

I don't know if you understand the original form of the book -I was shocked the first time I saw Arab professionals in their homeland way back not able to READ the Qur'an, forget about understanding it- but there is a linguistic aspect in it that if you compare verses of the Qur'an, you will come out with understanding. The point is the Qur'an DOES NOT forbid marrying non-muslims.

ailamos   

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

Sxb, I am as calm as the pirates in the Indian ocean. I am cat and a miskeen. But when it comes to the deen and Munafiqnimo, sxb, am I lion and I am ready to munch you. Roar! Roar! Roar! On a serious note, you made your opinion on this matter clear in the quote Ngonge made from your post. So there is no need for Munafiqnimo and playing around with the Quran.

LOL@the roaring!! anyway, all joking aside, I wouldnt think of munafiqnimo... all I am doing is quoting the Holy Book and trying to see the reasons why certain people think certain things are allowed/banned and what their backups are apart from the usual "it's forbidden, end of story" statement without recursing to any logical or meaningful reasoning smile.gif

You, Karlito, quoted a verse saying it is not allowed for Muslim women to marry non-Muslim men and I completed the verse for you stating that it applies to Muslim men marrying non-Muslim women as well...

NGONGE   

^^ You're reinventing the wheel though, saaxib. I can't waste time going through the basics with you since you're already quoting Al Tabri. But you're being sneaky in the way you equate the people of the book with those that don't believe at all. Worse still, you give out your argument in drips and drabs, which only comes across as being utterly dishonest.

Dee naga daaya.

Polanyi   

Ailamos, a munafiq never admits he is wrong. You will argue for thirty twenty pages and come with all kinds of hallucinations even though you know Islam prohibits muslim women to marry non to marry non muslim men and that Muslim men are allowed to marry ahlul kitab. As I have said several times: even Sherban knows the ruling. Does Sherban know the Quran better than Ailamos and GDwonder or are someone being deceptive here?

nuune   

I know Ailamos and co are enjoying this kind of talks, but seriesly, one thing should be clear, and this is for Ailamos, and anyone else who is not a Muslim, please refrain from quoting verses of the Quran, and worse you lot try to squeeze the verses into your own arguments, it will not help you, but it is your ways of prolonging such talks to enjoy the drama all around, and that is a sad story from your sides.

if by all means your intentions are to have a debate on the subject, then there are grounds for that kind of issues to be debated rather than hit and run, and misquote verses of the Quran here and there with misleading translations thrown everywhere.

As NGONGE said, naga daaya waxan saaxibayaal, oo wax barta, at least, how to debate!

ailamos   

Originally posted by GDwonder:

The point is the Qur'an DOES NOT forbid marrying non-muslims
[/QB]

I think the verse below disagrees yaa GD:

2_221.gif

"And do not marry polytheistic women until they believe. And a believing slave woman is better than a polytheist, even though she might please you. And do not marry polytheistic men [to your women] until they believe. And a believing slave is better than a polytheist, even though he might please you. Those invite [you] to the Fire, but Allah invites to Paradise and to forgiveness, by His permission. And He makes clear His verses to the people that perhaps they may remember."