Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Interreligious marriage + small rant + my solution

BUKURR   

Alantii aathey KK, ninkaan wiligiis qashin ma dhaafaayo, marka ha iska qeeqeyliyo.

5, the messed up equation where is it? that was brainy. Yes I do love my mom though I don't remember the last time I said that to her, I don't get your analogy there. Whats between me and my lord is very exclusive, and shall stay like that forever. I interact with fellow humans with the respect they deserve and the reciprocal interest that's between us.

Just to clarify, if my female relatives ever brought any non-muslim partner, I definitely will support that decision.

Thats not the question he asked. He said what do you think? I gave him my opinion; it'll work as long as NONE of them fully practicing what they believe. If someone Muslim ama Christian afka ka yahay, then perfect!

Polanyi   

Originally posted by GDwonder:

Alantii aathey KK, ninkaan wiligiis qashin ma dhaafaayo, marka ha iska qeeqeyliyo.

5, the messed up equation where is it? that was brainy. Yes I do love my mom though I don't remember the last time I said that to her, I don't get your analogy there. Whats between me and my lord is very exclusive, and shall stay like that forever. I interact with fellow humans with the respect they deserve and the reciprocal interest that's between us.

Just to clarify, if my female relatives ever brought any non-muslim partner, I definitely will support that decision.

In other words, pleasing other human beings is important than the ruling of your lord and thus you have set them up as lords besides Allah..........You'll probably get upset, but that is the crux of what you are saying.

BUKURR   

Karl_Polanyi, that's not true. You probably grew up in Somalia and thus know how to read and generally understand the meanings of the Qur'an.

I believe this aya is in Nnisa-not sure, and it comes out like this:

7uremat 3aleykum umahatukum..

Another aya in Baqara comes out like this:

.. wala tanke7ol mushrekate 7ata yu'menna.

Now, I don not need for another human to translate this for me.

The first aya says its forbidden upon men to marry their mothers, and sisters..

The second one says, do not marry the unbelievers -both genders.

From this I can extract, if you're following the Qur'an, you cannot marry your mother, also do not marry unbelievers

There are two terms used here: FORBIDDEN and DO NOT.

Now the Qur'an does not require special skills to understand, its written in plain language, so simple people like me can follow it.

From my understanding, I can marry unbelievers though its not preferred due to whatever reason I don't wanna dwell into it now, so for you Karl to say I am setting up another gods beside Allah is not true, I said what I said because of my clear understanding of the Qur'an.

Peace.

Polanyi   

GD wonder, xita Sherban Shabeel knows that a Muslim women is not allowed to marry a non Muslim man(the xalimo he is infactuated with?). :D Muslim men are also allowed not allowed to marry women who are not Muslims or ahlul kitab( christians and jews). This is made clear in Surah Baqarah and even non Muslims know this basic ruling. Every single Madhab is agreed on this matter. So who is the one lacking in understanding?

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Maaddeey:

Shaykhul Islam, wal MuftilCaam GDWonder, Zidnaa Yaa mowlaanaa!
:D

يقال في كتاب المنذر للعلامة المقتدر جي وندر بأن نكاح المشركات, اللاتي لا يشربن الخمر او يأكلن القات, مباح بلا شروط أو درجات. اما نكاح الامهات فهو ممنوع منعا بات.

BUKURR   

Makin fun of me now huh! Of course NGONGE am as capable as any 3alama in whatever book they maybe, but hey am not discriminative, if they drink or chew qat(not that into xalimo's with jaad) they're welcome, and yo Maaddeey I AM MY OWN mufti, praise Allah who taught me, and surely will make use of it.

karl, you definitely didn't get my point, I don't give a rat of what people agreed upon, or what any mathhab says. Just go and read for yourself, you don't need to follow nobody.

ailamos   

hey Sherb, who's the girl you fancy? ;) don't mind what some have yelled and squealed here, in many cases a mother has more influence on her children than the father (they don't call it mother-tongue for no reason)...

If you do end up marrying a Muslim Somali girl, then all the best to you man, I'd prefer you marry her than Tuujiye who will most likely make the poor girl's life a living hell through his generally sour attitude and his half-and-half knowledge about anything, in the least about Islam...

If there's love, mutual respect, understanding, patience, loyalty and basic human decency, then you have the ingredients needed to make a marriage work... nevermind what anyone else says.

For the religious aspect of such a union, here's a link that might help you out: http://www.scholarofthehouse.org/oninma.html

In the end, don't be surprised that a consensus made by men in a strongly patriarchal society might sometimes favor the position of the men and less so that of the women.

Polanyi   

Originally posted by GDwonder:

Makin fun of me now huh! Of course NGONGE am as capable as any 3alama in whatever book they maybe, but hey am not discriminative, if they drink or chew qat(not that into xalimo's with jaad) they're welcome, and yo Maaddeey I AM MY OWN mufti, praise Allah who taught me, and surely will make use of it.

karl, you definitely didn't get my point, I don't give a rat of what people agreed upon, or what any mathhab says. Just go and read for yourself, you don't need to follow nobody.

Of course I got your point. It's only you who is being a typical hardheaded Somali and attempting to bombard us with one erronous opinion. In case you didn't get it the first time, here is the ayat in Plain English:

“And give not (your daughters) in marriage to Al‑Mushrikoon till they believe (in Allaah Alone) ,

See, even Sherban admits he knows the ruling:

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

I've known for a very long time what the Islamic ruling is, and I don't care. I care about the opinions of fellow nomads.

GD Wonder, you should be like SHerban and say you know the Islamic ruling, but your opinion is more important to you. This is understandable. But we will not accept you lying on the Quran and coming up with your own pseudo interpretations.

ailamos   

The verse you mentioned is incomplete yaa Polanyi, here's what you left off:

"And
do not marry al-mushrikaat (polytheistic women) until they believe.
And a believing slave woman is better than a polytheist, even though she might please you.
And do not marry al-mushrikoon (polytheistic men) until they believe.
And a believing slave is better than a polytheist, even though he might please you." - 2:221

As the Holy Book clearly states that neither women NOR men are permitted to marry polytheistic men and women... so, I wonder where the generally accepted notion that only Muslim men can marry non-Muslim women comes from? :D