Sign in to follow this  
Sherban Shabeel

Interreligious marriage + small rant + my solution

Well, here's the thread, as promised. Hopefully we can engage in some wall-of-text battles.

What are some of your opinions on interreligious marriage, more specifically that of a Muslim woman to a non-Muslim man?

Obviously, I think it's all right, and should be allowed.

Small rant: In a recent thread, the Cordoba Project was described, a sort of cross-cultural center near Ground Zero meant to help Muslims reach out to non-Muslims and create harmony between New Yorkers. My question is, how is this harmony going to work if male members of one group are forbidden female members of another group? "Yeah, man, I love you and everything but you sure as hell can't marry my sister. Unless you convert, of course." OK, end of small rant.

My solution: If I should ever decide to marry a Muslim woman, and a Muslim woman should ever decide to marry me, I have a very simple solution. I will kidnap at gunpoint a priest from my country and a qadi or just a regular Muslim of impeccable quality, and make them perform a joint marriage smile.gif

Now, let loose the hounds!

nuune   

The Islamic ruling on your topic is very clear, NOT ALLOWED, and you know it, and was explained to you by Ibti in another topic!

Ibtisam   

Lool, You are funny. @ Your theory and idea! :D

My question is how can you love someone and share your life with them if you believe that IF they die in their current state, they will burn in hell for ever. You either don't really believe or don’t love them very much.

That aside the practical side of it does not work unless one of them really makes a huge compromise and leaves a large portion of their deen behind.

Ibtisam   

Opinion in Islam means very little, you are wasting your energy on this issue sherban and you will not like the response. smile.gif

The thing is you don't care what the Islamic ruling is, but Muslims do.

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

My question is how can you love someone and share your life with them if you
believe that IF they die in their current state, they will burn in hell for ever.

Do you believe that I'll burn in hell for ever if I die in my current state?

Cawaale   

Originally posted by Sherban Shabeel:

quote:Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

believe that IF they die in their current state, they will burn in hell for ever.

quote:Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

No offense yaa shabeel, but its the same way you believe if me or any non-Christian person die with out believing in Jesus Christ as Son of God, risen from the dead, they will surely go to Hell and be tortured forever throughout eternity.

"He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned." (Mark 16:16 RSV)

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me. (John 14:6 RSV)

Thus my opinion goes right beside my beliefs.

Ibtisam   

Sherban: From a user name with views. So I cannot comment on you or anyone individually. Nor can I say I am going to heaven, because Muslims have no guarantee of being saved. We just believe that all our work will be accounted for and that on Judgment Day, if your bad works outweigh your good works, you are going to go to hell. But if your good works outweigh your bad works, you'll probably go to heaven. (Since God is all-powerful, He may do with you as He pleases, if you come up short)

There are 2different schools of Aqidah: the schools of Abu. Hasan Al Ashari (Ashari school) and that of Imam Tahawi. BOTH of them these schools of Islamic belief anyone who is not a Muslim will go to hell. I am in agreement.

The evidence used: Holy Qur'an chapter 3:85- 91

“And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
How shall Allah guide a people who disbelieved after their belief and after they bore witness that the Messenger (Muhammed) is true and after clear proofs had come unto them? And Allah guides not the people who are unjust. They are those whose recompense is that on them rest the curse of Allah, of the angels, and of all mankind. They will abide therein (Hell). Neither will their torment be lightened, nor will it be delayed or postponed. Except for those who repent after that and do righteous deeds. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. Verily, those who disbelieved after their Belief and then went on increasing in their disbelief (i.e. disbelief in the Qur'ân and in Prophet Muhammad SAW) - never will their repentance be accepted [because they repent only by their tongues and not from their hearts]. And they are those who are astray.
Verily, those who disbelieved, and died while they were disbelievers, the (whole) earth full of gold will not be accepted from anyone of them even if they offered it as a ransom. For them is a painful torment and they will have no helpers.”

This Ayah is more is in reference to the Muslim who leave Islam, but along with other proof from the Quran and Hadith conclusion is the same for both.

But Christians and Jews for their time with their messenger will go to heave and the following is from the Quran:

( Holy Qur'an Chapter 5 verse 69) “Surely, those who believe , those who are the Jews and the Sabians and the Christians, - whosoever believes in Allâh and the Last Day, and works righteousness, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.”

(Holy Qur'an Chapter 2 verse 62)

62.”Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allâh and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.”

But anyone who has heard about Islam, had the message presented to them and then rejected is destine for punishment.

My solution
: If I should ever decide to marry a Muslim woman, and a Muslim woman should ever decide to marry me, I have a very simple solution. I will kidnap at gunpoint a priest from my country and a qadi or just a regular Muslim of impeccable quality, and make them perform a joint marriage
smile.gif

Shabeel, how about the girl? you didnt mention that is she doing all this at gunpoint or what? :D

Are there Muslim people(and I say people because Men ALSO cannot marry any who is not a practicing Christian or Jewish) who marry non-Muslims? Yes. Is is allowed? NO! Will it work? yes, as long as none of them is practicing what they claim to believe.

Originally posted by GaroweGal:

Sherbaan, are you Somali? :confused:

He is a Romanian Orthodox Christian who supports Shiekh Sharif and wants to marry a Somali woman. :D