Sign in to follow this  
valish

4 the educated Somalian sisters

^My Lord, these views are so narrow. Some of it does make sense (moving on after so many yrs) but to compare a halal job to exotic dancing is bang out of order!

Firstly, in the UK, black cabbies - pro black cab drivers - earn a decent living, and for your info i've heard and it is been confirmed qualified physicians changing jobs to become a black cabbie driver. That is one example of probably many out there. Deux, a living is a living, no matter how you make it. What matters is that it is permissible from the Islamic point of view, i.e., the how.

Honestly though, I have to agree that something can become a habit and prevent one from progressing. That, i think, is down to one's willpower and ambition.

Now, why did I respond to this, I am suspecting that somewhere down the line people value more the standing - social standing - of the person rather than the actual person and what he/she is got to offer. Keep this in mind: Do not judge a book by its cover. Don't think that one wears nice clothes and seems professional or is professional is going to guarantee a good family life. What one would be aiming for is a longterm co habitation and mutual happiness in a family. Look beyond the obvious! Delve deep and do not be judgemental.

Warning: I don't mean to offend/cross anybody, just airing my views and how i see issues. If it comes across as such, I unreservedly apologise.

UK_ROSE   

Can i just say that its not all about the education. You won’t be talking to the degree, its the mentality. I've met few Somali men who are educated and have great jobs, but GOD they are sooooo cheesy.. You need someone well read "muthaqaf" regardless of their education or jobs.

I don't mix a lot with Somali’s so i really can't say how hard or easy it is to find.

w'sallam

"Is keeping your marriage in happy good manner need to be educated?.."

MM= education comes from diff channelz as my mum sayz someone can be school educated the other can be life educated and i value both of them coz i have seen ppl who cant read or write make something of themselvz and run a successful business. To ans ure qs nO i dont look at a man and think does he have a degree or else i wont chat to him? COZ i have other factors that will outstrip that qs anyday. so degree is irrelevant in some cases also i have meet the most stuck up low minded ppl who also happen to have PHD.

ps as for bus driver, cabbie etc well since they are not taking benefits who are we to judge them at the end of the day if he can manage to feed his kids. But for me personaly i wont take them for reason being out of my control am simply to shallow. :D

UK_ROSE   

Sometimes you'll find Bus drivers, cabbies etc with degrees, phd's etc.

The other day, my sis and cousin got in a cab to go to a wedding. the cabbie joined our conversation and i was astonished to find out the he spoke French, Spanish and had a PHD in mathematics. He was made redundant from his job as a finance manager and had become a cab driver to survive.

Sometimes we can't judge the people by their jobs. Look at me for instance, I’ve graduates and in full time education. Nothing has changed in me, always had the same expectation.

Can i just say that its not all about the education. You won’t be talking to the degree, its the mentality. I've met few Somali men who are educated and have great jobs, but GOD they are sooooo cheesy.. You need someone well read "muthaqaf" regardless of their education or jobs

i agree with ya..