Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

My gay work colleague

The Zack   

Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

I would talk about my gay colleague ,, but chose not to. He is dismissed finally coz he was lazy to do his job.

Somali one?

chubacka   

Give him a book an make dua for him iA, also you can offer to give him quran if he is interested.

Glad "Mo" isn't the partner!

NinBrown   

I would say give him both the simple books and translation of the quran.

As for his sexuality its neither here nor there, he is a kafir which is a bigger sin than being gay. If he repents to allah all his previous sins will be forgiven.

I also had a gay co-worker who liked Khamees and dates....dont now why?

Originally posted by Najmudin:

quote:Originally posted by J.a.c.a.y.l.b.a.r.o:

I would talk about my gay colleague ,, but chose not to. He is dismissed finally coz he was lazy to do his job.

Somali one?
Yes ,,, Somali one

Aaliyyah   

I don't think you should be conversing with a gay guy. I don't know what the religion says about this matter, but that's how I see it.

salaam

Nephissa   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

I don't think you should be conversing with a gay guy. I don't know what the religion says about this matter, but that's how I see it.

salaam

Aliyah, why shouldn't she? 'splain pls. Doesn't our religion urge all Muslims to deal kindly and justly with all people, gay or not? Now, I'm no expert in Diinteena, but I don't see how talking to a gay dude who's showing interest in your religion, is a bad thing.

quote:Originally posted by Najmudin:

quote:

Somali one?
Yes ,,, Somali one
Aucudhubillah... so the disease is spreading.

Ibti,

You are in a tight position but you also have the advantage of educating him on Islam. I would have continued talking with him in the same context you have typed assuming you are busy not chitchatting with him the girly way.... and hand him information on Islam. He needs to read, digest and poke more questions on Islam and then you can opening inform him why Islam considers homosexuality as a transgression etc.etc But Im sure he is going to take time before he rises that qn. He may lose interest if he reads it in the books but Allahu Yaallam; Allah has His plans for everyone. You maybe the person who can guide him.

God bless you

Wol

RedSea   

Originally posted by Ducaysane:

Ma gay baa muslim noqon kara.

dee hadii u muslimo straight ayuu noqon insha allah.

Ilaahay hasoo hadeeyo.

Aaliyyah   

Nephisa from religious perspective we know that they should be stoned. But, thats in a country where the shar'a is implemented. I have no clue what one can in this situation. But, I am assuming the least you can do as a muslim person is keep your distance, ofcourse we have to respect them. Since we live in a country where the shari'a is not implemented we don't have a say in their lives, but I would not go as far as conversing with them. That's my choice, those of you who think they can give them the quran? and have a friendly conversation? I would say before you do anything consult a scholar that can inform you what to do in this situation..

laakin walaalay walahi quran ma u dhiibi karata nin nocaas ah.....aniga I can't even stand the sight of them let alone talk to them.

good night ppl!

Blessed   

^Allah sent a Messenger, Lut (alayhi sallaam) to a whole community of them. The man is of Allah's creation, living on His earth and bounties, she is in a position to teach him about his Lord and that is her duty as a Muslim. And you dn't just apply the sharia on a people, there are pre-conditions.

Ibts,

Talk to him about tawheed, the psycholgical and spiritual benefits of salah since he's interested in that aspect. There's a nice book on this by Hussain Al Awaishah. Then slowly talk about other aspects of the deen, aqeedah first then the rules because the rules often don't make sense when you dn't have the aqeedah in place.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Blessed*:

Ibts,

Talk to him about tawheed, the psycholgical and spiritual benefits of salah since he's interested in that aspect. There's a nice book on this by Hussain Al Awaishah. Then slowly talk about other aspects of the deen, aqeedah first then the rules because the rules often don't make sense when you dn't have the aqeedah in place.

Ayeeyo mad ka daysid! Ibti should do NOTHING at all. Let the man ask his questions and she should answer them in as short and simple a way as she can. Neither should she approach him with books or heavy stuff as what you mention above. What are you poeple? JWs? :D