Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

Inferiority complex = Self Hating Somalis

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

I have relatives who live outside of Minneapolis which is to them "the gheto" or "somali area" in fear of other Somali kids "corrupting their kids" and their kids are looking more and more "Americans" by the day in terms of dress, behavior and attitudes. And I'm like "So you rather have some Gaalo kids hunging arround your kids than Somali? And what is this "Shockingly infectious bad behavior they'll catch from the Somalis that they wont learn from Gaalo? Seriously :rolleyes: . They disgust me.

I thought this was just limited to Somalis in UK. I agree with chocolate & honey 110%, its disgusting behaviour! How does interacting with your people affecting your level of progression! in fact i'd imagine supporting each other would have added to the overall success of the community. Jews are perfect at doing this, they help each other until they are all relatively more or less have the same provisions!

^^ :D:D:D:D LOL!

Any other insights from the colonies?? How does a places like Dixon/Minneapolis deal with this epidemic?? When I watch north african somali movies they portray the communuity as recently arrived migrants, having problems integrating and have a clash of cultures! is this relfective of their lived experiences?