Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

To do lists

STOIC   

Ahura aka Valenteenah....I was so into myself that I forget to wish you a happy birthday.Happy belated birthday dear...one of my favorite people on SOL pages ;)

-Lily-   

Happy B'day Valenteena, don't worry, you usually assess you life the days leading up to & after a birthday.

Zafir   

^^ yeah, Lol:D she should have said it is my birthday on the front door, but instead she plays us with list and plans luring and somehow manages to sneak she aged gracefully today. Wisdom, certainly comes with age eh. ;):D

Bee, Happy B'day Sweety. *kisses & Hugz*.

As for to-do-lists, I do them on a yearly basis and not beyond. And for the coming year, my sole goal is to get rid of all my student dept and be free of it by next june. Smaller goals are to take care better care of my health - eat well, on time, only good food and exercise healthy + travel a bit, enjoy life a little more and not be so frigging upright about things (ya know ;) ).

nafta   

First of, Happy B-day Teenah. Got up to anything special?

Goals...hmm, where to start...

After (a lot of) failed attempts at making goals and writing up tons of aspirations, year after year and doing a fraction of said goals, I decided to toss in the towel and just come out and admit things for what they are. Goal-keeping is hard work! A lot harder even if you suck terribly at keeping them.

Having said that, I thought it wouldn't hurt to make one more goal this year and one that would be fairly simple to reach. I've decided to make it my goal to take each day as it comes, not worry about things that have been or plan eons ahead. Life is complicated enough, we should at least get some sort of joy out of it.

Right now, my focus is to get through my exams, round off this academic year and whoosh off to the other side of the Atlantic. That's not to say I'm aimless or have no perspective, but it's encredibly tiring setting oneself a whole list of aims/goals/resolutions; the dissapointment just weights you down! Before you know it, you've induced learned helpnessless (failure after failure) and you'll get diagnosed for chronic depression.

Happy B-day V! Oh crikey I said that already, ahg, well cnt be bothered to delete this so this should keep you for the next two years!

Vaalenteenah,

Happy B-Day if I haven't already told you so.

Originally posted by Amelia:

enjoy life a little more and not be so frigging upright about things
(ya know
;)
).

No, not really. Tell us or we'll let our imagination run amuck.

FatB   

right now finish of all my freaking assisgnments before end of term........too mcuh to do so little time.....

LoL..thanks for the wishes guys.

Zii, why don't you do a short list for yourself? It doesn't have to be anything major...maybe trying your hand at a couple of things you haven't done before. Like..maybe going to see a show at the theatre?

Maf Kees   

I woke up this morning and for the first time in eight years, I didn’t mind getting a year older.

Walee waan is ceebeeyey. Thought you meant growing older in general. Happy birthday Valenteenah.

Great topic, I don't have a 5 year plan. For me its just Que Sera Sera. I don't mean I have no ambitions, but I don't like to plan my whole life. It makes your world smaller, your life seems shorter and limited to your own grasp of the world.

N.O.R.F   

Well my Arabic has seen much improvement (still a long way to go) so thats an encouragement i suppose.

Other aims which i have slept on for many moons include understanding the Quran fully, travel (not always possible), a sustainable farm back home, Hajj (soon IA), buy a house (not sure where yet)

ScarFace   

Makin plans (INshaAllah)for my business 9 to 5 under a white man aint looking good for me.......

anyone wanna become a partner.....? :D