Sign in to follow this  
pearl

who would ever have thought?

pearl   

just last ramadan i was home alone when this arab man(my mom is his client) came to pick up his money. we have known each other for years, but lately his been eyeing me. I got many hints from him but i never put too much though in to it. previous to this occasions he asks me if i have a boyfriend, and if am willing to consider him....again i let it go by..and just laughed it off......another time he tells me how somalian women have the most beautiful african complexion, and how they are tall and slender..( he hasnt seen many)..he told me something else its quite nasty but i wouldnt mention it here...and how he wants to marry one....my reply was "keep dreaming"...was kinda rude..but he deserves it..

anyways i let him come in while he waited for my mom to return. i told him to have a sit in the living room, while i when to my room. I had to get ready for work and just as i was about to change the door opens. I was shocked to see him there…i would never have mentioned that someone who is muslim, and who is ur guest would impolitely come to ur room without ur invitation… not to mention that we have known each other for years and its the last 10 days of ramadan.

the looked in his eyes freaked me out, i knew what he was thinking..so immediately not to appear scared i “ooh hey, I really don’t know when mom is coming home” and just walked right out the door to the living room. He followed me and since the living room is right next to the main entrance ...i opened the door and said i was leaving and that meant he also had to leave....then he says"but ur not dressed to go out",...i replied "i have to get something from the building, so i dont neeed my jacket"...being that its winter...finally we both left.

what a close call...i told my mom and she in turn told his boss and he got fired.... what a freak!...i would have reported him had he not been a muslim….

am soo clueless sometimes....mainly because it never cross my mind that this could happened to ME and he does look harmless….then again …looks can be deceiving...so my advice to the sisters is dont put urself at risk for rape by being too trusting of men….

OG_Girl   

Salaam,

Sister u really scared me for a minute coz I can't imagine my self to let an Arab man enter to my house while i am alone at home! ,I live in Arab country and I know how they r, damn first I thought u r a guy . any ways never trust any man and be alone with them there is always satan whatever the guy is moslim or not.

Salam

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum,

Hey Pearl ,that was close call to rape but Alxamdulilallah nothing happened to you.Your story is similar to many other stories that I read , girls are likely to get raped by someone they know rather by a stranger.

Maybe the guy didnt intend to rape you, Allah only knows, but anything could have happened.

Something is bugging me though ,when I was living in Toronto , people used to always close their doors in buildings ,but since I moved to Ottawa, I noticed that lots of somalis(Im not generalizing) let their doors open because many neighbours come to visit.My relatives always tell me to let the door open when everybody's there and close it when Im alone.

Alone or not I always close the door but I often went to some neighbours where some girls where alone and didnt close their doors and when I sneaked in they didnt even know that I was in their homes ,what if a guy came in ? Can you imagine?

Another point , as somalis and muslims we often let non-mahrams come into our homes,the problem is what if a guy wants to wait for your parents to come and since you're alone , can you tell him to come back another time? Or face your parents'anger?

what a close call...i told my mom and she in turn told his boss and he got fired.... what a freak!...i would have reported him had he not been a muslim….

[/QB]

You should still report him. muslim or non-muslim.

Som@li   

asalamu calaykum

anyways i let him come in while he waited for my mom to return. i told him to have a sit in the living room

U let an ARAB alone into ur living room,what were u thinking?????

Wy does everyone keep saying "YOU LET AN ARAB MAN INTO YOUR HOUSE"!!!! What makes an arab man worse than a somali, pakistani, white.

The thing is you knew better. Never, ever let any man who is not a close relative in your house. First of all its haram to be alone with him regardless of his and your intentions, and second of all its not your house but your parents. You shouldnt let anyone they did not approve in their house.

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum,

I agree with Shaabella ,we should not let any non-mahran into our homes whether he's a somali , arab or watever.You need to be careful when you're alone.And if you have no choice to let in the person such a close relative to your parents or the guy who does some repairs , keep some distance and watch your back.

pearl! so where do u live! i mean city! i wanna come and visit! may be homie got mesmerized! is that his fault! it looks like u been teasing him for a while!!

good thing! he didnt go all way! when u is alone with a dude, never mind an u know who ppl!!, dont changing w/o locking your!! to some guys thats the ultimate teasing!!!

be carefull yall!!

u should have left him alone and waited at the neighbor house!! or take your stuff there and do the changing!!!... otherwise, u could become america and with unwelcomed Columbus sailing towards yah!!

Macalin   

Wy does everyone keep saying "YOU LET AN ARAB MAN INTO YOUR HOUSE"!!!! What makes an arab man worse than a somali, pakistani, white

---------

Coz hes an ARAB? DUH HELLOW!! :mad:

Call the cops so they can keep an eye or two for that matter(coz hes an arab!) on him!

Did i mention hes an ARAB?..watch for ur lil bro too if u have one :mad:

^^Ur being sarcastic, right? LOL

Anywayz Pearl what happened happened, just thank Allah nothing happened and next time be careful and don't let anyone in. Who knows it could be a pakistani next at your door (kidding).

p.s. I usually act like I'm not in the house when someone knocks on the door that arent my friends or my mom's girlfriends. They end up walking away, it works like magic :D .

.:peace n luv:.

^^ LOOOOL @ nomad member, he's arab al'right.

Pearl sis it seems like your guardian angel was with u that time. phew! u should be grateful to god.

walaahi I never trust arabs, all the things i've heard from them, they even chase their mothers for that matter :(

Nomad Member: please tell me that ur joking

What the hell is wrong with you. Why do you make any difference between 1 man and another because of race. In my opinion i would trust an arab man into my house rather than a somali. :D:D

:D