Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Ten Reasons why you should not get Married.:)

Interesting Article....AOL

10 Reasons You Should NOT get Married

10. She's a "sweet" girl

When you come across a universally acceptable gal (the kind you'd take home to meet your folks), you may feel tempted to take her off the market. Just remember though; she has to be right for you, not everyone else.

9. You're high school sweethearts

It's great that what began as a teenage crush blossomed into a full-blown romance. But let's face it: If she were someone you wanted to spend the rest of your life with, wouldn't you have asked her by now?

8. All your friends are getting married

Being the only unwed guy in the group may feel awkward, but it's nothing compared to the pain of being married to the wrong woman.

7. Your parents love her

A marriage is not a group act. The fact that your parents think she's an angel won't make the relationship work.

6. It's the "right" time

Most men seem to think that marriage is one of those logical steps in the sequence of life. But just because you've got a great career and a nice house, that doesn't mean you should complete the package anytime soon.

5. She put up with you, so you owe her

She's tolerated your countless nights spent in bars, and endured your sloppy ways, but does that mean you should reward her with an engagement ring? The problem is you'll never be able to pay off this "debt".

4. She wants to change you for the better

If you aren't willing or ready to mold yourself into her ideal man, you will only resent her for trying to change you.

3. She asked, so...

In one of life's unpredictable turn of events, by some freak miracle, she proposed to you. And being on the spot, coupled with the fact that you're head over heels for her, may lead you to say yes without giving it enough consideration.

2. You get along with her family.

You love her mom's cooking, her dad's a great mentor to you, and her brother is one of your closest friends. But it's not her family that you will have to share a bed with for the rest of your life.

1. She's pregnant

Bottom line: kids do not make marriages work. It may not be in your, her, or a child's best interest to see two parents subject themselves to a marriage of convenience.

loooooooooooooooooooool i remember reading this list couple of weeks ago on msn.com and it's funny i was thinking about it earlier too. Somehow everything ends up being posted around here.

my favorite is the 3rd one about loving your partners family "But it's not her family that you will have to share a bed with for the rest of your life."

MaLikah   

This part is oooh-soo-tru of practically every male I've come across.

6.Most men seem to think that marriage is one of those logical steps in the sequence of life. But just because you've got a great career and a nice house, that doesn't mean you should complete the package anytime soon.

I can't hate tho cuz I've got my life game plan too ;- so should all you sistahs.

Baashi   

Nuh! By the way, the author is propably addressing different audience whose norms are not quite same as ours. There are 1000+ reasons u should get married. If u r looking...just keep in mind that no one is perfect in this world. Perfection is an attribute of Allah.

TAKE A RISK WITH SOMEONE. Go for fishing to the libraries, to the muxaadirada, to aroos, to a new city...in extreme cases take a retail job in shopping malls where nomads frequent :D . Rule of thumb...be approachable and accessible...don't be arrogant.

Have nice weekend folks ;) .

"Go for fishing to the libraries, to the muxaadirada, to aroos, to a new city...in extreme cases take a retail job in shopping malls where nomads frequent . Rule of thumb...be approachable and accessible..."

Loool....Now I know how and where Bashi works his magic ;)icon_razz.gif

Hmmmm!Well this reminds me of something huh...

I had two major reasons for never wanting to get married. The first was that you can't have sex with other people. The second was that marriage is really just a legal method for the patriarchy to possess and subjugate women. You would not believe how long it took me to come up with the second reason.

I didn't want to get married because, basically, I don't like thinking any further into the future than what I'm going to eat and how I'm going to get sex. Anything else is a hassle.

Also, as an optimist, I like the thought of not knowing how the future will work out, the future of course consisting of what I'll eat and whom I'll have sex with. Once you know those things, all that's left is when you're going to die. And there's a website that calculates that.

Still, because I've been living with my girlfriend for some time, everyone was on my case about getting married. But after 3 1/2 years of explaining to my girlfriend that I was too young to get married and getting almost enough mileage out of my damaged understanding of commitment to make my parents' divorce worth it, I started to feel that being married would be nice, a relief from contemplating what to do, a comfort in being able to plan the future.

Plus, I realized the odds were slim of finding someone else who would let me write about her.

Now, I've never proposed before, but I had some theories. Women, it seemed to me, like to be proposed to. It puts them in a good mood. It's a can't miss. So, the way I saw it, you should use it as an opportunity to go somewhere she wouldn't normally enjoy. Not only will you both have a good time, but she'll also have positive associations with that place. That's why so many guys do it at baseball games. I had my eye on Scores, the premier strip club in Manhattan.

But then I thought that I'd rather not do it somewhere that's all glitzy and forced romantic, like Tahiti or Scores, places that don't represent our real life together, which is actually full of tedium and drudgery, though a really pleasant tedium and drudgery. So I made her a big tofu dinner in our studio apartment.

Then I woke her up at 1:30 a.m. and told her that over the past six months, I've been tearing up over Friends episodes about marriage and the ending of What Women Want. I told her that my life was perfect and that I wanted to freeze it. She seemed to want me to get to the point so she could go back to sleep.

I gave her the ring, and she cried, and we consummated our engagement in a way that, because of the late hour and general excitement, didn't last all that long. Afterward she said, "If this is what it's going to be like, I'm not sure I want to marry you." That's when I knew I had made the right decision.

People keep asking if I'm excited, and I feel bad that I'm not. But I am happy. And calm. And relieved. And so much more sure than I thought a person could be. And I finally realized that I'd happily trade the excitement of the unknown for all that.