Sign in to follow this  
QANCIYE

Litvinenko Converted to Islam at Deathbed

QANCIYE   

Litvinenko Converted to Islam at Deathbed

Alexander Litvinenko requested to be buried according to Muslim tradition after converting to Islam on his deathbed, his father said.

Alexander Litvinenko, the former Russian KGB agent murdered by radioactive poisoning in London, requested to be buried according to Muslim tradition after converting to Islam on his deathbed, according to the Times Online.

Walter Litvinenko, Alexander's father, said in a reported interview published today in the Times Online that his son, an Orthodox Christian, made it his last wish as he lay dying in the hospital.

"He said ’I want to be buried according to Muslim tradition’," Walter Litvinenko told Moscow's Kommersant daily, as quoted by Times Online.

“He said I want to be buried according to Islamic tradition. I said okay son. It will be as you wish. We already have one Muslim in our family. The important thing is to believe in the Almighty. God is one,” Mr. Litvinenko, adding that he also believed that Russian President Vladimir Putin was involved in the death of his son.

He also rejected claims that former Russian agents may have been responsible for Litvinenko's death.

"There was an order right from the top to kill my son," Walter Litvinenko said. "I am in no doubt that this was done by members of the Russian secret services, with the permission of Vladimir Putin."

The grieving father added that he would return to Russia after burying his son, although he considered that returning was not without danger, Mosnews reported.

In a statement read out after his death, Alexander Litvinenko accused the Russian president of what would be the Kremlin's first political assassination in the West since the Cold War.

"You may succeed in silencing one man. But a howl of protest from around the world will reverberate, Mr Putin, in your ears for the rest of your life," he said.

But some suggested the death was part of a plot to discredit the Kremlin.

Russian authorities have denied any involvement in this case.

The only thing I fear in this whole Litvinenko thing is that some brainiac in DC will get the idea of accusing terrorists (read: Muslims) of using radioactive toxics.

"Terrorists planned to use radioactive metal to cause mass destruction"

"Police discovers radioactive toxins in South London - Asian-born suspects to be held at maximum security station"

"Muslims found with radioactive isotope"

That would be quite bad. But like Bush said of beating "islamic facism"; we must do everything to win this war. Scary times we're living.