Sign in to follow this  
Senora

Remnants of a revolution......via Twitter??

Senora   

Twitter has been abuzz all weekend with the Iranian election results Friday. It's been the trending topic ever since. It's temporarily substituting for tradional news outlets as reports have leaked that the government is blocking access to sites, jamming phone lines, and harrasing reporters with video camera's.

Iran Updates

Iranian Blog w/constant updates

Well, back to twitter world....this is getting interesting!

Paragon   

I read somewhere that in the year 3000 youtube, twitter and facebook would merge to form one big time wasting website? Do you know what they'll call that website?

YouTwitFace.com smile.gif

Paragon   

I'm not really interested in a Middle Class 'revolution' propagated by Western backers with still another conception of 'Regime Change' in mind.

they've been running the Iran issue so mcuh in the last couple of days that I've lost interest altogether. You know British reports everything but in a subtly lopsided manner supporting an overall Western agenda.

PS: sorry dear. Didn't mean to hijack the topic. smile.gif

nuune   

Paragon, lool, actually, news reports nowadayz don't offer much, am just a member of Antiwar.com website :D

PS: How about Somali social networking, we can bring together all Somalis in Facebook and Youtube, I think then civil war will start, gaaladaas aanu ku dhax jirno armey dan inoogu jirtaa anagu waanu is cuneenaa hal meel oo gooni ah hadeynu yeelano :D

Originally posted by Paragon:

I'm not really interested in a Middle Class 'revolution' propagated by Western backers with still another conception of 'Regime Change' in mind.

they've been running the Iran issue so mcuh in the last couple of days that I've lost interest altogether. You know British reports everything but in a subtly lopsided manner supporting an overall Western agenda.

PS: sorry dear. Didn't mean to hijack the topic.
smile.gif

I think your reading too much into the Western spin on the happenings in Iran. While the majority of Moussavi's base is indeed Middle-Class it must be noted that plenty outside of that socioeconomic descriptor have also went against the sham results of the election. Putting forth Ahmedenejad as some sort of saviour against Western imperialism and meddling is exactly what his backers want the public to believe, however that is a very simplistic and disingenuous way to look at Iranian politics. It must be noted that their aren't many drastic foreign policy issues between Mousavi and Ahmedenejad, both are in full support of the Iran's nuclear program and have vowed not to derail despite the calls of the Americans. The main thing at issue has been Ahmedenejad's incompetent handling of the Iranian economy, which he has run into a well despite inheriting a variety of attractive factors. It is this domestic issue that is at the heart of his support and distinguishes him the most from his opponents. Even opponents of Mousavi, such as Karroubi who could be seen more in line with Ahmedenejad have also spoke out against the vote rigging. This issue is a domestic Iranian one, and although plenty of Mousavi's base surely gravitates to certain Western concepts, it isinaccurate to portray him or his movement as some sort of American/Western mouthpiece.