Sign in to follow this  
Hales

Are there any reasons why Girls dislike the the word naaya

Cawaale   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ I am going to take your word for it and ignore the women's protests from now on.
:D

Waa markuu wajigaadu dacas la gaduudan lahaa

FG.Duqa dacas xata waxoo yahay ma la kasayo, iyo aslanbo waxaan ka hadlooyo. :D

NGONGE   

^^ Nonsense. I have called many girls 'naaya' and never got as much as a raised eyebrow back.

Sheikh nuune gave a perfectly plausible explanation for the word and until (or unless) someone gives a better explanation; I have decided to follow his reasoning. :D

B   

^

is that because its common place for the 'people of the east' to say what they want to their women. I hear in those regions the woman are very strong and vocal so men usually resort to calling them 'naaya' to tame them. is this true my friend?

excuse my language akhyaarta.

Nayaa marka aad gabar ku tiraahdo waxey ku odhan "ma adigaa i naageystay" which means you can call me naayaa hadii aad i naageeysato(sleep with me) otherwise iga leexo.Try it your self marka aad qofka ka soo kacdo ku dheh "naayaa biyaha ii keen" and see the reaction in her face.She wont dare lift an eyebrow waayo mar hore ayaadba naageeysatay naaagta.lol

so,calling someone(girl in this case) naayaa implies your ultimate sexual conquest.see the implication here?? ;)

I've always understood naaya to be disrespectful/filthy especially coming from guys. Thus, only hooyo is allowed to get away with it, I don't know why though. :confused:

dont worry ladies there are some fellows just as prickly as you are.

recently anigoo shan-ka-roon A.K.A naag-ka-roon fadhiya baan u yeedhay kii mudalabka ahaa, markaan idhi waryaa buu xanaaqay sida inaan magaciisa aqaano oo kale.

first waxaad tidhaadeen 'ma adaa i naagaystay'

then kii ku naagaystay xataa ma ogolid inuu kugu yidhaa naayaa ... xagee la idin racaa hadaba ?

if you dont believe me try it on your wife than eeg wixii kaa qabsada :D

Jacpher   

lol@ar hus.

In my neck of the wood we say, Yareey as in, yareey waarikoow ma jiraa? You never go wrong with Cambaro as well.

Naayaa is big disrespectful but I don't know why it's every women's favorite word. Try telling a five year old not to say that word and he says my sister, aunt and ayeeyo use it all the time. Beats me. Kind of like why madowga hate the N word and kill non-madoows but every madoow has a lifetime license to use it.

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

In Qardho naayaa haddii aad gabar ku dhahdo waxay ku oran "ar hus"
:D

more likely reply would be "nacala kugu yaal" followed by kab. :D