Sign in to follow this  
JUSTICE

Don't pay it back, pay it forward

JUSTICE   

One night this week I watched this movie "Pay it forward" and I was amazed by the idea of the movie and googled it and found that the movie was based on a story by Catherine Ryan Hyde, an American novelist.

9780552774253.jpg

Pay It Forward” is a book written by Catherine Ryan Hyde, but it's also an idea. It's an action plan within a work of fiction. But does it have to be fiction? We're hoping not. In fact, since the book was released in January of 2000, a real-life social movement has emerged, not just in the U.S. but worldwide. What began as a work of fiction has already become much more.

Reuben St. Clair, the teacher and protagonist in the book “Pay It Forward,” starts a movement with this voluntary, extra-credit assignment: THINK OF AN IDEA FOR WORLD CHANGE, AND PUT IT INTO ACTION. Trevor, the 12-year-old hero of “Pay It Forward,” thinks of quite an idea. He describes it to his mother and teacher this way: "You see, I do something real good for three people. And then when they ask how they can pay it back, I say they have to Pay It Forward. To three more people. Each. So nine people get helped. Then those people have to do twenty-seven." He turned on the calculator, punched in a few numbers. "Then it sort of spreads out, see. To eighty-one. Then two hundred forty-three. Then seven hundred twenty-nine. Then two thousand, one hundred eighty-seven. See how big it gets?"

So I would pay it forward from now on and see how it will go smile.gif

Think I read this book a while back when I was forced to write a book review in English class. Very rosy and life-altering idea but nobody gives a flying f*** really. There is no justice in the world, its all a zero-sum game.

Damn, I probably came across as an emo kid in this post. I'll plant a bonzai tree to compensate for my rudeness smile.gif

JUSTICE   

There is a kid inside everyone of us, its no shame.

I liked the idea cause people are becoming selfish and greedy, and they don't bother thinking about others let alone helping them. Pay it forward is a great idea, it will work if you just try.

Som@li   

Pay it forward, Very naive, if only the world problems could be solved so easily. In today's world, it is the survival of the fittest!

Originally posted by -Nomadique-:

^ Gordon, I must say, you seem to possess all the neccesary qualities of a future corporate fat cat.

I'm flattered and altough somalis by nature are skinny, I do hope to become a fat one ;)

Ariadne   

I thought it was a very beautiful idea as well

*thinks to herself*

why is it that people defecate all over hopeful ideas and embrace the hopeless just as easily?