Sign in to follow this  
LayZie G.

Burqa Hijab Ban: Why I agree with Sarkozy

NGONGE   

Norf,

Forget what she thinks, saaxib. What do you think of Sarkozy's comments?

I am with Zulfa on this one.

Johnny B   

I agree with Sarkozy here.

The plain sexism in the Arabic culture covered as religious certitude has no place in France.

is-the-arab-woman-unhappy-with-her-veil_

Look at that child !!

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Norf,

Forget what she thinks, saaxib. What do you think of Sarkozy's comments?

Cr*p.

NGONGE   

^^ In that case, I shall leave you in the capable hands of LG. Mind how you go. :D

JB,

I may be stating the obvious here but a Burkah does not a woman make, saaxib. That's the King of Pop there. :D

Ms DD   

Johny, isnt that good old Mikey? Facts dont maatter miyaa when you are supporting ur absurd arguments?

LG

Your post doesnt surprise me. We are getting new crop of muslims conditioned si aan caadi aheyn. Where do you think it will stop if we dont fight the rights of these ladies? Get to know a burqaani lady or niqaabi.. and ask them how they feel.. You will find them courageous and unflinching resolute in their beliefs. It is encouraging to me and I do pray for them whenever I see a sister wearing niqab..for most of us dont have to bottle..not as long as we are bending backwards to please our non-muslim friends, all in the name of ilbaxnimo and horumar.

MZanzi   

Sarkozy has no right to decide about how people should dress, this is entirely ones own choice.it's also absurd that non muslim women have to cover their heads in muslim countries

Originally posted by Johnny B:

I agree with Sarkozy here.

The plain sexism in the Arabic culture covered as religious certitude has no place in France.

is-the-arab-woman-unhappy-with-her-veil_

Look at that child !!

LOool. That's michale jackson *****.

Anyways back to the topic, I understand banning burqa's, niqaabs, basically anything that conceals one's face especially at schools and government institutions for security reasons, but hijaab is something else. The title is misleading, he said 'burqa's' not hijaab.

i wonder if i Sarkosky dicdates to how many peircing those Camden lot can have, or the nezxt hair cut of David Beckham .. no, hence why he has no say on how Muslim dress, only Allah decrees on how one of his flocks dresses or not.

Johnny B   

Ms DD, i thought the old Mickey pic served a purpose. ;)

There is a long way to go from I've a faith in certain doctrine and I pretend invisible. :D

only Allah decrees on how one of his flocks dresses or not.

Classic ,Flockic, init ?!

Originally posted by LayZie G.:

[QB] I agree with the French in calling for the ban of Burqa in public.

The French President Sarkozy in his address said:

quote:

"The burqa is not a religious sign, it's a sign of subservience, a sign of debasement _ I want to say it solemnly," he said. "It will not be welcome on the territory of the French Republic."

He couldn't be more right. Do you agree with this call for the ban of Burqa?

My only worry is that they will not include the niqab and it will just be the Burqa.

there are many "subservient" things that women can do in France and much of the western countries which will not warrant such bans and outcry of this magnitude, supposedly aimed at preserving women's rights. a woman in the west can put on a dog collar and walk on all fours while her boyfriend pulls the leash, yet this will not be deemed as "subservient", rather, its a flamboyant display of her preferential autonomy to govern over her choices. but a woman wearing a veil is a no no, why? because to hell with her choice to wear one, in the west, the veil represents a visual assault to western virtues, plain and simple.

if Sarkozy's aim is to liberate women, the irony here is that he is just another man telling women what to do. how rich is that :D

the ban on the veil is not about protecting women's rights, its the undercurrent to a much deeper disdain the west holds for Muslims. sadly a lot Muslim females fall for this, join the bandwagon and ultimately end up being used as catalyst to do the bidding for gaalo, self-inflicting without even knowing. "frailty thy name is woman" :D

^the old argument of 'us' VS 'them', just as I predicted.

Stop blaming the west for all your problems, instead tell me how you feel when you cross paths with a fellow muslimah covered from head to toe, supporting the latest Burqa on hot humid day? Does it anger you that she is suffocating inside that black veil? Or do you not care? As for me its incomprehensible.

I can't tell you enough how angry I get when I see a muslimah on the driver seat with her veil or a muslimah carrying a grocery bag and carrying the 'drape' as well as managing two of her children, all the while crossing the street. It is dangerous and wrong and it is unnecessary and the few that make this a west vs muslims are delusional.

But all that aside, do muslims who migrate to France know the secular values thats deeply rooted in France's history?

Do they respect those secular values? If so, they should respect the state's wishes of removing religion symbols from public sphere. After all, Hijab was banned not long ago from public institutions and Burqa will be dealt the same faith and its only appropriate that the title be called Burqa and Hijab Ban.

As for the rest of you, ask yourselves, why should Burqa's ban matter to you as an individual, especially in France?

chubacka   

Noone should be told what to wear and what not to wear by a politician. If he wishes to give women diginity then give them sum credit for choosing their own wardrobe.

This is jst a cheap shot which will only add to anti-muslim sentiment.

LG If you're not the one 'suffocating', why exactly do you care what people wear if it doesn't endanger others? You seem to be an extremist yourself, a secular nazi of sorts.