Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

Surveillance Society.

I always use to hear that term, but never realized how true its until today. Ha, we were just informed by management at the place i work at that they would be installing real time surveillance cameras in work areas. Worse, these cameras record to hard drive and supervisors could go back and view videos anytime they want. Supposedly its there to "help" us do our job, but i say its spying on us. But o'well, what do you people think about Cameras that seem to be everywhere nowadays.

That's awful. Now you'll really have to recycle properly. And you won't be able to waste time chatting with colleagues. And you won't be able to steal milk from other people! The horror. I couldn't work under such conditions.

No seriously, this has everyone at the work place concerned for their privacy. Can you imagine being under surveillance all the time while you work? Rumor has it will have audio too. Its depressing.

^ I agree, cameras are not conducive to a comfortable working environment and it indicates major mistrust on the part of managers.

LoL @ Torres.

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

^ I agree, cameras are not conducive to a comfortable working environment and it indicates major mistrust on the part of managers.

LoL @ Torres.

Y'know it would've been reasonable for this mistrust on their part if we worked with MONEY or anything of value, but knowing that we dont...i just don't see any reason why they would install 'em. It's just a waste of money that they could use it for other things.

Originally posted by Torres:

^Have you been to the UK? You will be on 300+ cameras just going to work (so they say).

yea i hear about the whole Big Brother thing that is going on there. Most cameras here are on private property (malls, shops, etc) and are owned by private companies. So i can understand if they choose to have cameras in their places....but to have the gov't install 'em and watching is creepy as hell. Even though, they wouldn't catch me doing anything wrong. smile.gif

Salma   

Well, as long as they won't put it in the restrooms and inside da elevators, it's ok.. :D

The "You are being watched" mentality/concept should be studied/examined first whether it's ethical or unethical before being implemented...

P.S. I've once I read in a Feng Shui book that putting an apple infront of the PC monitor will protect you from its harmful radiation, the next morning the apple was gone :mad: .... if there was a surveillance camera at that time, I would have figured out who is the monster who took my apple...

Who's watching me

I'm just an average man with an average life

I work from nine to five, hey hell I pay the price

All I want is to be left alone in my average home

But why do I always feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone

I always feel that somebody's watchin' me

And I have no privacy.I always feel that somebody's watchin' me.Tell me is it just a dream?

When I come home at night.I bolt the door real tight.People call me on the phone I'm trying to avoid.Well, can the people on TV see me or am I just paranoid .

When I'm in the shower, I'm afraid to wash my hair

'Cause I might open my eyes and find someone standing there.People say I'm crazy, just a little touched.But maybe showers remind me of Psycho too much

That's why...

I always feel like somebody's watching me

And I have no privacy.I always feel like somebody's watching me.

Who's playin' tricks on me?.I don't know anymore

Are the neighbors watching me.Well is the mailman watching me.And I don't feel safe anymore, oh what a mess.I wonder who's watching me now?Who?

The IRS? :D .I always feel like somebody's watching me. And I have no privacy I always feel like somebody's watching me.And I have no privacy

Who's playin' tricks on me?

I always feel like somebody's watching me

Tell me who can it be?I always feel like somebody's watching me.

Muriidi   

did you know that camera also means "room or chamber" ?

what's a "camerata vocale" ?

surveillance chamber?

i can imagine living inside a camera ...i would be filming some safari park or the alps or niagara falls.

whaat ????

aah rooms and chambers!

have you already applied for thinking space?

you can do that at the national authority for #¤%&

..you have to specify what you want to think about ...but first they have to check you for weapons of mass destruction...or links to any oldschool entertainment(like chevy chase)..

then you apply for thinking space...