Sign in to follow this  
Faheema.

Goals

Faheema.   

I was listening to the Radio on my way to work as usual and the DJ asked a Q which made think/reflect about the last 10 years and what I wanted to achieve. It was all in my head of course, but thinking back I can say with Allah’s help and guidance, I have achieved 4 of the 5 goals I had in my mind. Insha Allah with the will of Allah (SWT) I plan to achieve that last goal smile.gif

So, SOLers, here’s my question to you guys…Have you at some point in your life set yourself personal goals? Could be one of those 5/10yrs goal or you might have said by the time I get to a certain age I want to accomplish these things? Insha Allah

I remember reading this article…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To focus your personal goal setting on the various areas in your life, consider setting goals in each of the following categories. They are listed in alphabetical order for convenience; however where each goal category is ranked in importance is really up to the individual

Career

What is your chosen vocation? What level do you want to reach in your career, and by when? Do want to own your own business and by when?

Community Service

Do you want to help make the world a better place? If so, how?

Creative

Do you want to achieve any creative goals? If so, in what artistic pursuit?

Education

Is there any knowledge you want to acquire in particular? What information and skills will you need to achieve goals?

Family

Marriage, Kids etc

Financial

How much money do you want to earn at various stages of your life? What planning is required in order to accumulate wealth?

Physical

Are there any fitness and sporting goals you want to achieve? What steps are you going to take to achieve this?

Hobbies and Recreation

How do you want to enjoy yourself? Are there any interests, hobbies, pastimes or social activities in which you want to be involved?

Juxa   

faheema, that is great hon, insha allah the last remaining goal will be fulfilled this year.

as for me there was time i felt never fulfilled as if i did not reach my potential or anything closer.

lakin i am trying to limit the hawo-aduun, like you i have one goal remaining insha allah, maybe next year or two it will be all done

Malika   

^Like you,hawl aduunyo has taken the back seat,actually just realizing that life is not permanent and all the planning and re planning will eventually be for nothing has made me live life better. No more disappointment when things don't go according to 'my plans'..I am floating with life now,actually I have become a better person,there is more love within me for those I care for then ever before.

One goal,if time and opportunity permits this year..I pray and hope I shall fulfill.

Malika   

^Insha'allah,all my friends have accomplished that goal,hindiguu weey naa damaa in that sense.

Oh,wont it be something to go as the SOL group..lol

Faheema- I had a ten year plan (COP 31/12/2010) and remarkably similar to the one you’ve just posted. I’ve got 3 things still outstanding, IA I hope to accomplish them and after that never ever make a plan.

N.O.R.F   

I can't say I set myself any goals. Just made sure every year was progress career wise. Only wish I had the same ethos with diinta.

Been thinking of starting that MSc for years but haven't got round to it,,,,,yet.

Originally posted by *Faheema:

Community Service

I think I have done my fair share of community service.

Creative

I always wanted to become an an architect. In fact. For me its about functionality, simplicity and modernity. I am a big of fan of the German design movement Bauhaus.

Education

This is relative. This question has no answer.

Family

A beautiful wife, and 2 kids.

Financial

N/A

Physical

I am in good shape. I'll start to worry when I am on the wrong side of 30.

Hobbies and Recreation

I have plenty of these.

Community Service

Get active with my local Somali community in Minneapolis, specially with youth mentoring programs. insha Allah

Creative

Start on a "People’s History of Somalia", an idea I have had in the works for some time. insha Allah

Education

Pursue a course in Somali literature, with emphasis on poetry..

Family

Be a better father to my daughter insha Allah.

Financial

Have that personal freedom that comes with running ones own business in the near future insha Allah.

Physical

Eat healthier food, exercise more and rest adequately as I enter the 30s. Insha Allah

Hobbies and Recreation

Looking forward to the world cup, make the Hajj Pilgrimage with my mother, and a visit to the motherland after 25 years of exile. insha Allah

STOIC   

The world we live in is a very complicated place.For someone to form a view of the world as a basis for decisions I think one has to simplify things.I'd try to simplify my goals (as Reality does play a big role in our lives and it is unpredictable)

Career: Career: Open my own practice

Community Service

Teach a class or build a school in Somaliland or even contribute financially (This is my wife dream just playing a supportive role)

Creative

Improve my hand skills.

Education

No more schooling time to make the paper!

Family

Make the wifey download little brats IA

Financial

Work few years as an associate and open my own place.I hate working for someone.Pay off student loans!

Physical

I will be in my thirties in the next decade.I have decided to do everyday a cardio...I do thirty minutes on the treadmill everyday now, but I'm looking forward to do more

Hobbies and Recreation

Both me and the wife love travelling.IA we will do more of this whenever time permits!

Salam all,

This is a good topic....I myself could also say that at the beginning of the millennium I set my self some goals and looking back at them now I can comfortably say that I have achieved the all with the help of the All Mighty Allah s.w.t.

Career

Im in a profession that I enjoy a lot - education

Community Service

When it come to the community I try my best to put something back in the community by volunteering some of my spare time to help others

Education.

Alhamdulilah achieved a 2:1 at undergraduate and then a PGCE and currently doing an MA.

Family

Alhamduliliah 2 point 4 children

Financial

financially stable and not in a rush to earn more. however, one day I would love to build an orphanage centre in my home town Burco.

Physical

Eat less chocolate..

Wa'salaam

Haatu   

Career

Finally complete my course and become a Dentist.

Community Service

Contribute more to my local Mosque and help with events.

Creative

Would love to go to somewhere beautiful and paint till my hand drops off.

Education

Complete Uni with good score.

Family

Get one. Stay good to current one.

Financial

Pay off student loan. Become my own boss.

Physical

Start going to the gym more often.

Hobbies and Recreation

Play more football, badmington, tennis, basketball and swim more.

IA to all of the above.