Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

IT MAYBE THE CARLING CUP BUT...

Carling Cup: Semi-final draw in full

Middlesbrough's reward for beating Tottenham in the Carling Cup quarter-final is another trip to north London after they were paired with Arsenal in the draw for the last four.

The Teessiders prevailed in penalty shoot-out at White Hart Lane after the first 90 minutes and extra-time ended with the scores at 1-1.

Defender Frank Queudrue emerged as Boro's unlikely hero after Spurs' Mauricio Taricco had struck the post with the first of the sudden-death kicks.

Aston Villa, meanwhile, will play Bolton in the other semi-final after putting out an almost second-string Chelsea side thanks to goals from the excellent Juan Pablo Angel and Gavin McCann.

They came either side of a Joe Cole equaliser for the Stamford Bridge side, who made seven changes from their Premiership outing at the weekend.

Villa might have been happy just to avoid Arsenal, who have advanced to the semis by fielding large numbers of reserve-team players.

But goalkeeper Thomas Sorensen told Sky Sports: 'We'd have taken any team. We had a 1-1 draw with them at Villa Park earlier in season - but it's a semi-final and anything can happen.

lol yeah i guess ur youth team (that the thief) :D has assembled from the four corners of the earth pefromed well for 2 games, good luck :D .

Roma's Future has arrived, we have a poor squad compared to the likes of inter Juve and Milan so we have blooded our great youngsters with spectular results.

Now we have Mancini (23 yrs) Cassano (21) Pellizoli (21) De Rossi (20) not to mention De' Agsotino (rember where u first heard the name) all regular first team members not tomention Full Internationals. And we,like your selfs have a few more out on loan.

I like to see talent come through so lets see if Roma's Young Guns cant come against your players next year :( that would be great.

Oooh Lalaaaa is all I can say....somehow your so called guns cant even come close the our young Gooners...who fire on all cylinders....Imagine just what it would be like for them to knock out the likes of Middlesborough and whoever gets in there way. Imagine also winning your first trophy at 16 etc...man OO man.....what afuture

Baaniyal   

Shaqsii our youth are ok at best,no one really impresses me except maybe Aliadiere and Fabregas(16) years old. Don't forget they had the guidance of highly established veterans like Kanu,Wiltord(shit) and Veira. West Brom outplayed us for the whole game,and were unfortunate not get a few penalties. This was one of those games were we rode our luck and took our two chances.

Shujui did Mancini already get called up for the Brazilian international team? I don't mean the B team either. I have admit he is the sole reason why Roma are doing so well this season,especially in comparison to that over hyped panzie Totti,lol.

lol Baay just keep digging your grave deeper, as sure as day follows night, arsenal and the over hyped nike contracted premadoner henry will capitulate again. You wanna wager you willfail at teh next stage? well......

Yeah Mancini is being touted by even Cafu to replace him in the national squad, he is a great player.

lol you do well to mix an attack with a compliment bro but am the master.

Totti has already scored 10 goals from all over the field Midfield in all competitions, inc 7 in seria, as well as setting up 8 goals and yet you attack him lol you joker. Henry in 11 starts with Juve scored 2 goals Inc a defleccted effort and packed his bagg and run way rtaher than prove himself after witnessing how tough the league is.

Let me pin my Badge again nice and Cleary so you fish and chips lads can see :cool: TOTTI IS A BILLION TIMES BETTER THAN DONKEY HNERY. The premiershit can never compare to Seria A.

And for good measure Juve will win the Champions league

Baniyaal you forgot to mention Glitchy who would perhaps be better than even the versatile Cole. This kids are young but they all could easily slot into the likes of Roma, Barcelona and ofcouse midtable teams like Liverpool :D

I find it hard to believe when Shujui cant believe what some of the best Players in the world say about Arsenal. Its true we havent yet won the European championship but one cannot doubt the makings of agreat team under agreat manager.

Waryaa Baniyaal sorry to say this but everytime I see your teeth I kinda get scared ....kinda on per with jeeepers smile.gif

Polanyi   

Actually, Wiltord was a very good striker and a good squad player. He fitted in well with the that crop of players. Arsenal have been going downhill ever since Arsene thought he could get rid of all the older players and replace them with youth. You need youth plus experience to win the league. I sincerely hope Arsene reliases that before Jack wilshire grows facial hair.

Haatu   

^ lol @facial hair. :D

War look at Arsenal's financial situation now compared to Man U's, Liverpool's and Chelski's. Arsene knew they were going to build a new stadium and those players were getting old. Instead of taking out enormous loans to finance new players, he looked to the youth instead with great results. Today Liverpool is fading, United are on the brink and have lost "ambition" and a near retirment Chelsea are gonna realise soon that the Russian isn't gonna bank roll them forever. And who's left, a talented Arsenal squad challenging the likes of Inter, Real and Barca with a sustainable youth system providing talent on the cheap. That my friend, is Arsene's master plan.

Oz   

^ ^ ^ your analysis are a little off their yaa haatu. :D I fully agree with polanyi.