Sign in to follow this  
Rokko

Somali Father accused of killing his daughter....

Rokko   

This is really sad and after reading it have to share with you, those who didn't hear it before. It's really crazzy and only Allah knows what happened but hope he didn't do it.

St. Paul dad's murder defense points to 2-year-old

Tony Kennedy, Star Tribune

Published November 1, 2003 BABY01

A jealous 2-year-old battered his infant sister so badly that it left her vulnerable to death when her father tripped in their St. Paul apartment and dropped her last November, Said Moussa Gouleed's lawyer said Friday, the first day of Gouleed's murder trial.

Six-week-old Faduma Moussa Gouleed died from the accidental fall, not from a beating by her father, lawyer Eric Olson said.

The attorney said a public health nurse who served the family was aware of the 2-year-old's violence, which included spitting, sitting on her and possible biting. Faduma's mother made four doctor's visits with her infant, concerned about vomiting and shaking bouts the baby was having. Olson said care-givers dismissed the concerns as "parental anxiety" and never looked closely at Faduma, or X-rayed her.

An autopsy disclosed evidence that the baby had been repeatedly injured before her death, including several broken bones and a previous skull fracture. Olson said pre-existing injuries inflicted by her brother, coupled with the accidental fall by her father, resulted in her death.

Prosecutor Jill Gerber told jurors that it wasn't an accident.

"This isn't 'Oops, I slipped and dropped the baby,' " Gerber said. "This is child abuse in its most extreme form."

Gerber said paramedics and emergency doctors were immediately suspicious of Gouleed because the baby had head injuries too severe to jibe with his story that he dropped her on the carpeting and watched her bounce off the wall, Gerber said.

The prosecutor didn't offer a motive for the alleged killing, but she said crime scene investigators and paramedics will testify about Gouleed's unusual behavior. He never called for an ambulance, didn't accompany his wife and baby to the hospital and took a nap immediately after his wife phoned from the hospital to say that Faduma was dead, the prosecutor said.

Gerber said Gouleed, a native of Somalia who was working in the Twin Cities for a car rental company, was home alone with Faduma and her 2-year-old brother, Mohammed, when the baby suffered her fatal injuries. The mother called for an ambulance upon coming home and finding Faduma not breathing, in her father's arms.

The trial in front of Ramsey County District Judge Gary Bastian got off to a delayed start because one of 14 jurors chosen for the case didn't show up Friday morning as instructed. With 14 jurors on a panel, there are two alternates.

"He'll have to deal with me if we find him or he shows up," Bastian said in court.

By mid-afternoon, "juror No. 7" was in custody, arrested at home on a warrant signed by Bastian. The judge said he would let the juror sit in a cell for a while before deciding what's next.

Bastian set Monday for the start of testimony in the case and said the trial probably will take at least a week.

ZOLA   

SAD STORY.....HE LIVED IN THE AREA WHERE I LIVE..I CANT BELIEVE ITS ALMOST A YR SINCE THIS INCIDENT TOOK PLACE..

A.A

Xafsa   

He never called for an ambulance, didn't accompany his wife and baby to the hospital and took a nap immediately after his wife phoned from the hospital to say that Faduma was dead,

What the.....?!!!! :mad:

Flying Still...I was also fixated on that part...and how could a two year old inflict previous injuries such as broken bones? I'm not buying the father's story.....but innocent until proven guilty right?

Flying still i second the " What the.... :mad:

I think the mother and father should both be in jail. Her for staying around with a men like that..and him ...(do i really need to say why?)

for the child..the story is really sad :(

may she rest in peace.

but for the parents....i say jail time :mad:

nafta   

really weird..this one..its like these court dramas that got you thinkin like 'is he guilty or not'...

but the again i wouldnt be too surprised if he did take nap on finding out his daughter has passed....somali ppl think in weird ways

Macalin   

Marqaan aa mootiyay xanuunki cunugtiisa day hee

Yaa Gafuurka fujiyaa ninkaas!).who knows laakin gaaladan cunug haa la ilaaliyo intee lehyin aa balo qasantay!

OG Moti   

Ramadan kariiim first

second i am amazed by you guys, i mean you start to talk like westerns ... specially americans making theories on everything, the girl dead "Allah unxariisto", her father like any other somali father never hold a baby or know how to hold, so de dropped her, again he did not call for the ambulance cause somalis dont even know it is neccessary to call ambulance when something happens, the brother on the other hand is a young criminal i know that type of kids .. it is devil on earth, but the problem if u try to beat him up to plant the sense of respect to his little sister again u will be in jail for child abuse... it is all $hit, pack you bags and go home guys....

The father is a Somali, and a lot of Somali men have do not see passion and care is part of life they think it is weakness that is why he took a nap.... he loves his daughter but he dropped her.. it happpens that is how he feels about it, and as being somali and knowing my people, i dont see any crime there and i belive no somali man would and could ever be child abuser, we love our children but just dont show the feelings.... peace

Xafsa   

I think the mother and father should both be in jail. Her for staying around with a men like that..and him ...(do i really need to say why?)

Agreed...The father needs in miyirka loo toosiyo!!

Motherlover!!!

YO I THINK ITS TRUE THAT HE KILL THE BABY FOR REAL.BECAUSE THE REASON AM SAYING THIS IS OUR PEOPLE MESS THE UP THIS DAYS AND MOST OF THEM ARE DRUNK AND THEY DONT HAVE LIFE SHAWTY.

WHEN YOU DRUNK YOU ARE IN ANOTHER WORLD AND I THINK THAT IS THE ONLY THING IT CAN BE TRUE.

PEACE YALL