Sign in to follow this  
Decadent Ambition

Tolka

Malika   

^There is a difference,the money asked of female relatives tend to be for living expenses rather then for maagta or xaal.That responsiblity lies solely on men in the family.

Originally posted by Zafir:

Tol la'aan baan aduunkaan imi, la'aan toodna waan noqon doonaa Bi'idni Llaah.

Warkaas waxaa lagu ogyahay dadka tol la'aanta ah. Laan gaab yahow laan gabku dhalay. :D

Waakana Emperor car haa dhaho tol wax mataro. smile.gif:D

Emperor   

^Astaqfurulah, the word 'laangaab' is too strong of an expression waryaa, I call for its censership in SOL's forum.

As for Emperor denouncing his tol, I will never thats assured but I will take the good and fire the bad.

Honestly speaking, tol is part of the Somali culture, it is the core of Somali sociatal building block, no one escape from it and there shouldn't be any reason to try.

Only to demonstrate the importance of the tol, for example if the young Faarax Brown decides to wed a young Somali queen like Malika, in order for this to commence in a happy and blessed manner, her tol would demand for the complete attendance of FB's tol or toss the question "Wiilka tolkiisa yaa nagala jooga otherwise gabadh majirto". In this occassion, FB wouldn't you say that your tol comes to the rescue and is important. Howlaha noocan ah Xiin baa garanaaya oo gabdhaha tolka bixiya tolalka kalena kadoona ee waydii, ask the experts. :D

Zafir   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

quote:Originally posted by Zafir:

Tol la'aan baan aduunkaan imi, la'aan toodna waan noqon doonaa Bi'idni Llaah.

Warkaas waxaa lagu ogyahay dadka tol la'aanta ah. Laan gaab yahow laan gabku dhalay.
:D

Waakana Emperor car haa dhaho tol wax mataro.
smile.gif:D
Laan gaab hadaanan caleendheer ka ahaan laheyn maanta waa laguu yaabi lahaa wiiloow, wiji timo leh yacni far cidi leh ayaad ku fakatay.

Emperor, Hadaan tolka Malika ahaan lahaa, FB gabar ma siisteen. laakiin, caleendheer ahaan wax kasta ayaan siin lahaa istupidhka ilka dhaadheer. :D

Malika   

A young Somali queen Malika aa?[*note to self*; not to miss the facial and body botox session the whole of next month]

Waryareen, iska kaydayaa..my sijui brother FB odyaal naa utagii mayoo,wuxuu utagii islamihii ciida.Sijui wexee isku gartaan,dinacaa hoyo! :Dicon_razz.gif

Wewe mtoto wa mama nani[hoyadhaa yee eheed] uun baa laa isweydiya.

STOIC   

Malika you know why they use the mommy route, right? Back in the days abbo was never home he was always on a business trip or just was away because of his nomadic instinct.The moms were the ones who kept the family together.Tolka was revolved around mom and her friends.Whether they were closing deals every hour on the hour with the neighbour or she was the rulling queen of her residential domain moms were always much visible.It was funny when many young people came to the west it was difficult to tell who your Tolka was until maybe you got help from an older cousin.

Seriously the whole Tolka issue is important; it is a matter of turning inward to focus on the good part that matters to you as a person spiritually and rationally. I honestly believe that Tolka are always there to help you during both the bad and the good times whether it is death in the family or a family is having a marriage ceremony.

PS Malika, don’t worry about the botox.Somali girls are always beautiful, talented, and stylish.This exotic beauty owes a lot to the Somali gene make-up.With a look that is always both pretty and beguilling no one needs botox.You will always be looking every inch of the luminious woman that you are today.I know being a woman isn’t always easy, but sure is a fabuluos thing, right? OK let me stop before I torture you anymore ;)

PSS Ceyro, I suspected you were my Tolka courtesy of Political section :D

peasant   

tol is useless and if people were very individualistic then i think we would be in better position than we are today in somalia. This tol thing is what breeds corruption and disorder in society and if people would not go beyond their nuclear and immediate family our situation would be lesser or better. A somali is first loyal for his tol and then the country comes next and etc.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

The worst thing they can say about me is that I do not mix with them that much but then again I'm sure you'd have done the same thing if you were in my shoes and had some from Ethiopia who carry tons of swagger and constantly argue just about anything and everything and then there are those from Kenya who distant themselves from anything and everything about Somali and then there are those from Bari (my favourite...because most of them are loaded...lol) with their typical "Boowe beryahaan laguma arag" :D

Alxamdulillaah we get along just fine just like I get along with any other Somali...tol or no tol and if they need anything from me then I help out in whatever way I can so one day I hope to get offered to the hand of the prettiest lady of the tolka in marriage. :D

As a Somali the tolka play a big part in our daily lives regardless whether we like it or not so we should try to be as tolerant as humanly possible towards them and hope they would do the same for you.

Peace, Love & Unity.