Che -Guevara

Horrific details of violent unrest in Ethiopia

“My son died the worst kind of death — even criminals don’t deserve this sort of cruelty,” Dereje said. “It troubles me every day.”

MG.CO.ZA

Eyewitness accounts emerge of the violence that left 239 people dead after the assassination of singer Hachalu Hundessa

Residents of Dera who spoke to the M&G claimed that the regional Oromia Special Police Force did not intervene to stop the violence. According to another survivor, at least 150 members of the force were housed at Dera’s stadium, minutes away, as the carnage unfolded.

“We kept calling them and begging them to help,” he said. “They told us that without orders, they couldn’t get involved. They saw the fires and the fleeing people and stayed put.”

The Amharas living in Oromia are not getting the picture.  The Oromo are ethnically cleansing their region. They did this to Somalis who lived among them for decades or centuries, Somalis who don't even speak Somali. 

The regional police unit was founded less than a year ago, and saw its latest recruits graduate in March, to much fanfare. The force reportedly took over the town shortly after the attackers had left.

It seems the attacks are coordinated,

Another man, also sheltering in the church, said: “The killers moved from home to home. They knew their targets and they were quick and methodical with the way they poured gasoline over properties. Nobody in town recognised any of them. They aren’t from the area, but someone from here must have guided them.”

The Oromo are doing what Croats did to the Serbs of Croatia., They were able to create an entirely pure Croat Croatia  They tried to do the same thing in Bosnia but Clinton interrupted them.

The groups least prepared for this horrific destiny are the Somalis and nations in the southern region. I know Abiy was no good when he watched (Lemma Margesa endorsed) the mass ethnic cleansing of Somalis.

And Abtigiis is not prepared either. In fact, I would not be surprised if Somaligalbeed splinters once Ethiopia splinters.  

• Thanks 1

Oodweyne,

I gave on him when he did nothing for IDPs camped outside Jigjiga. The fact that he dissolved the regional party without any consultation (not that they had real power before) so he could join the Abiy's so-called Prosperity was even more telling.

• Like 1

guys, Ethiopia is going to collapse, and will collapse BIG.

No idea what Abtigiis is planing, contingency, Have to have a somali army, so no vacuum.