Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

How do u deal with Headaches when Fasting in Ramadan?

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Just wanna know how some of you nomads

deal with Headaches as a result of the fasting

in Ramadan

and No, Advil won't do cause u can't take anything

when fasting.

I didn't believe that people did get this

headaches untill I got it yesterday

and its starting to rehash itself today.

Fi Amanallah

Rahima   

In the book by Imam ibn Al-Qayim Al-Jawziyah, Healing with the medicine of the prophet (s.c.w) it states that:

Headaches could be relieved by vomiting, eating (which you can't), being calm and idle, using cold rags, cooling the body, elevating the temperature, avoiding noise etc.

Knowing these facts, we should mention that treating headaches with Henna is partial and that it treats some headaches. If the headache is caused by high fever and not a spoiled substance that requires extraction. Henna helps soothe the headache somewhat. Crushed Henna blended with vinegar and applied to the forehead will relieve the headache.

I’ve never tried it, but it might help. May Allah give you relief from it.

smile.gif

Salaan...

Originally posted by Rahima:

Headaches could be relieved by vomiting, eating (which you can't), being calm and idle, using cold rags, cooling the body, elevating the temperature, avoiding noise...

These are basic commonsense remedies that alleviate headaches. I know, I do. Especially forcing myself to deliberately have throw-ups that sometimes my stomach has nothing left; in that case, I eat as little as I could in order again to vomit because it hugely relieves in the next moments. I thought it was a secret remedy of mine. orangebiggrin.gif

Heey, Kheyr, Ilaahey haku caafiyo, teeda kalena haduu si xanuun madaxa lagaaga qabto always keep in mind waa qaleen kartaa soonkaaga oo hadhoow aa gadaal ka gudee. Ilaahey caadil waaye, adoomadiis ma dhibo.

Soon Wanaagsan.

zak99   

hello,

now this works really. i never take no headache medince.

just wear tennis bandana or tie a massar around your head. leave it for 20 minutes. it stops from blood rushing to your head which causes headaches. dont tie it to hard, just enough to give you a nice tightness.

ScarFace   

KHAYR SISTER HOPE DIS HELPS

When Ramadan occurs in the winter people whose jobs require them to work outdoors should wear additional layers of clothing. Being mindful of the fact that they will not be able to drink warm liquids during the day to aid in increasing their body temperature.

Caffeine withdrawal is the most common cause of tension headaches. Gradually reduce your caffeine intake two weeks before Ramadan. Have one strong cup of coffee at Sahuur. Other factors associated with headaches include lack of sleep, low blood sugar, and dehydration.

We pray that this information will be of some benefit to you during the Holy Month of Ramadan. May Allah accept our fast. Ameen.

the headaches are caused by having low blood glucose levels, since you havent eaten ur body is tellin u, get on with it n start munchin. unless ur hypoglycemic i think this phase will pass after couple of days, just maker sure u eat a very good suhur.

Curly   

I had a really bad headache today, but I usually take paracetamol before it gets so bad that I feel like throwing up...but I read today in an Islamic bok about fasting that inducing vomiting while fasting actually breaks your fast.

So I just had to ride it out till Iftar, but I find trying to forget about it by making yourself busy acutally works.

salaam khayr

nice advice guys....i like the natural remedies,,,,

but im a wimp i get migraines and tension headaches without Ramadan being the cause, sometimes the headaches are too bad that u just cant take the hours it takes natural remedies to work ...

like u said, u cant take oral medicine to releive the pain, here in the UK, there is a headache relieve roll on, that you rub/roll over your 4head, (its callled '4HEAD') it really does help....if the pains too bad,,,,try it out...or look for somin similar in whatever country u is in....lil kids have a strip that they stick to their 4heads, try and see if u could find somin similar...

to those of u that induce vomit,,,,,akhaaas, ramadan or not, thats sick. take the daaamn painkiller.

*inducing vomit, could cause the acid in your stomoach to erode your asophagus, in other words many years of induced vomit can seriously damage your throat.

*inducing vomit weakens your stomach and throat muscles, so that later on in life, u will not be able to control your vomit, vomitting will just become another reflex.

Senora   

*inducing vomit weakens your stomach and throat muscles, so that later on in life, u will not be able to control your vomit, vomitting will just become another reflex.

speaking on behalf of my experiences, this is very true....so i wouldnt reccommend that you take this route....but reiterating on what Rahima said, the "mixing of the Henna with the vinegar"( the old school method), has been suuccessfull for my mother and I, ( however I should mention that we substitued the vinegar with olive oil)....I hope this works out for you....