gooni

Qalbi iyo Gacmo Furan Kusoo Dhawaada.

The young man has a point. The building of better sports facilities is needed. However, Somaliland's needs are many, and there are much bigger priorities that require more urgent attention.

Let the misguided fools down south build a stadium in the middle of a city where it's citizens are being massacred left right and center. Let them repaint a wall where destruction and abject poverty reign supreme.

The challenges of Somaliland and Somalia are similar if not the same. The difference is in what you do with the little resources you have. We build, where they cheerlead.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Tallaabo   
On 7/10/2020 at 3:51 PM, Timacaddeh said:

The young man has a point. The building of better sports facilities is needed. However, Somaliland's needs are many, and there are much bigger priorities that require more urgent attention.

Let the misguided fools down south build a stadium in the middle of a city where it's citizens are being massacred left right and center. Let them repaint a wall where destruction and abject poverty reign supreme.

The challenges of Somaliland and Somalia are similar if not the same. The difference is in what you do with the little resources you have. We build, where they cheerlead.

Actually it is not a lack of facilities which our youth is complaining about but the lack of the competitive games they were used to having annually. The government should resume the annual inter-state games which were stopped due to out of control rivalry between certain segments of the country. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Tallaabo said:

Actually it is not a lack of facilities which our youth is complaining about but the lack of the competitive games they were used to having annually. The government should resume the annual inter-state games which were stopped due to out of control rivalry between certain segments of the country. 

You're right, that was an assumption on my part due to the speaker referencing the Muqdisho stadium. Providing the government beef up security, I think resuming those games is the right call. If they don't progress to violence, those rivalries are not a bad thing.

Duufaan   
On 7/10/2020 at 10:20 AM, gooni said:

Nothing really changed for centuries. Unmarried women, and youth were leaving these regions for centuries. Ironically the only good time for the youth unemployment  has been the 30 years they were under Somalia. 

Somaliland has lowest birth rate in Somalia because of economic issue, next to Jabuuti 2.5 rate

Somaliland has highest malnutrition according to UN

Somaliland has highest inflation

Somaliland has urbanition with 80% of population in Hargeysa, Burco and Berbera.

No farming, No industries,  no fishing  and few livestock unlike the rest of Somalia. Where is job will come from when everyone is in narrow streets of Hargeysa + khat addiction.

Real problems, simple the next Jabuuti.

Oodweyne   

^^^^

Cheap argument from top to bottom. But, then, again, a "Neo-Faqash waffling chancer" like you will come up with that sort of silly argument. Or could be relied on to do so.

However, what is especially tendentious waffle in the extreme in here, is the fact you think the youth in Somaliland really had it good when Somaliland was under the military Occupation of your Uncle Afweyne.

Perhaps, your ilk had it good, or were spoon-fed with the ill-gotten loot of the old Republic, and therefore you thought everyone else was also in the "lucky charm circle" in which you lot were in back then.

Eh, mate, is that the totality, or even some of your silly assertions?

Moreover, now that we going to be getting a real investment by Taiwanese companies, not the same old make-believe ones from some International NGOs, you will see in a few year's time, the sheer change of scenery in Somaliland.

More to the point, the place you are advertising to us in here, namely in Somalia, is the same place in which her army chief of staff had almost found himself being blown off as of this morning. Hence, you can really shove that specious political advertisement of yours in the part of your body where the sun doesn't shine through from it.

And finally, in case you haven't noticed it, but Somalia is the same old place in which its government can't seem to provide a security so that her own freaking citizens can then live off their own sweat because of that insecurity. Which in turn means it's a government that can't guarantee its folks to live freely. And that, my friend, is not a place that you should really be parading its sordid and failed name before others, really. 

25 minutes ago, Duufaan said:

Somaliland has lowest birth rate in Somalia because of economic issue, next to Jabuuti 2.5 rate

Somaliland has highest malnutrition according to UN

Somaliland has highest inflation

Somaliland has urbanition with 80% of population in Hargeysa, Burco and Berbera.

I don't believe any of the above, all of your stats look to be made up. Where are you pulling this data from? links please.

Duufaan   

I am guessing, you are new. You can find a lot of information here in this forum. 

16 minutes ago, Duufaan said:

I am guessing, you are new. You can find a lot of information here in this forum. 

This has nothing to do with being new or old. I'm calling bullshit on your data.

Duufaan   
29 minutes ago, Timacaddeh said:

This has nothing to do with being new or old. I'm calling bullshit on your data.

Do not worry, you seem old enough to know few things already

Birthrate?

Jabuuti is next to Somaliland, just use an example + Urbanization +Unemployment +Tradition + cost of living in Hargeysa. Right, all are connected. 

malnutrition ?

If you prefer NGO  and UN reports, there has been number of reports, even posted and debated here. Somaliland has lowest livestock numbers and there is no farming and fishing culture + Khat cost.

inflation?

A  small watermelon cost between 3-5 dollar in Hargeysa. I paid 1.5 dollar a quarter of watermelon in Hargeysa. In united states the big one  is between 3-6 dollar.

urbanization in Somalialnd?

Even small villages between the big cities are empty

History of youth immigration and unemployment?

Berbera has enough traders already, somaliland needs to place its energy to something else before it is too late.

7 minutes ago, Duufaan said:

Do not worry, you seem old enough to know few things already

Birthrate?

Jabuuti is next to Somaliland, just use an example + Urbanization +Unemployment +Tradition + cost of living in Hargeysa. Right, all are connected. 

malnutrition ?

If you prefer NGO  and UN reports, there has been number of reports, even posted and debated here. Somaliland has lowest livestock numbers and there is no farming and fishing culture + Khat cost.

inflation?

A  small watermelon cost between 3-5 dollar in Hargeysa. I paid 1.5 dollar a quarter of watermelon in Hargeysa. In united states the big one  is between 3-6 dollar.

urbanization in Somalialnd?

Even small villages between the big cities are empty

History of youth immigration and unemployment?

Berbera has enough traders already, somaliland needs to place its energy to something else before it is too late.

In other words, it is your own manufactured data without a shred of supporting evidence. Thanks for confirming that you essentially made it up.

Oodweyne   

Duufaan,

Not good enough to pull things from your backside, mate, and say here is data about things in general and Somaliland in particular.

You probably have been to one of those colleges in the land of Uncles Sam (US). And I am sure of it that a passing lecturers there must have mentioned to you the need to both foreground and to back it up as a reference a real and "well-sourced citation", of any of the argument in which you may present.

Especially, that should be the case, if your argument is based on a statistically argued and comparative indices of the social and economical condition of a place in which you are examining it. Which is the kind of argument you want to peddle to us in here.

Got the picture now, boyo?

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1