Sign in to follow this  
Raxmah

What yall thing about HIJAB?

Raxmah   

What do you see when you look at me?

Do you see someone limited, or someone free?

All some people can do is just look and stare,

Simply because they can't see my hair.

Others think I am controlled and uneducated.

They think that I am limited and not liberated,

They are so thankful that they are not me,

Because they would like to remain 'free'.

Well free isn't exactly the word I would've used,

Describing women who are cheated on and abused.

They think that I do not have opinions or a voice

They think that being hooded isn't my choice,

They think that the hood makes me look caged, That my husband or dad are totally outraged,

All they can do is look at me in fear,

And in my eye there is a tear.

Not because I have been stared at or made fun of,

But because people are ignoring the One up above.

On the day of judgment they will be the fools,

Because they were too ashamed to play by their own rules.

Maybe the guys won't think I am a cutie,

But at least I am filled with more inner beauty.

See I have declined from being a guy's toy,

Because I won't let myself be controlled by a boy

Real men are able to appreciate my mind,

And aren't busy looking at my behind.

Hooded girls are the ones really helping the Muslim cause, The role that we play definitely deserves applause. I will be recognized because I am smart and bright,

And because some people are inspired by my sight.

The smart ones are attracted by my tranquility, In the back of their mind, they wish they were me

We have the strength to do what we think is right

Even if it means putting up a life long fight.

You see we are not controlled by a mini skirt and

tight shirt, We are given only respect, and never treated like dirt.

So you see, we are the ones that are free and

liberated, We are not the ones that are sexually terrorized and violated.

We are the ones that are free and pure,

We're free of STD's that have no cure,

So when people ask you how you feel about the hood. Just sum it up by saying 'baby its all good'

OG Moti   

Hijab is beautiful, yet i beleive it is a matter of choice, and girls always look for attractive in Hijab, anyway Hijab would also force others to respect you and take no advantage of u, they will not kugudagdag, and i always sense convidence from Hijabed girls... peace

Salaam all ...I think it's WOWOW :eek: when girl has Hijab on ..MOTI bro i like ur somali with english ...mac mac 4 u and lot's love 4 others nice topic Raxmah keep up sis

hijab! my 2 cents about it>

its a arabian tradition. which is good, do u know why! cuz it save alot ladies there! and here is the reason.

i mean these guys do nothing but think about noky noky all day!so they decide to cover their women which is a natural logic! if u got punch of horny dudes lose, u will take action to cover females.

so unless u is an arab, i dont understand why u worried about it!!

miss abuser you mac hit me by accident! plz face your computer to the right direction! thx

its a arabian tradition

:rolleyes:

so unless u is an arab, i dont understand why u worried about it!!

are u serious?? Allah (swt) commanded us in the qurn to cover ourselves.. its not only 4 arabs!

Abdinuur   

Baby it's all good!

Women wearing their Hijab are the most beautiful, the most modest creatures on the face of the earth...that is...if she's sincere about wearing it and being honest to herself.

It's rare to see a Somali sista whose into Hijab these days cuzz of how the world has evolved in the past century and all the drama that people produced.

I admire sistas who are attached to their DIINUL-ISLAM and doing their thing...school, work, marriage ect.

Wear your hijab girl... ;)

OG Moti   

rudy correction Hijab is not arab tradition it is Islamic tradition and it is beautiful...so bro think again by the way rudy ur posts are cool bro keep it up .. peace

Xalimo7   

I hear a story not long ago, mosttly veils are worn by Men in Arab society, i don't know if it is true or not, but that is what i was told, so next time you see a veil make sure u don't imagine things. Hmmmm

bilan   

salaam

well i think that hijab is not matter of choice,but it is mandotary to all muslim women,i say it is not matter of choice because this verse in ahzab[36] "It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger, to have any option about their decision: if anyone disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path". and rudy hijab has nothing to do with arab, Allah ordered all women from the time of the prophet till the end of this world to cover.

ZOLA   

good one raxmah..read that piece somewhere before.

like bulo sd.. hijab is not a matter of choice but its mandotary to all muslim women ...i know 1 day i will wear the hijab insha-allah ...i just dont know when but hope soon insha-allah.

A.A

Originally posted by OG_Moti:

rudy correction Hijab is not arab tradition it is Islamic tradition and it is beautiful...so bro think again by the way rudy ur posts are cool bro keep it up .. peace

can u direct to me where it says in the koran to do that bro! from what i understand this is a wahaabi tradition!

we in malia r basically hanfiy. i remember many yrs, no one use to wear hijab in maliland and i mean all the way from from 1900 to 1980s. as kid in xamar, i remember no such thing as hijab existed! so why now? well, its cuz of saudia arabia funded imaams spreading their type of vision of islam. so we pick this stuff u[ in the supper-namad arena! in the after flight 13th period! special in the west! i mean if u live in arabia, its a forgiven conclusion!

if u see their theory, i guess, u scbscribe to multi-wife stuff! lol! this last word just 4 u bro!

NinBrown   

When women wera hijab it looks good on them and also it gives women respect.

Most somali guys when they see a woman wearing hijab they dont trespass her..and they give her more respect that non hijab wearer.

The above statement what we see in daily life.

but the facts are

1)hijab is not optional its conditional

2)its in the quran suratul ahzab..ayat 59

'33:59 O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful'.

rudy over 95% of Islam is facts from Quran and hadith...now go and check that ayat.

dont ever bring the islamic religion into despute in your discussions. what you beleive and what the is in the quran and hadith might be different.

there ppl in this forum who might not be knowlegeable about such matters and for you to confuse them with such comments is treacherous.

So i ask you PLEASE dont bring islam into disrepute

bilan   

salaam

rudy all the four imaams, all muslim scholars and from the prophet's time till now, no one ever doubted that the hijab is mandatory,people were always debating whether the niqab is sunna or fard, but not the hijab, nino_brownalready gave you a verse and here is another one [31] And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husbands' fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss. bro scholars said that if someone drinks alcohol, or do not wear hijab they are still muslims, but if someone says that alcohol is halal or hijab is not mandatory then thay can be considered they are out of islam, because you can not believe half of the quran and reject the other half, that is what the jews wanted and it was rejected, so before you say this is wahabi or arab read the quran.

OG Moti   

Rudy brother.... mashaAllah sister OG_girl gave u the Ayat in the Quran, og-girl jazakalaH kheyran inshaAllah... peace