Sign in to follow this  
Lidia

Heavy metal music

Lidia   

Hi guys, I hope everyone is doing well.

I would like to ask you if listening to heavy metal music during ramadhan is haram? For example the music of, Bullring Brummies, sepultura, Type o Negative, corrosion of conformity, etc.

The reason I asked you this question is because, I listen to these kinds of music, it helps be focus when i study, but now I feel guilty because some of the songs are about...well darkness and Satan.

Thanks,

Lidia

Originally posted by Lidia:

The reason I asked you this question is because, I listen to these kinds of music, it helps be focus when i study, but now I feel guilty because some of the songs are about...well darkness and Satan.

Heavy metal rock helps you study? I find that interesting, most ppl usually listen to something less loud like classic music or whatever.

Lidia   

Hello Socod_badne smile.gif ,

The reason I said that, is because the loudness of the music keeps me awake and energized and therefore, more alert and focused...if I listen to classical music I’d fall asleep, I guess different people have different methods.

ALexus,

What harm is there in music? I figure that it's just noise and that it doesn't have any weight, but than agian i could be wrong.

But, back to my general question, why would it be haram? Can you please explain more about this?

Thanks!

Hey lidia, how goes?

first i cant imagine why it would be xaram, it maybe distastefull for some, but its basically artistic liberty. These guys are aiming to shock what they see as the 'social norm' and its not much of a shock at that. I'm sure you could think of much much worse things and actions that actually affect peoples lives, other than guys with big beards and guitars shouting and jumping up and down ....

however if it still bothers you, old-school i know but i can recommend:

- Rage against the machine

- The clash

- Living colour

- hendrix

- Skunk Anansie

- The Smashing Pumpkins

- Sonic youth ..

- nirvana

- led zepalin

- the who

and so on for loud guitars and non-offensive to religious creed music, g'luck with your studies

Nazra   

This gives me a reason to change my aviator. :D

It’s like when some chick buys the same skirt as you. :mad:

I kind of have the same problem. My mum has forbidden rock / heavy metal music during Ramadan, because it drives her crazy and she thinks it's evil. But I think it's the loudness that's bothering her and the shouting, rather than the lyrics (which she can't make out anyway). But when I listen to ballads it's suddenly okay.

But granted, I don't listen to death metal and generally anything with satanic overtones (meaning anything that seems to be fascinated by Satan rather than something that serves as an allegory). Death metal is rarely intelligent in my opinion, and values shock-value over emotional impact. To be honest, Satanism reminds me of pretentious angsty suburbian teenage goths who cut themselves for attention. You get them a lot in my uni.

Anyway, I'm not here to pronounce judgement, but anything glorifying Satan during Ramadan (or any other time really) seems a bit tricky to me. But as for haraam and halaal, that's not my place to say.

Personally, I'm trying not to listen to music during Ramadan, which is a bit difficult I admit, but I'm getting there hopefully. Might give my eardrums a bit of a rest too. :D

Walaahi Lidia is so funny.

She is as funny as her aviator! by the way, please don't listen music, make sure to remain cognizent by listening from Allah's words, which is the Quran. I hope, after practicing that, you will find great energy in keeping yourself awake and energetic. People who listen to the Quran are always focused in what they do and seem tireless in their efforts to excell at everything. Music doesn't give the person real energy, it gives headache by first reinvigorating the nervious system, which then will leave after-math effects of bad memory and slowness in brain activity. That is the truth, indeed, according to some early studies I've made on Music Effects in the behaviorial changes. But I personally appreciate your frankness for seeking brotherly advices to this issue that worried your religious and sound heart. Masha-allah. Go ahead sister, and at least experiment my take and report me if any difference takes place.

Thanks

Lidia   

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

Walaahi Lidia is so funny.

She is as funny as her aviator! by the way, please don't listen music, make sure to remain cognizent by listening from Allah's words, which is the Quran. I hope, after practicing that, you will find great energy in keeping yourself awake and energetic. People who listen to the Quran are always focused in what they do and seem tireless in their efforts to excell at everything. Music doesn't give the person real energy, it gives headache by first reinvigorating the nervious system, which then will leave after-math effects of bad memory and slowness in brain activity. That is the truth, indeed, according to some early studies I've made on Music Effects in the behaviorial changes. But I personally appreciate your frankness for seeking brotherly advices to this issue that worried your religious and sound heart. Masha-allah. Go ahead sister, and at least experiment my take and report me if any difference takes place.

Thanks

Lol, yeah bro, it all kind of hit me late last night, I was studying for this class and I was listening to type o negative's song "black Sabbath" when from the noise I heard, "worship the son, worship no one, aaaaaaah Satanus", I was like, hey this is really not good specially during the holy month of Ramadan, acuudibilaah.

Thought maybe even it might have broken my fasting earlier, i don't know...

Gelle   

You guys listen to heavy Metal? Thats deep wallahi? Me i cant stand that shit! bunch of hairy dudes abusing the mic! naah dude I`ll pas

Anyway Ofcoure waa Xaraan! Ozzy Osbourn no good sis

Lidia, I got you, sister. But problem is that I don't know anything about English/Arabic/African Songs. I know some fragmanted somali songs, that was digested unintentionally during younghood. But I imagine what bounced you back from listening was not that easy. Do you listen Hip-hop songs? I once was told one, and couldn't make any sense of it. They all sing about good cars, nice clothes, and e.t.c.

When it comes to Suugaan, I am for Gabay, even, i don't mind listening from the Jacbur Baraanbur that my sister always sings about. :D

Its realy funny to know about the names of western music sounding more like solid stuff, for instance, Rock music, Metal music, Heavy music, Hard music! Is that because if you listen to those musics you automatically become strong like metal? I find that naive to believe.

Pucca   

heavey metal music? :rolleyes: thats so yesterday dear...perhaps you should check out 'alternative rock' its much softer ...yet still has the edge.

^_^