Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Single-n-Happy: Another Superficial Topic

Jacpher   

Xoogsadoow inamada u dhimri. Goortey jaamacadaha dhameeyaan oo gablanimo dareemaan ayey taladaada dib u jaleeci doonaan.

STOIC   

Prolong singleness exposes the person to all kinds of problems from health related problems to spiritual wellbeing of the person. What the heck did I just said? I am a single guy who doesn’t experience the above traits (or so I think). I personally think Marriage gives a person a sense of meaning and belongings. I have friends who are married and happy. This is not to say anyone who is single is not happy. The only time you could be unhappy single is when you are poor :D . I am big fun of delaying the transition from childhood to adulthood; marriage being the gauge of adulthood. Who wants to have children and a mortgage in their twenties? Now I am not arguing in crossing marriage of the agenda; only a delay tactics. Religiosity played a role in my friend’s decisions of getting married in their twenties and living what seems to be happy lives. They are happy because of religious influence on their marriages. Religions promote a conducive state for marriage. Now I don’t know if this magnitude is across every stable marriage, but I suspect majority of the happy families are ones that have some sort of faith; doesn’t matter what their religion is.Is their any chances that married folks were a previous happy folks?

Janna   

Modesty,

According to our marriage guru; Qacqac

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

...for those of you who are in their 20s living in western countries going to schools or work in these countries.. with out marriage i don't know who u guys would surfive unless u guys bring this bf/gf thing..

Single life leads to an unhappy life full of temptation. Therefore one cannot be single, happy and sin free. Remaining single beyond 24 makes it difficult for someone to enjoy life without a partner. Marriage is very much encouraged in our deen and we should not adapt to the western way of thinking; single and free. Taking pleasure in courtship cannot be pleasant.

Dating is time consuming. Sometimes you appreciate arrange marriages. The product has being searched and found, waiting to be accepted or rejected.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Jimcaale:

Xoogsadoow inamada u dhimri. Goortey jaamacadaha dhameeyaan oo gablanimo dareemaan ayey taladaada dib u jaleeci doonaan.

^ Yaahuu. Even if we end up gablan (god forbid) I'll go start a commune and all the SOL gablan girls can grow old alone together. The UK girls can bring the English tea, and I will bring the peanut butter M&M's and the diet coke. We can all bring our favorite girlie movies, and dart boards with men faces on them. I'll let them name it, and I'm sure Jimcaale's face will be #1 on the board. :D

Janna   

Originally posted by Modesty:

it's better to be happy and single, than miserable and married...I think so.

Why are members associating marriage with unhappiness?

Originally posted by Modesty:

it's better to be happy and single, than miserable and married...I think so.

You're quite wrong young one 'cause one is the loneliest number you'll ever do.

One

Three Dog Night

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

Two can be as bad as one

It's the loneliest number since the number one

No is the saddest experience you'll ever know

Yes, it's the saddest experience you'll ever know

`Cause one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

One is the loneliest number, worse than two

It's just no good anymore since she went away

Now I spend my time just making rhymes of yesterday

One is the loneliest, number one is the loneliest

Number one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

One is the loneliest, one is the loneliest

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

It's just no good anymore since she went away

(Number) One is the loneliest

(Number) One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

(Number) One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

any reason why xalimoos are oppossed with love delibrations all the time!! if u wanna be happy 24/7 either go to desynland or take some drugs. your doctor can provide this...!

life is full of surprises and takes all thru its ups downs.! thats what makes it fun.

all this talk makes believe that there is sinister plan xalimoos are cooking, like building cause to marry the next loser foregner!!

i mean how does 1 come up with the believe that there are no faraaxs that they can chill with!! thats wrong period!! :confused:

Naden   

:D @ Socod Badne.

Originally posted by ALexus-:

Why are members associating marriage with unhappiness?

I blame Dr. Phil. If he keeps showing fat, homely couples clawing each other's eyes out, marriage will be as desirable as a touch of leprosy.

So far, marriage seems like a war-zone that gives you back rolls and funky breath. Unless Dr. Phil shows otherwise, people will say thanks, but no thanks :rolleyes: :D .

Guhaad   

and here i thought Modesty sisters never date. life full of surprises. :D

couple of months ago i posted the now famous "The Single National Anthem" to see how people will respond to a lonely Faraax who has the will but not the means for marriage. their was alot of things i was kinda playing around with at the time. well, everything is got to have a purpose. thuma atbacaa sababaa. my thing was to test alot of different things by simplying posting those long and archerous list of wants and needs, halfs and half-nots. the first thing was to see the perception of how people will percieve someone who wants to get down 'halaal' but lacks some of the financial needs to satisfy that goal. doesn't the quran say that it is better to be with a poor mumin/muminaat than a rich kaafir/kaafirah. i just want to see what some of the intellectual minds in SOL thought of that :D .

The second one was to show how material obsessed we have become over the years. that someone's value is not by virtue of how strong his iman is, or their moral values and principals, and thier manhood, but strickly on what one drives or possesses. the third reason was to show that relationships are mutual. every member must contribute to the cause. not to hijack the thread and to kinda tie it with the topic, i posted that anthem because i wanted to make it clear that marriage requires more thinking and planning than we are accostumed to. marriages should not be done in a hurry. getting it done early might cause it to end abruptly. some faraax over the years have internalized that just because they have Toyota and rent a public housing means they have all the means to get married without having a secure job or really taking the time to think through what they are getting into. the moral of the story is to stay single unless you know you will be better off married than single, look at your watch, if its right, its time. :D

i have seen more happy couples than sad ones in my life. i guess having good friend pays off. afterall, you are your friend.

so guhaad i like what said there! but i am not sure if that will work for many of the somali ppl these days!

well just today i was in the sol chat room and xalimoo came and ask if it was ok to swing with white dude!! i am not sure about yall, but i could never be that brave nuff to come among my ppl and ask that kind of questions...!

now guhaad! matters been that drastic do u want me to be hauled to jail in the middle of the nite by a unstable xalimoos 911 call?

i dont think so! i will stay single till the cows come home!!

:mad:

Xoogsade   

Valenteenah,

Well, I think there are benefits to being single just as there are some benefits to being married. It works for some people and it doesn't for others, much like most things in life. It's a fact that married people envy singletons and vice versa. Grass is always greener on the other side and all. *Ignoring the daydream and highness bits -
Kir mataqaanaa
?*

What are the examples of benefits to being single that one can not find in a married life? Things that make the grass greener on the other side for the married? The benefits of marriage are visible. The ever available company, the intimacy and love, the sacrifice for each other, the children and the legacy one leaves behind if they die afterwards. Unless the marriage has problems and it can't work for the parties, the advantages are obvious.

Being single is not horrible but it is not a status one would like to find himself in perpetuity no matter how good and convinient life is for the person. Human nature calls for company and the warm love of the other halfs. I thank god for creating a woman as best mate for a man :D We as men couldn't ask for a better company.

You don't think our scorn is well deserved, huh? How many married couples do you know? How many are you related to? Don't you look at their lives and their relationships? I know that's what I do, and 70% of the time, I feel the woman settled. I often feel she could do better, and if not, she would certainly be better off raising her children alone. Most of the marriages I have seen are my idea of hell.

I like to see your idea of heavenly marriage ;) Do I have to send you a private pm to know about it? come on, spit it out, that is what I want to know. I know married people including my parents who after thirty years are still in love. They even compete in telling me how one is more fond of the other. I also know about troubled marriages one of which I mediated :D very embarrassing situation when you yourself are not older than the parties disagreeing. No conflict or disagreement can be difficult to solve if the parties are willing to give their marriage a chance. It is human to disagree really and have issues but the best are those who accept their fallibility and work on the difficult issues facing them.

Tell me what is bad about these 70% marriages you saw without being too specific. What are the generalities?

Btw, I learned how to cook at a young age. I had to cook for the family because the only girl for the family was way younger than I was and we aren't a big family. Even my father did his laundry if mother had no time. If I wanted to eat earlier, I had to help. Both parents worked.

Bottomline, I don't like cooking, an inconvinience I am hoping wify should willingly accept to shoulder :D What is "cooking" for her when I take care of everything else huh? I know this is something you would do for your beloved. But we can carry on the fake debates on it.

Xoogsade   

Xiinfaniin, this section is boring without you and castro saxib :D:D

Where is castro?

Jimcaale

It will be too late saxib, yaa rabo habar? may be odayaashaa nasiib loogu daray :D

Amelia

How are you abaayo? Say something other than quoting ;)