Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Single-n-Happy: Another Superficial Topic

Modesty   

HI everyone!

I come across lots of single people these days, and that's all they seem to talk about. I wanted to know, are there single people out there who are actually happy with their status? If you are one, why do you feel this way? If you are single and don't feel happy about it, why do you not feel happy? Does anyone like dating? I personally think dating is so redundant, it's the same process over and over again, so I just stopped dating lol.So, what about YOU?

Superficial? so why post it.

people always claim to have stopped dating when they are single, like they need an excuse as to why they are single.

-Lily-   

Well if you haven't met the someone who captivates you 100% why bother dating others? Some people need to be always seen with someone, others are content as they are.

Xoogsade   

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Are there single-and-happy people out there? No doubt. But maybe not as many as the married-and-unhappy brigade.
:D

It can't be that terrible Valenteenah. Unhappiness can creep in always but it depends on the married couple and if they desire to work out their differences and move on with life undisturbed by solvable setbacks and misunderstandings.

There is nothing great about being single and that fact is proven by your periodical night dreams/day dreams about that perfect somali man you wish you had under the command of your highness.

PS: Horta, if it isn't too secret, tell me about the type of guy you would think to be an almost perfect husband in your book. Forget about him cooking please for now, other qualities :D

Amelia likes chauvenists for sure.

Nephissa   

^ I always wondered what Amelia saw in you! :D

Being single is not fun. Look at me, it's a work night at 10 pm and I'm sitting home alone, typing on my computer, drinking a bottle of aquafina L0L. Saasoo ay tahay being alone is a whole lot easier than the pain of a marriage that's not workin out and most of them are like that anyway. What are the chances of actually getting with nin Somali who you love, who will also love you and cook for you :D and the two of you having enough in common to stay together intaa kala dhimataan? (Dream on) Better chance to get struck by lightening twice!

Xoogsade   

^ Are you Bishaaro? LOL. These out of the blue new nicks confuse me.

Oh yes! and I dropped some good advice for you on your love of freedom post :D

Amelia is far more superior to my group of men. She is nice enough to let me think in the past that I am somewhat attractive in someways. Sweet of her don't you think? I don't have the million dollars required to pay for her dowry.

What are the chances of actually getting with nin Somali who you love, who will also love you and cook for you [big Grin] and the two of you having enough in common to stay together intaa kala dhimataan? (Dream on) Better chance to get struck by lightening twice!

The chances are plenty for somali women if they don't have this blinding new attitude of scornful, jaded negativity towards somali men. Some have given up as they say(merely an excuse to make themselves comfortable in their new taste of other men). I am surprised at the universality of such a scorn in young women about somali men. I am totally shocked because I don't see that many somali male losers. Well, may be high-schoolers who gave up the culture could be screwed after emulating the worst of their host countries, but most somali males who are mature look sensible to me. Qaat cune ma sheegin and others with destractive habits.

We can't be all that bad ;)

PS: I am tempted to tell you what is attractive about me that you or others can't see or sense from my sporadic contributions in SOL. There is more than meets the eye.

LoL Xoogsade...walee you don't need anyone to tell you anything. Your head is inflated enough as it is. Amelia has a lot to answer for!

There is nothing great about being single and that fact is proven by your periodical night dreams/day dreams about that perfect somali man you wish you had under the command of your highness.

Well, I think there are benefits to being single just as there are some benefits to being married. It works for some people and it doesn't for others, much like most things in life. It's a fact that married people envy singletons and vice versa. Grass is always greener on the other side and all. *Ignoring the daydream and highness bits - Kir mataqaanaa?*

Some have given up as they say(merely an excuse to make themselves comfortable in their new taste of other men). I am surprised at the universality of such a scorn in young women about somali men. I am totally shocked because I don't see that many somali male losers. Well, may be high-schoolers who gave up the culture could be screwed after emulating the worst of their host countries, but most somali males who are mature look sensible to me. Qaat cune ma sheegin and others with destractive habits.

We can't be all that bad

Sure you can.

You don't think our scorn is well deserved, huh? How many married couples do you know? How many are you related to? Don't you look at their lives and their relationships? I know that's what I do, and 70% of the time, I feel the woman settled. I often feel she could do better, and if not, she would certainly be better off raising her children alone. Most of the marriages I have seen are my idea of hell.

Of course there are the lucky ones, those who find the right partner and build a good, loving life together. They make you understand why so many people chase the dream (and fail miserably).

See, I'm being very positive today. :D

PS: Horta, if it isn't too secret, tell me about the type of guy you would think to be an almost perfect husband in your book. Forget about him cooking please for now, other qualities

What do you mean by forget about cooking? There is nothing else. A culinary genius or nothing.

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

What do you mean by forget about cooking? There is nothing else. A culinary genius or nothing. [/QB]

^^ Is that all it takes.

Will Beans on toast do, i can be creative and use cheese instead it , no make that stong chedder or even i can go exotic and use Camembert.

i think did enuff to make u mine,

Whos next?

Amelia likes chauvenists for sure.

:eek: What?

^ I always wondered what Amelia saw in you! [big Grin]

What?

LoL Xoogsade...walee you don't need anyone to tell you anything. Your head is inflated enough as it is. Amelia has a lot to answer for!

What?

:confused:

Single and happy? Isma raacaan! There's a gaping hole in singleton's life! That void could only be filled when you meet your calaf. How to get there is a combination of chance and knowing how to compromise.

To feel satisfied with being single is accepting defeat of sort, i say.

How fun is being single when you can have a permanent shopping/eating out/movies/travelling/etc. buddy that can't refuse you (when all ur other buddies are busy or boring)? icon_razz.gif

The trick Warsan, is to expand your social circle and have a different partner for each one of those activities. That way, you get to enjoy all the benefits of coupling and none of the problems of shared accounts, problems, ambitions, all that shared mess, while enjoying your independence and personal space.

To feel satisfied with being single is accepting defeat of sort, i say

I would think its the ultimate acceptance of yourself. That you're content in being with you. :D

-Lily-   

Well you can be content to be single, but it's also nice to be with someone you love and is willing to share your life with you? Not that terrible of a deal is it now?