Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Baluug   

LOL @ Sheh...I think that's like how the color black is called "negro" in spanish.Just imagine telling all your friends that your car is negro color......

I will not advice anyone to do any mountain climbing on account of what i had to go through this last weekend

early morning saturday as in 3 a.m we are on the road to snowdonia

arrive at snowdonia at around 9 a.m and the place is deserted apart from those in the restaurant at the base

Nice scenery from the restaurant

we spent the rest of the day taking in the scenery at snowdonia and resting for the big climb

Sunday morning at 6 am we are all outside ready to go, the guide seems gung ho for this not suprisingly as he is local and probably climbed this mountain a million times.Little does he know that I am a somali and a Nomad at that who is used to a flat land :D

We start with a nice stroll which quickly turns into the equivalent of a Horse Trotting.

Well to put it lightly we were climbing till about 4.30 when i tried to look down only to see nothing but clouds/mist beneath me.I couldnt take pictures because the mist was making everything wet.We reached the summit at around 6 and luckily there is a camp site there.I dont think i have had such a good sleep for a long time.Woke up fresh the next morning apart from my aching body.The downhill trip was a bit easier and quicker.We reached the base camp at around 4.00 and we hit the showers and drove back.Got home at around 11 pm and went straight to bed.Aches all over the body especially the shoulders...ouch

Why the shoulder ache? Carrying an orgi? Ka ma maarmo.

:D:D:D

yeah something like that.Bloody heavy one at that :D .So you fancy some mountain climbing do you?.....brave indeed :D

Morning Orgilaqe, Sheh and everyone else

Looks like you’ve had quite an adventurous trip Orgilaqe. Its unlike Somali to climb a mountain just for the thrill of it (Somalis don’t see a any thrill to be gotten from it anyways).

My long carnival weekend was fab. I went to Barcelona.

Ok. I didn’t. But I wish I did. Spent time with friends and relatives, BBQ’in and soaking in the sun. Didn’t go to the dreadful carnival. Don’t really fancy being squashed in-between two bida men.

good morning to you too :D seven

unlike Somali you say to climb mountains....i agree but it was a challenge and had to do it

speaking of un-somali acts soaking in the sun you say seven

I thought we were already as brown as we could get :D

It isn’t just about tanning you know. Its also about taking in your yearly doze of vitamin-D … all in the one-week British Summer.

Weren’t u supposed to fly to the UAE yesterday?

Morning 7. They didn't delete you then? :D Good to see the Troll Mistress again. I am so very jealous of your long weekend in Barcelona. Don't be modest and pretend you got that 'tan' in your back yard. smile.gif

Orgilaqe, WTH are u still doing in the UK? U just had to conquer Snowdonia. Make sure u tell the Arabs about the snow in Snowdonia and the Abominable Snowman/Yeti/Big Foot(take yr pick) that u hunted and carried down(hence aching shoulders). ;) They like macho-types. icon_razz.gif

Seven Shehrazade ...yes i was supposed to fly out yesterday....but me being me couldnt go without responding to the challenge.Because we arrived late for a saturday climb we became a day late and so had to change my flight to this thursday.My kids were very dissapointed when i told them but a trip to the fun fair sorted them out :D

As for the arabs.....well i really dont care what they like as long as they leave me alone.

Besides if they like that sort of thing then they are a sad bunch as they lack excitement in their lives :D:D ..the days of macho pretending are behind me ......I am what i am and dont need to boast about it.