Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Abyan   

The snow is melting? What are you guys on about. It is still snowing from my place.

And my gas run out. Guriga iyo banaanka , gurigii aa qaboow.

This sucks, I took the wrong day off! I didn't have to waste my leave, wiy oo wiy.

There aren't one set of tyre tracks on my road and only one set of footprints - I don't think anyone bothered going in. Then again, everything is suspended at our end, including buses. Oh well, let's hope its the same tomorrow!

CL- How much fun is building a snowman? This is the first time I've ever done it (there's usually not enough snow).

My little body is in shock. I was sun-bathing this time yesterday and now I can barely walk around the house without two layers of clothes.

The journey here was a nightmare, the plane got directed to a different airport (Luton) and since lots of flights got diverted there, they mixed up all the luggage. It was a total joke. And then getting a cab that was slower than slow to get home meant I got home early this morning. :(

All this re-affirms my beleif that I simply shouldnt be living here.

Quite bronze.

My mother says all the tanning makes me look healthier :D

Val, I can complain because the welcome back was a bit chilly (altho I'm grateful for the semi-day off - working from home ;) )

NGONGE   

^^ Do you recommend the place by the way?

Val, go build yourself the biggest snowman you can then run into the house and drag the entire family out. Show them the fruit of your labours and say that you want to marry him. :D

I expect the only objection they'll have will be that woxo waa nin cad....

NG - Totally loved it. Did lots of adventurous stuff, best being diving and snorkeling. Although I had a panic attack when I first tried both and almost bailed out. LOL.

Pretty pricey though, since the pound is on a downward spiral and the place is very touristy. The only thing I didnt like was how there was no such thing as a 'set price' for anything and you couldnt shake off the feeling that you were being ripped off every step of the way. We probably were since me and my cousin are the lamest hagglers on the planet :D .

Oh... they have some very good looking (and really friendly) people.

Would definitely go back someday - maybe some other part tho.

I already have, NG. Except for the marrying part. What does a snowman have to offer me?

Glad you enjoyed yourself, Ser. Exactly what you needed, huh?

PS: Just out of academic interest, how good-looking were the natives?

NGONGE   

^^ The way you're acting, I hope it's the cold shoulder. icon_razz.gif

Serenity, glad you enjoyed it. Of course this means you're too broke to join me in my upcoming visit to H town. :D

NG, I think you might be too broke to join yourself in H-Town. I'll believe it when JB verifies that you have in fact landed at the airport and posts the pictures. icon_razz.gif

Serenity, well, who knew, ey?

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

PS
: Just out of academic interest, how good-looking were the natives?

Very good looking. Helpful, courteous eye-candy wherever you turn. :D

Faheema.   

Honestly people...all this 'cos of a bit of snow :D

Ibti, I feel for those in hopspitals, poor patients don't have anyone to feed them and half of the consultants are not in :(

Its not the snow per se II, its the fact that we are ill-equipped for it as a nation. No buses, trains or other means of transport, so no moving.

I dont have any boots to help me trawl through the 6inches of slippery lush either.

So the problem is, we are stuck at home.

NGONGE   

Our err, erm, eeeen, Middle Eastern director has decided that people who did not turn up today will have to forfit a day's holiday. His argument was "I made it in, so why can't others?"

Of course, he only lives a couple of blocks away from the office. :D