Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

roobleh   

I think I can also fit in here and stay warm since this place is both cold and old. But I thought thermal underwears are for hunters and campers.

whats wrong with you ladies, and what happen to the popularity of vaseline for such occasions.

Originally posted by sheherazade:

Ma diidi laheen mid cagaha ii diiriya. I like a man that knows his place. Kaaley, do all Somali-Aussies think like this? Ileen there's a revolution down under.
icon_razz.gif

Well more than a revelution...it is time to visit aussie land i tell yuh.

Zu, inshallah I hope to go find a foot-warmer there. smile.gif

So tired; too early for bed and I promised someone I'd do something for them.

Must stop offering srevices, must stop offering srevices, must stop offering srevices...

Foxy   

since its a troll corner, i thought Browns new budget might be a handy thing to discuss? anyone worried it? this applies to UK residents only!

cheers

-Lily-   

I didn't follow all of it but a 2.8 basic cut in income tax sounds good but too good to be true. Whatever is given must come out from elsewhere. I think Gordon Brown is too concerned with winning the leadership for the Labour party and thus any promises he makes come across as campaign freebees which will be taken away once he wins.

Worried no, sceptical yes.

Foxy   

I hear A rise in duty on alcohol and tobacco is almost a sure thing, though the chancellor is unlikely to put up the tax by more than inflation.

However, the chancellor has hinted that he will abolish VAT on nicotine patches and other anti-smoking products

I like the fact that he have pointed on the first-time buyers where by he has

doubled the stamp duty threshold from £60,000 to £120,000 to help first-time buyers get onto the housing ladder. The allowance went up again in last year’s Budget to £125,000.

So there are pleas for more help for first-time buyers.

At the moment, the amount of stamp duty you pay depends on the value of your home – and there are currently four bands.

If you buy a house for less than £125,000, there is no duty. If it is worth between £125,000 and £250,000, the rate is 1%. It rises to 3% on properties that cost more than £250,000 but less than £500,000. The top rate of tax for homes worth more than £500,000 is 4%.

Brown could raise the stamp duty threshold to £206,000, in line with house price inflation so it sounds a good deal to me that is, i am the least highly informed being that would now how much inflation should rise by.

I hear another advantage is for the low income family members which i havent paid any attention to but i am sure folks with kids paid extra attention especially should they have declared through the authorities..

Cheers

Ms DD   

Originally posted by Foxy:

However, the chancellor has hinted that he will abolish VAT on nicotine patches and other anti-smoking products

From 17.5% down to 5%. Nice going.

2p of basic rate of Income tax and 10p tax rate (which he introduced) abolished.

The net affect of the changes is about the same!

2p off corporation tax for large profitable companies, 2p ON corporation tax for small businesses. Where is the logic in that??

The people who are really worse off are all tax payers with no kids and tax payers with kids but unable to claim tax credits. Basically tax payers unable to claim benifits are worse off, to pay for those who do claim.

Pensioners get a higher tax freshhold, but one earner families are still unable to share their tax burden.

The so called 'Green' taxes were nothing more than a revenue raising exercise.

If you spend 30k on a gas guzzler are you really concerned about £200 extra on road tax?

If Brown was really concerned he would have put it up to £1000 for the biggest polluters.

Inheritance tax will threshold to rise from £285,000 now to £350,000 in 2010. Cosidering the current spiralling house costs, too little too late.

This budget is a disgrace. Brown will make the poorest people in society even poorer, whilst aiming bribes at the middle classes that will be essential in the next election. It's typical of New Labour politics. More interested in winning key seats than tackling poverty.

NGONGE   

^^^ It's swings and roundabouts really. All this business of 'hard hit' by the tax changes is, really, an overreaction. Brown shuffled the cards about a little but on the whole it's the same old deck of cards. The most those people will lose will be £100. The most others will gain will be along those same lines. However, what you lose in the snakes, you gain on the ladders really. It's not a disgrace; it's a clever budget.