Sign in to follow this  
Armstrong

Any one here undertaking courses in medical studies hola back !

as-salam alaykom.

It would be nice to hear from a few folks preferably from UK doing degree courses in medicine, human biology, pharmacy, microbiology, dentistry, clinical studies or life sciences - any thing to do with health studies.

Or any one that works within the medical fields.

Several questions:

1. What course are you doing and why?

2. How are you funding it?

3. What are the general academic entry requirements?

4. What is the work load like?

Mujahid over and out !

Mowgli   

Asalaama Alaikum

Originally posted by Mujahid:

Am in my first year doing Genetics with a minor in Forensic Science. I didn't feel like I was ready to go into medicine (like the family wanted). Genetics to me is the most interesting part of Biology so I went for it.

Student Loan & bursary.

I think it was an ABB (minimum of a B in Biology A Level, AS/A Level Chemistry appreciated)

4. What is the work load like?

This semester for the Genetics side, we do lab work three times a week (which I enjoy, I prefer the practicals to the lectures). Some of the write up's are assessed, some aren't, but we are expected to keep laboratory books. It's one thing to see experiments done in books, but a completely different when you do it for yourself. We have the occasional presentations (which I don't particularly enjoy).

There is a lot of chemistry involved in Forensic side, so it helps a lot by having done AS or A level chemistry. Lol for those who watch CSI...that isn't the way it works in real life icon_razz.gif . Now when am home and I see one of the shows I find myself always saying "this is what they're supposed to be doing" or "they aren't supposed to do that" etc. Paying attention to detail is of the utmost importance e.g. today we had to analyse a biro pen found at a "crime scene" supposedly belonging to the "suspect". I never knew I could stare at a biro pen for so long (it took an hour :eek: ).Oh yeah, there are some law modules involved too, which are pretty interesting.

Hope that helped...Ma'salaama

am doig chemical engineering, coz my favourite subject is chemical and also my favourite subject in the school was chemistry and and i still like doing chemistry thats why am doing this

actually am finding easy my first year was little bit had but as my second year it was good and i find easer than my first year my first year i paas all my exams i get achieve but second year i get excellence and merit its good subject.

its five subjects bursary if you did five subject your last year in the school and also university entries you have to have A bursary or B bursary or at least C bursary and university entries