Sign in to follow this  
Captivating_SouL

How many nomads are BORN JAN. 1st?

Brown-Suga...I thought yu would know this....Most somalis in da qurba were born in Jan first....Of coarse these birth dates are only used for immigration papers...Only God knows da real birth date.

I could tell dis much though, i wasn't certainly born on Jan first. I was born on the Goga of 79 or were we still in abaartii dhaba dheer....LoL....Eithier way it wasn't Jan first.

Macalin   

Call it curiosity or flat out being noisey...

-----

I jst Love the way u said..

Umm Anyways wish me and my american day ahappy one this NEW YRS!

Che..lol Guugi daba dheer?..theres no such thing adeer..i know Jilaalkii DAACUNKI :D however

Oringinally posted by:Che-Guevara

Brown-Suga...I thought yu would know this....Most somalis in da qurba were born in Jan first....Of coarse these birth dates are only used for immigration papers

Am aware of it saxiib- i just feel sorry for the actual people who have that If for some odd reasons i ran into somali person and they say their bday is jan 1st and its the honest true...my response would be 'eh so are the rest of the nomads here- get on with that BS. ...walaahi the odds are against it of me buying into it...

Darman- the percentage is less that somalis have that bday compared to the infamous Jan 1st.

Lakkad- hope you were being scaristic lol...but eh be proud of it sxb..enjoy

originally posted by SaMaaH.

LOl Shhhssh Captivating_soul dont embarass everyone like that by the way i'm not Jan 1st

One word SaMaaH......: SUUUUUUREEE

hukri   

^^hehe!

I actually know...well i know no-one who is born on Jan 1, whether it's real, fake or wishful thinking! icon_razz.gif ...no but seriously! Plenty of people born IN january but none on the 1st!

LuCkY   

Lol...Curiousty KiLLed the Cat...Lol.

I know what u are taLking about Che.

There was this one incident when a group of SomaLi dudes were interrogated by the two cops and they asked for their b-days and names...Guess What?They aLL said Jan 1st and most of them either had the same first name or Last name(Mohamed)LoL...The cops were Like who are u fooLing were gonna caLL ur parents,so they did.And to their surprise the parents had the same b-day as weLL and few of the First/Last names were the same...LoooooooooooooL...shouLd seen the reaction on their faces.

No Im Not a Jan 1st.

ZOLA   

LOL...u all may not believe me...but my birthday is on JAN 5....and my last name is not Mohammed..lol...and believe me am not turning 18.. smile.gif

so, captivating-soul..u know what to do when jan5 comes around.. ;) .

A.A

Thnx Malaika for the short notice....now we gotta plan this in short notice. see ya next semester sis. ;)

As far as my b-day being on 1/1....NO...I don't know why that's easy for ppl too remember..I would forget. I would make mine on on a day like....(9/11) or somethin' like that. :D

stpaulchick what about 14/2?

captivating_soul, most of da somalis were born "geed hoostiisa" so its really hard 4them 2 know their actual dob. 1 of my family member is born 1/1, WOLA.

che_Guevera, abaartii dhaba dheer? never heard such thing.

Lakkad...Adeer ha misqoute gareen noh...I said abaartii daba dheer, not Gugii daba dheer. N Bismaalahi ye jilaalkii dacuunka maad usoo joogtay......Wasn't dat like in 1904 or something...LoL

BrownSuga....I have hard believing somalis even they are telling their real DOB...Like Caremel kisses said many were born under Geed....Besides birth dates were not real important facts for our ancestors to remember, and many somalis still don't know when they were actually born.

Luckly.....Lol.....I heard many stories like dat....Iam not if it is actual true, but somebody once told that there was poultry factory where the workers are predominantly somalis. Almost every somali's birth date was Jan 1.

Caramel_kisses....Abaartii daba dheer was one of many droughts that hit somalia.

Malakia.....Happy Birthday Yaar.