Timacaddeh

Somalia: Farmajo yet to honour promise to journalists as more face charges

Somalia: Farmajo yet to honour promise to journalists as more face charges

"Over two months after promising to repeal the penal code of 1964 which criminalizes journalism, Somalia President Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo has remained mute, with authorities continuing with their crackdown against reporters across the country."

• Thanks 1

Oodweyne   

Yaxaas,

Have noticed the "deafening silence" from those who are from Somalia, who in turn would be "rending their garments" in anger and in anguish, were to be the case that a mere "flying bird" may have gotten hurt in Somaliland?

And now, all of a sudden, not one of their teeming numbers who are here with us, is to be seen venturing forth any comment in regards to press freedom and how it's faring (or failing) under Mr. Cheeseman's political regime from Villa Somalia. 

Hence, all one can say is that even a "sniffling and contemptible hypocrisy" doesn't come close in defining these "characters" and their conduct, or for that matter their hide-bound absurdity.

But, having said all of that, still, I would say that it's good to know the "color" of their argument, and how much "credible weight" one should be attaching to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

"sniffling and contemptible hypocrisy"

Silly old man and you speak of hypocrisy...

10 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Silly old man and you speak of hypocrisy...

The hypocrisy is not condemning both governments equally. Myself and other Somalilanders condemned the jailing of Coldoon as well as the two singers.

The wanlaweyn crowd on here were posting in their droves about the Somaliland issues i've mentioned above. Yet not a peep about this from a single wanlaweyn - that is the height of hypocrisy.

I'll state again here what I've stated before. The Somaliland law that allows for journalists and entertainers to be jailed for benign actions, is a Human rights violating law, and one that should be repealed post-haste.

I've been on this site for about 6 months now. The next time I see critical post from your crowd about the Human Rights violations of the Muqdisho government (which vastly outnumber those of Somalia, including extra-judicial killings), will be the first.

Oodweyne   

Che,

Getting all hot and bothered under the collar are we, mate? 

However, just in case you are a bit thick on the head (which is a distinct possibility, given that you have a hard time telling the difference between the glossy and bogus PR advertisement on one hand, and that of the ugly reality of Somalia), let me say that the description of "sniffling hypocrisy" was actually targeted (or intended) to the folks in this joint.

Particular, those who never missed a day without screaming some spleen and bile about some alleged short-coming on the part of Somaliland on one hand. Whilst on the other hand not so much of a word by your leave will be heard from them when matters concerning Somalia's tragic reality is at hand in this parish.

Got it now, dear lad? 

Or, shall I go one more round of explanation with coloring picture-book sort of depiction and canyons to tell the gist of it further?

Or, perhaps, you think you got the hang of it by now?

Let me know, son.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

gooni   

Hadaad qof dhirbaaxdo ama tuug ku sheegto, journalist'e yaan ahay shaqayn mayso, waxaa ka fiican inaad qof caadi ah noqoto intaad wariye sheegan lahayd.

Si kastaba waa horumar inaad maxkamad ku gar baxdo adoo gurigaaga jooga kuna kasbato khibrad ku anfacaysa mustaqbalka intaad noqon lahayd m0ryan iska xarig furan.

Further abuse of Journalists in Somalia.

HORNOBSERVER.COM

MOGADISHU (HORN OBSERVER) A local TV reporter in Mogadishu has been fired from his job after reporting evictions of dozens of families in Mogadishu's Kaaraan district last week, the journalist and colleagues...

This journalist was fired for simply reporting on the evictions of many poor families.

Further persecution of another journalist, charged with wholly unsubstantiated, likely trumped up charges.

HORNOBSERVER.COM

MOGADISHU, Somalia 14 July 2020 – Somali Journalists Syndicate (SJS) and Somali Media Association (SOMA) are concerned about the continued prosecution against Goobjoog journalist, Abdiaziz Ahmed...

Farmaajo humiliated: Forced to release a journalist he had persecuted without cause, a day after sentencing 😁

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1