Oodweyne

Lesser breeds without the Law - Depiction of Savagery - Somalia's version.

Oodweyne   

Hello Folks,

One of Mr. Rudyard Kipling poems, namely, the "Recessional", had it a memorable line, which was:

"......Lesser breeds without the Law......"

Hence, seeing that this picture (posted below) was actually taken in today's Somalia, one wonders whether there are any takers in here of SOL, who in turn would quibble at the margin, or even give us a "lengthy discursive riposte" as to why what we are seeing in it is not something that can be made "akin" to what that line (of barbaric savagery) from that poem was alluding to?

Any takers, lads?

image.png.7553241040f959c6a97da64cf64493d7.png

Oodweyne   
22 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

You are quoting the man who wrote the white man's burden? 

Che,

The pity here is that you are still not educated enough despite the fact that you have been in the US for close to thirty (30) years.

And by that I mean, Mr. Thomas Jefferson wrote "all men are created equal", whilst at the same time availing himself with the "sexual caresses" of his Slave girl, namely, Ms. Sally Hemings (in most nights), in his Monticello palatial and multi-purposes house.

Hence, should the US get rid of that line of the definition of liberty from its declaration of independence, because the author was a slaver and racist?

Should it stop quoting that line, altogether?

Similarly, Mr. Kipling wrote wide and deep, and much of it was from the "social and political perspective" of his day, hence, should we consign him to bottom of the sea, in terms of what he wrote, altogether, as a bundle?

Or should we judge them, each work in its own light, in terms of what eternal truth they could shed for us at any juncture, and how applicable they are or maybe?

Moreover, if you read the classical literature of Athenians, you will realize that they were composed, largely, by a bunch of horrible men, most of them were slavers. And yet some individual poems (like Oddysey, for example) stand the test of time.

You really need to brush off your argumentation chops, my friend. Or, at least, get to know how each specific poem may be applicable to a situation in which one may find oneself in it. Even if the rest of the collected works of that long ago dead White man is something one would cross the road to avoid it, let alone read it.

Is that enough lecture for you today, in terms of how literature is timeless, borne out of from specific time, composed, by and large, by flawed men, and yet and yet, their illumination can be as specific as the situation you find yourself in it can be? And moreover, each work can really be applicable to the concern of the day, regardless of who composed it, and why it was authored in the first place.  

Oodweyne   

^^^ Suldaanka,

Yep. However, what gets to me is not so much about the savagery, but the added insult that is the nihilistic barbarity, which is very much apparent there. Particularly of the kind that is somehow indifferent to how as Muslims we should treat the dead.

Hence, why I said how apt that line from that poem is.

For those who are lesser breed than humans would do such a thing. And, moreover, only those with no law, no ethics, and no morality (be it secular or Islamic ones) would be expected to do such a thing, as well.

All in all, it's a sheer jaw-dropping scene. And it says much more about Somalia, at least, in a pernicious sort of sense, than all the cheap public relations (PR) stunt in which Villa Somalia engages in with its teeming trolls on social media, could ever amount to say it. 

• Thanks 1

I am not quoting or have never quoted Jefferson to further argument that deals with morality or good conduct. Kipling promoted the savagery of colonialism and the subjugation of "lesser' people". You were better off quoting the Quran, the Bible, or the Torah.

Oodweyne   
20 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

I am not quoting or have never quoted Jefferson to further argument that deals with morality or good conduct. Kipling promoted the savagery of colonialism and the subjugation of "lesser' people". You were better off quoting the Quran, the Bible, or the Torah.

Che,

Still, you are not getting it, are you? Well, let me make it simple for you and say that whether you go to bed in most nights reading Mr. Jefferson's works (particularly his voluminous correspondences with John Adams, which spanned in several decades) or not, is really beside the point in here.

For the point is that just because he was a horrible man (who probably murdered little kittens in his spare time) along with his slavery, sexual incontinence, and all the horrible thing he did, can't be the "sole judge" of whether one should evaluate the premise that says "all men are created equal", just because this man wrote it in the first place.

Hence, judge the life in which men (mostly dead white men) may have led on their terms. But also judge the intellectual output they have left behind on the basis of a rational critique, logic, and reason.

Moreover, Kipling was a horrible and imperialist man, and we can easily grant that, since it goes without say, that was the case with him. But judge his works, individually and collectively, on their terms. Especially as to whether they say anything more useful to us now than they did when they were first composed back then.

And this will mean, that, some are straight-up racist tracts, and we can safely discard them. But some others can tell us the "moral failure" of any society, be it Somali, Muslims, Christian, or any other society. Which is what we have in that picture, in terms of the "sheer barbarity" that stems from a "moral failure" of the kind we can see easily from that picture.

Is that easy now to follow?

Or is it your contention to say that we shouldn't quote anyone who we do not approve of their lives? Even we are only quoting some of their works that are applicable to an issue that is at hand, whilst at the same time having no truck with their horrible lives and other horrible things in which they may have done in their day.

4 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

You are quoting the man who wrote the white man's burden? 

You have named yourself after, and used the likeness as your avatar, of a known white supremacist?

3 hours ago, cadnaan1 said:

Waxaan la yaabay profilekiisa wuxuu Ku soo qortay Somaliland ethnicity .

Screenshot_20200707-093523.png

Isn't it sad that you find that more noteworthy than a human body being dragged through the street? What does that say about you people?

• Thanks 1

Oodweyne   
7 hours ago, Timacaddeh said:

Isn't it sad that you find that more noteworthy than a human body being dragged through the street? What does that say about you people?

Timacaddeh,

I see you have noticed the "moral vacuousness" in him, with your beady eyes. After all, it's like a man who is been shown a reality of a social and moral collapse of a medieval society, which is being depicted in one of the pricier pieces of the renaissance paintings. And instead of commenting on about the solidity of the hand that painted it, or the sophistication of the work, and even how genuine well turned out, it is in telling the story of that medieval moral collapse. He seems to have decided to comment on how the name of the painter on the margin of the portraiture is missing one letter. Or. perhaps, it's being spelled wrong. 

In other words, if ever you wanted to know what is the nearest perfect encapsulation of what dictionary actually meant, at least holistically, when it talks about those, who, "can't see the forest for the trees". Then, look no further than our friend here. Hence, the pity of it, really. 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

2 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

Timacaddeh,

I see you have noticed the "moral vacuousness" in him, with your beady eyes. After all, it's like a man who is been shown a reality of a social and moral collapse of a medieval society, which is being depicted in one of the pricier pieces of the renaissance paintings. And instead of commenting on about the solidity of the hand that painted it, or the sophistication of the work, and even how genuine well turned out, it is in telling the story of that medical moral collapse. He seems to have decided to comment on how the name of the painter on the margin of the portraiture is missing one letter. Or. perhaps, it's being spelled wrong. 

In other words, if ever you wanted to know what is the nearest perfect encapsulation of what dictionary actually meant, at least holistically, when it talks about those, who, "can't see the forest for the trees". Then, look no further than our friend here. Hence, the pity of it, really. 

What further encapsulates the emptiness of their moral compass, is that if even the smallest impropriety occurs in Somaliland, these guys will wail and shout about it from the highest rooftops. Case in point - very recently two things happened very closely after one another (not in order):

1. An MP in Somalia was savagely slain just outside Muqdisho
  2. A young Somaliland poet was mistakenly arrested, then released within hours

They had pretty much nothing to say about the former and were decrying the latter from all corners. Says it all.

• Thanks 1

Oodweyne   

Timacaddeh,

Yep, that has always been the case with them. For I have yet to see any of the wretched contingents who are with us in here making even a bee-line of a comment about the daily savagery that goes on in Somalia. Even, if it's an expression of impotent moral outrage, which could at least be something worthy to behold. Instead, we behold nothing but their deafening silence, which is how they treat the constant tragedy that takes place inside their country, on a regular basis. 

For example, as recently as last week, that "occupied city of Baidhabo", which is getting comfortable under the Ethiopian yoke (as it has been getting on with such ugly reality since 1996/97) have had the misfortune of having another suicide bomber being exploded there. And yet, our "glorified maid" of SOL who is from that city would not touch it with a bargepole. Or even make a comment about his own people being blown off to Kingdom's come and to smithereens.

However, he is here, daily, waffling and spouting about Somaliland and how we are getting all wrong and are indeed committing what he considers as a "colossal blunder", which presumably he meant the new budding diplomatic relationship between Somaliland and Taiwan.

Talk about "moral emptiness" and sheer misplace priority, indeed, at least, if you ask me.

But still having said all of that, I must say that the "captivating beauty" in here is that they are no more to be considered serious than a mere "fleece-ridden barking dog" at the side of a well-steered "moving caravan" going on with a speed on a long pre-ordained journey.

Hence, this is how Somaliland should be viewed, namely, a "self-contained-caravan" on the move, whilst others are barking at her with "empty bile" from the side of the road. For that is what she really is, at least in comparison to these "morally degenerate wafflers", who are spitting their usually venomous spleen to the four winds at here in SOL.

8 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

Timacaddeh,

Yep, that has always been the case with them. For I have yet to see any of the wretched contingents who are with us in here making even a bee-line of a comment about the daily savagery that goes on in Somalia. Even, if it's an expression of impotent moral outrage, which could at least be something worthy to behold. Instead of their defeating silence, which is how they treat the constant tragedy that takes place inside their country. 

For example, as recently as last week, that occupied city of Baidhabo, which is getting comfortable under Ethiopian's yoke (as it has been getting on with such ugly reality since 1996/97) have had the misfortune of having another suicide bomber being exploded there. And yet, our "glorified maid" of SOL, who is from that city would not touch it with a bargepole, or even make a comment about his own people being blown off to Kingdom's come and to smithereens.

However, he is here, daily, waffling and spouting about Somaliland and how we are getting wrong and are committing what he considers as a "colossal blunder", which presumably he meant the new budding relationship between Somaliland and Taiwan.

Talk about "moral emptiness" and sheer misplace priority, indeed, at least, if you ask me.

But still having said that, still, I must say that the beauty in here is that they are no more to be considered serious than a mere "fleece-ridden barking dogs" at the side of a well-steered "moving caravan" on a long journey. Which is how Somaliland is in comparison to these morally degenerate waffles, who are spitting their usually venomous spleen to the four wind. 

Wow I didnt know that about@Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar. If that was happening in my hometown, I sure couldn't stay silent. 

Oodweyne   

^^^^

But some in here are "past masters" of the "social art" of looking the other way from the "political and the moral wretchedness" in which their downtrodden folks, back home, are daily enduring it. Whilst, on the other hand, they waffle on endlessly at the internet's portals, like here in SOL. Or they bleat about other people's issues and concerns.

And they do that with the same "high intensity" in which a "two-bit carnival barker" gets to shout at to those who come to be entertained at the circus, so that he can just earn his daily bread.    

• Thanks 1