Suldaanka

Taiwan and Somaliland establish strategic partnership

On 7/2/2020 at 12:49 PM, Tillamook said:

Surely, this isn’t the first dumb thing our hapless, helpless and hopeless h@bros have ever stooped to.... I bet if you looked up the word “Dumb” on the dictionary you will see a smiling photo of a deranged Iid00r miscreant.😜

How dare you say that!!! It is brilliant idea mate 😀

This is getting interesting.. The Chinese made an offer to Somaliland if Somaliland stopped dealing with Taiwan. Somaliland rejected the offer. 

-----

SOMALILANDCHRONICLE.COM

According to multiple sources, the Chinese Ambassador in Somalia Mr. Qin Jian visited the Republic of Somaliland twice to try to convince the Somaliland government to cease its activities with Taiw…

• Like 1

The more I read about Taiwan, the more I support a stronger links with that Island state. It is a perfect match for what I envision for Somaliland's future, a democracy, an economic model that is envy of the world, a very high human development index at almost every category. 

Somaliland should strongly subscribe to the Taiwan Model. 

If Taiwan is able to help Somaliland stand out from Africa, then it will be show case for Taiwan and it will definitely win back a lot of African States who are on Chinese leash and debt trap. . 

------

Taiwan to deepen ties with Somaliland amid China intervention

FOCUSTAIWAN.TW

Taipei, July 6 (CNA) The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) on Monday reiterated Taiwan and Somaliland's intention to deepen bilateral relations after a media report revealed multiple attempts by Beijing to...

• Thanks 2

Tallaabo   
3 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

The Mandarin bit of what the guy is writing could be "they are not the pirates". 😁

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 3

galbeedi   

"Shacabkii #Taiwan oo baranaya sida magaca #Somaliland loogu qoro afkooda.

Marka ILLAAHEY samada ka soo ogolaado cidi kuma joojin karto"

Suldaanku waa rageedi. Add baan u qoslay.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

The Taiwan economic miracle. This an in depth overview of Taiwan recent history and specially its economic supremacy. 

One important fact I have learned was that Taiwan is the largest foreign direct investor of China. That is a feat.  

• Thanks 1

galbeedi   

TIMACADDEH, Tallaabo and Suldaanka reacted to this. Since all the Duriyada including Oodweyne, agreed that I might have " voices in my ahead", I intend to share with you. please check my thread about Taiwan.

Having said that , i see a lot of creativity and imagination in Somaliland. Since the north is where authors and Somali composers are plenty, i expect many new idea. By the far the Taiwanese how to write Somaliland is great creativity.

Who knows since the west especially USA is gearing up to confront the Chinese and contain their future hegemony, it seems Somaliland is allying itself with the right people. Our friend Oodweyne who is more British even than the Englishman will soon set the plot of confronting China.

Somalia as usual is reacting on these moves.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

galbeedi   

Suldaanka, 

On the other hand Somaliland might have awakened sleeping giant China who have investments both in China, Djibouti and Kenya. He might use his leverage to squeeze Somaliland and refuse Chinese flagged ships going to Somaliland .

3 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Suldaanka, 

On the other hand Somaliland might have awakened sleeping giant China who have investments both in China, Djibouti and Kenya. He might use his leverage to squeeze Somaliland and refuse Chinese flagged ships going to Somaliland .

Even what you have suggested, as wild a move as they are, doesn't amount to much at all. Probably the publicity this whole thing has generated so far for Somaliland, if quantified in dollar terms, is more benefiticial than anything China can do to harm Somaliland. 

From the outset, I can say that China, the country, the system, the way they do business or even engage others, is not compatible with Somaliland's.

They are pro-dictatorship, they do not encourage civil liberty, accountability, free press etc. The things that are dear to anyone who has a thinking mind and cherishes freedom.

Whereas, Taiwan is the polar opposite to the China-Way. The Taiwan Model is about openness, liberty, freedom, democracy, free press etc. All the things I want Somaliland to be and learn. The intangible benefits of this relationship is enormous. Just consider, Taiwan sending its election observers to Somaliland. That is in itself a benefit that China cannot provide.

More over, I think Israel comes to mind of a country that has successfully reserved the trend. If in the 1970s, 80s countries were all severing diplomatic ties with the Jewish state, today it is different. Many African countries are reestablishing links with Israel. Even some Arab countries are openly or covertly doing so.

Hence, this new relationship between Somaliland and Taiwan is much more deeper than many have grasped. It is a win-win relationship. Taiwan is selling its model and Somaliland is the perfect place to help create a reality of that model. A strong selling point for Taiwan to other countries, of what they are missing out. Hopefully reversing the trend. 

• Thanks 3