Suldaanka

Taiwan and Somaliland establish strategic partnership

Somaliland Foreign Minister recaps the historic steps that lead to the culmination of this strategic partnership between Somaliland and Taiwan. 

• Thanks 1

Taiwan's newly appointed representative and Taiwan's business development liaisons officer have held talks with Somaliland's Central Bank. Discussions include how Taiwan and Somaliland can harmonise currency reserves, whereby Taiwan will buy a pilot  $100 million USD worth of SL shillings and Somaliland will exchange the same worth of Taiwanese Dollars in fishing, natural resources license offering.  

The idea is to by-pass the costly hard currency exchanges and utilise local currency when doing business at either country. 

Somaliland will use the Taiwanese dollars to buy Good and Services from Taiwan. And Taiwanese companies will be able to pay local employees and local fuel/energy etc needs using Somaliland's shillings. 

EcAtIm5XsAETVLX?format=jpg&name=medium

EcAtJFhXsAAMnYp?format=jpg&name=medium

• Thanks 1

Tallaabo   
21 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

China is massacring Eugyher Muslims and is about directly take over Hong Kong. The world powers sat around and watch. So Biixi, in his infinite wisdom, thought let's poke the bear, a vindicative Security Council member.

I think Mr Muuse will have to now convince the commies in Beijing that this is all about just business and nothing else. The Chinese are awfully sensitive about Taiwan. 

Tallaabo   
15 minutes ago, Oodweyne said:

Suldaanka,

It's indeed a good development, especially the investment, technology transfer, and know-how in which these Taiwanese can easilyvimpart to Somaliland. Kudos all around, I say.

It is great to do business with Taiwan but I think we should be protective when it comes to fishing. We have to look after our own fishing industry. 

10 minutes ago, Tallaabo said:

It is great to do business with Taiwan but I think we should be protective when it comes to fishing. We have to look after our own fishing industry. 

That is what I thought first. But a person privy the deals has confirmed that the investments and manufacturing/packaging will be done in Somaliland. The products will  be 'Made in Somaliland' and Taiwan will be the primary customer. 

I think that is the best deal one can get.

YaxaaS   
4 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Labo qaawan is ma qaado😂😂😂

Desensitize your triggers, you seem bewildered by it all !

YaxaaS   

🐐Food for thought🐑

Taiwan has been a significant importer of sheepmeat for the past several decades, reaching a total import volume of 16,371 tonnes shipped weight in the 12 months ending May 2019. The vast majority of the market’s imports are supplied by New Zealand and then Australia.

46 minutes ago, Tallaabo said:

I think Mr Muuse will have to now convince the commies in Beijing that this is all about just business and nothing else. The Chinese are awfully sensitive about Taiwan. 

That's an understatement.

Who got the appointment? Biixi's nephew?

43 minutes ago, YaxaaS said:

Desensitize your triggers, you seem bewildered by it all !

Yeah man!! I am worried about that Taiwanese base of yours. I have prepared my family to evacuate, please have a mercy for the little enclave to your east  

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Oodweyne,

It is not so much Farmaajo talking on behalf of Sland, it is about unnecessarily making a new enemy. China had no interest in Somali affairs. Why pull it in?

YaxaaS   
46 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Yeah man!! I am worried about that Taiwanese base of yours. I have prepared my family to evacuate, please have a mercy for the little enclave to your east  

🧐 It is always good to be prepared.  Here I was thinking you lacked the proactive gene. Always letting Somaliland set the agenda. Being tossed and turned, so to speak, by the tides of Somaliland.  Each new wave catching you by surprise. Huffing and puffing, as you scramble to react in order to just stay afloat. I hear Zambia is welcoming.

21 minutes ago, YaxaaS said:

🧐 It is always good to be prepared.  Here I was thinking you lacked the proactive gene. Always letting Somaliland set the agenda. Being tossed and turned, so to speak, by the tides of Somaliland.  Each new wave catching you by surprise. Huffing and puffing, as you scramble to react in order to just stay afloat. I hear Zambia is welcoming.

Yes I agree. 30 years of surprises and brilliant political moves has made Somaliland an internationally recognised, prosperous and militarily strong  country. 👏👏👏